“wish I stayed here”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boomerang Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Luxor
Boomerang Hotel
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
kannur
“wish I stayed here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have met the owner of this hotel and truly wish we had opted to stay here. Mia has been very helpful giving us several useful tips about Luxor. The place itself stands out very immaculately kept, seems very cool, not in a very busy part of town, just the place to stay if one wants some peace and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hyacinthKannur
mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi, Thanks for the review. It was great to meet you guys, especially as you understand the hotel business being owners yourself. I hope one day to visit your place in India. And if you are ever back this way we shall do coffee... only perhaps this time I wont pick you up on the street :)

All the best
Mia

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Harare Province, Zimbabwe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was my second stay at the boomerang. I had a few spare days waiting for a sudanese visa. This is the best hostel, great service, spotless rooms, comfortable beds, fast wifi. THis is the only place to stay in luxor, nowhere else comes close.

Room Tip: The tours are great and also cheaper than the competition. Well worth doing the west bank one
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank J K
mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Always good to have you. And you know you are welcome anytime.
Thanks for the nice kind words. We will see you when you get back.
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place!! I wish I could rate cleanliness at 10! You could eat off the floor of any surface in this place. One of the cleanest places we have stayed in over 6 months.
Mia is so friendly and her husband Mohamed is really helpful with tours and advice.
Breakfast is massive and such good value for money.
Roof top chill out area is such a good place to hang and free wifi is a bonus. This place is such good value and I highly recommend staying here.
It is going to be hard to find accomo as fab as this place else where in Egypt.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank shilohmilo
mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thanks for your review we appreciate it very much. Thankfully we have plates ha ha
All the best in your travels
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Boomerang Hotel was by far my favorite budget hotel I stayed at in Egypt. The place was modern and clean, we had a TV in the room and a balcony, and the shared bathrooms were immaculate. The train station and the Luxor temple are within short walking distance. Like other reviewers, I was sad to leave after having stayed for two nights because I wasn't ready to get back to the generally low quality budget accommodation.

The highlight of my stay was working with Omar, the front desk manager. He is super cool. He taught us how to ride mini buses to Karnak, where to find groceries, and he also organized our day trip to the west bank. He also did much more - basically he is the most accommodating and helpful staff I have met in any hotel I've been to.

One thing to be aware of is that this place is four+ stories tall so if you have an issues with stairs you might struggle. That being said, this is one hotel I would GLADLY go back to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always fantastic to hear our staff are performing well.
Unfortunately everyone we do not have a lift. The old style building can not accommodate one. But as stated it is worth the climb to the beautiful roof top terrace. A place of relaxation where you can escape the hussle and bussle of the streets.
Again thank you for you kind words.
penang
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

This place is clean and well-maintained. Stayed for a few days in an en suite room and did not see one crawling insect. My room had a mosquito net but I didn't have to use it. Had hot water from my own small heater.
I didn't see the dorms, but I noticed that there is no shortage of shared bathrooms.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate it.

I am happy to read that you did not find any bugs. We pride ourselves on cleanliness. As for insects we fumigate regularly as a preventative measure and have done since we opened, thus the chances of finding insects here are very very minimal.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days and i have to say it really made the trip for me, i didnt want to leave! The guys are so friendly and helpful. They sold beer but they had no wine, no problem, they went and got me some!!
Rooms were spotless, toilets were great, breakfast was yummy and the rooftop area was fantastic. They organised tours which are very good and good price too. And i also got to order a silver cartouche with my name in hieroglyphs off them for very cheap (id been in cairo and they were charging a fortune for them)
I would absolutely love to come back here, it felt like a home away from home!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate it.

You are very welcome. As we tell all guests we do not sell alcohol but we have no worries getting it for you upon request.
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Wonderful staff. Omar was incredibly helpful for anything we needed as far as tours/bookings were concerned. He also makes a mean omelet for breakfast and is great company while you're relaxing on the rooftop terrace. The terrace is also a great place to chill out and have a shisha or a few beers. Boomerang attracts a laid back clientele, so we met a lot of great people there. The rooms were clean, the water was warm, and the staff even woke us up for our tour in the morning. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends