“An absolute must”

JJ's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: Egyptian, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: After 8 years of business in Karnak, Luxor - JJ's Bar & Restaurant moved to El Gezira Hotel, Geziret-el-Beirat, West Bank, Luxor and re opened on the 1st September 2017. We now operate from the top floor restaurant and bar and ground floor garden where we provide a full menu plus daily specials boards, a good selection of beers and wines and put on theme nights, live music and regular entertainment. JJ’s at El Gezira Hotel Home to the Rock ‘n’ Ra Burger
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The owners are incredible, funny and talented - Romany the bartender is incredible and it's simply just a great place to hang out. The food is great, the upstairs restaurant is a must-see. You will not be disappointed at all.

1  Thank G555

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Called in for a meal on a music night, had their home made beef burger which was mouth watering! Was great to see everyone!

2  Thank Stef075
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We were staying at the sofitel Karnak. Great hotel but dead during the evenings. I found jj's via trip advisor "near me now" and what a great find. Its run by a musically inclined English couple and they are setup for live music. We drank proper rum and cokes with them until about 4am for two nights running and during that time we had a jam session with them and learnt an incredible amount about Egyptology. Our host Axial is an expert on the subject. The bar is down a side street on the right coming from sofitel through Karnak village. Probably best to email them first to check on opening times etc. They also do food but as we were all inclusive we did not get to try that.

1  Thank johnnyholliday
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I can't really add anything more than what has already been said than give our experience. Have just returned home having spent the last seven days in Luxor. Having researched places to visit on Tripadvisor before we went, we decided to give this place a casual visit. Anyway, we ended up at JJ's three out of the seven nights we were in Luxor. We ate there on two of the nights which was very good to say the least. Both Axel and Julie were very personable, and really make what JJ's is. It was their hospitality that made us go there for the three nights. They fully engaged with everyone at all times and made you feel part of their circle. The live entertainment although low key was actually really very very good if not impressive. Axel is an absolute keyboard master with Col on the guitar and Graham on the bongo's. The jam night was interesting as the first set was 22 minutes of "making it up as you go along" but the outcome was such that the piece could easily have been rehearsed before hand had I not known that it was a jam session. Overall, a must place to visit if you want good homely cooking with a bar atmosphere, with some good interesting and sometimes intelligent conversations with the owners.

1  Thank Boroboy36
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Found this through Facebook and decided to give it a try when I arrived back in Luxor. Was in contact with them though FB prior to arriving as wanted to visit on a night with live music on.
Jules and Axel welcomed me like a long lost friend and made me feel instantly like i'd been visiting them for years. The food menu has a varied choice to suit all tastes and also has a daliy specials board. The head barman Romany was lovely and friendly making me cocktails and constantly making me laugh. It was a live music jam night when I visited with Axel on the keyboard and Col Coleman on guitar, they were great, will definately be back in September to have a meal and stay for the live music again.
Thanks JJ's for making me feel so welcome!

1  Thank Stef075