“Amazing animal care.”

ACE- Animal Care in Egypt
Ranked #15 of 85 things to do in Luxor
More attraction details
Owner description: ACE - a FREE Visitor centre for tourists to see us at work, and visit our in-patients. ACE is a Veterinary Hospital working to UK standards, which gives free veterinary care and treatment to all neglected and abused animals. ACE also runs an educational programme, local school children come to learn that animals feel pain and should be treated with respect. ACE relieve the suffering of the animals in Luxor by prevention, maintenance treatment and education. Most taxi drivers know where we are and it will cost you appx 60le for a return journey to visit us via taxi. A registered charity. Donations welcome.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have never seen such care given to animals,be it horses,donkeys,dogs or cats.
Their expertise in helping sick animals is second to non.
So many folk give their time for free ,and vets also give up their leave to work here.
I would have to say that ACE is at the forefront when dealing with sick animals ,compared with another animal hospital in Luxor.
Please try to visit for you will not be disappointed for their dedication and hard work must be applauded.

1  Thank chami
There are newer reviews for ACE- Animal Care in Egypt

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went here with excellent caleche driver Radwan, No 194, from near Winter Palace. We saw how any animals get free treatment at this centre whilst he washed both his working horse and a young foal he was training. Not all working animals are badly treated and those that are can have better lives from the owners being educated by this establishment. Cheap drinks, good toilets and only a voluntary donation to enter.
Well worth a look!

1  Thank Lbp121
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited the centre and meet some fabulous people doing some great work. Worth a visit and to give support to.

1  Thank MatthewP239
Reviewed April 6, 2013

You must visit this place it is amazing. ace care for local animals for example donkeys that have been injured through their work etc. it is a charity run mainly by volunteers and a godsend to local Egyptians and their animals

1  Thank elainepsmith
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I took a trip here on my penultimate day in Luxor. Great place. I've set up a standing order and will donate a lump sum.
Please bring them some things from their wish list if you can. I had to hold back tears while the lovely young British volunteer lad showed me around. Not because the sights were so awful but because I imagined these poor horses and donkeys were just loving the rest they were getting and would have to go back to the hell of 18+ hour days 7 days a week before too long.
I was convinced I wouldn't take a caleche anywhere in Luxor but when I saw one with a lovely strong looking horse I thought I would take it for my visit to Ace otherwise would he ever get to go? Soon as the horse got through the gates and saw the sand bath he threw himself on the floor and began rolling around in utter joy, then he got a lovely long shower from his owner all courtesy of the ACE facilities.
PLEASE visit ACE. You won't regret it. It was great having a chat and a stroke of the donkeys and cats and meeting Kim and the caring staff. If I come back to Luxor I will come back with more things.

3  Thank Drivercarps