“Five star service for backpacker prices”
Review of Boomerang Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Luxor
Boomerang Hotel
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Luxor had been a dream destination of mine for a long time but Egypt is not always the easiest place to travel in- especially as an all female group (!). However, the Boomerang hotel was by far the best place we stayed in. It was clean, spitting distance from the station, surrounded by good places to eat and away from all the chaos in the town centre whilst still being in easy walking distance to Luxor temple and the river. The rooftop lounge was lovely to hang out in the evening and the breakfast (£E15) deservingly famous (toast, eggs, omelette, AND pancakes really sets one up for the day!). We all stayed three nights in a triple room, with me staying one night extra night in a dorm to finish sightseeing (triple £E50 each per night).

I also went on a day-trip to Dendera and Abydos temples booked through the hotel which was well worth it. With three other guests, I only paid £E100 for the car for the entire day (about £10 English pounds): far cheaper than other quotes I was offered. True, this did not include a guide but having a pretty good basic knowledge of Ancient Egypt already, I preferred being able to explore the sites at my own leisurely place with guidebook in hand. I certainly was having more fun than the massive groups on tour buses who were being hustled around impatiently.

But by far what made Boomerang stand out above all was the care its owner Omar showed us. He was unfailingly helpful throughout our stay and went above and beyond what most budget hotels offer. He took care of booking trips without being pushy and never seemed to sleep, being available whenever a wee crisis blew up. He offered us hot water to make noodles and tea for free and allowed us to store our bags and even have a shower after we checked out when we returned from sight-seeing. When one of our group felt ill one of the nights he brewed cinnamon tea for her (which did seem to help) and showed genuine concern. By the end of the trip, we'd all decided we wanted to marry him and left me planning my next trip to Egypt. Thanks again Omar!

Room Tip: The dorm room 403 was a wee bit noisy (although spotlessly clean): the triple room 301 with an ensui...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank EyesOfAthena
mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2014

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had a very comfortable double-aspect twin-balcony room with a small TV and free wifi in the spotlessly clean Boomerang Hotel. B&B with private, if detached, bathroom is an extraordinarily good deal (E£65) and there is a relaxing rooftop bar serving the cheapest Stella beer (E£10) in town. The buffet breakfast too (E£15) is hard to beat: Omelet or pancakes cooked to order, orange squash, yogurts, cereal, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, a selection of white and yellow cheeses, various cold meats, tomatoes, cucumber, white and wholemeal toast, an array of jams, honey and, a selection of teas and coffee. This is probably the best value hotel I have stayed in, high praise indeed.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are a little quieter. As with everywhere in Egypt, there's a mosque nearby.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Dave I
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I would highly a stay at the Boomerang. Clean and friendly and at the price a real bargain. It's one of the best places I've stayed in on my whole six month trip. I would highly recommend a stay here. Also the breakfast buffet is superb.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank bezoire
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It is veeeryyy clean, has very nice steps.
Just 7mins far from the railway station by walking.
We traveled Egypt for 6 weeks. Boomerang gave to us best price and best service.
Thanks you so much. Thanks to you, we were really happy in Luxor :-)

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank tomorrowgoodgoodgood
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days, feeling literally at home. :)

Rooms are really clean and cozy, staffs are soooooo nice; friendly and humorous. They don't seem to care about money, don't force travelers to do all the tour things, but are very willing to give any kinds of information to people.

There are not many things except for beds and a mirror in the room, but you don't expect much for a budget hotel, do you? So, if you are looking for a backpacker-friendly hotel in Luxor, this is the place!! :)

1  Thank yiso_yiso
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I liked this place a lot. in the budget range it is clean, very clean.very good breakfast, with fruit! but above all is the way staff acts that makes a difference. they don't even seem to care about the money, it's really up to you.and this is a good sensation in Luxor. they were friendly and cool. I'll be back.

Room Tip: I took a room with shared bathroom and infact I had two very close clean bathrooms all for me
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at the Boomerang hostel January 15-16 and had a fantastic experience. Omar was so friendly and kind. The room was clean and the bed was huge! The water was hot and the roof top had great music and a wonderful atmosphere to meet other travelers. I ran the marathon on the 18th and came back to the Boomerang hostel for a couple of hours before my train left on the 19th. Omar protected my suitcase, let me use the internet, and even offered that I could take a shower all for free. I really felt like family at this hostel and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sweet experience of hospitality that doesn't cost you too much.

Thanks again Omar!!!