“Oh dear!”

The Kings Head Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 153 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Egyptian, European
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Aswan, Egypt
“Oh dear!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Sorry to say that since Gomah died the Kings Head pub died too.
The bricca bracc is impressive but the decor and cleanliness is not!

Visited August 2012
ShadyKHP, Owner at The Kings Head Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I am sorry that you feel conditions of the pub have gone down hill since my father passed away, however in honour of his memory I have purposefully not changed a part of the decor to keep his dream alive the way that he brought it to life. I apologise that you felt the cleanliness was also an issue, but I ensure you that I personally make sure that every area of my premises is cleaned on a daily basis.
I look forward to potentially seeing you again.

London
“Cheap, good atmosphere and reasonable food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Opposite the Lotus Hotel...draught lager at a very cheap price and nice red wine. Friendly staff. Food very good and reasonably priced. You have to climb some weird steps as it is on the second floor...don't let that put you off... you are heading in the right direction. Popular with the English, which usually frightens me off (being English myself!), but I did enjoy the food, service and beer and made a nice change from 'Egyptian' food which can be a bit 'samey' as there is no great eating-out culture in Egypt.

• Visited November 2012
Thanks so much for taking time out to visit us.
I am glad you enjoyed all we have to offer and I look forward to potentially seeing you again soon.

St Peter Port, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best pub in Luxor”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The kings head is an amazing pub ,in was there last year ,as soon as you walk through the door your made to feel welcome ,the bar has so much character ,the staff are great the cocktail shots are brilliant ,they even get you to write your name on the wall ,it's just one of those pubs that you have to go back to ,I've worked in the pub trade for nearly thirty years ,and I would be proud to say I've worked in a place like the kings head ,so if your going to Luxor ,your trip would not be complete without going to the kings head ,

• Visited August 2012
It is always great to hear when people who have so experience within the industry are happy with the service we provided.
Thank you so much for coming in to visit us and I look forward to potentially seeing you again soon

Braintree, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't keep away!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Everytime I come to Luxor I always end up spending every night in the Kings Head.
The staff soon become your friends, the food always tastes great, the beer is always flowing and cold and the atmosphere is always such fun that you spend more time than you realised.
The saying is "home is where the heart is" and I left my heart in the Kings Head after my first visit 8 months ago.

Hi Georgina,

Its always great to see you and I am happy to hear that we always make you feel at home.
Me and the rest of the staff look forward to seeng you again on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
“Really good night”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We went here to watch a footsie game, we didn't expect much but it was really good lots of customers an overall enjoyable evening.
Service was good.

Visited October 2012
Happy to hear you enjoyed your eveing with us.
Dont forget that you can always request any football match and if I can get it I wil be sure to put it on for you.