“The best private restaurant in town!!!”
Review of Gerda's Garden

Gerda's Garden
Ranked #15 of 155 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: German, Egyptian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Dear travellers to Luxor, this restaurant is a must. Gerda, Wael and Hossam deliver the most outstanding service and food. If I have the blues, I go to Gerda, she makes me feel happy. The food is outstanding. You know my family ask me everyday to have the perfect "Kartoffelsalat", the "Gulasch" and the famous "Hackbraten". In addition you can play before/after some funny games. Gerda has it all. A place to be, when you are in Luxor. I love it. They are the Best. Dear Gerda, Wael and Hossam thank you so much, as you made my family life a real pleasure. Regards Christoph

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are a spanish people team working in Luxor. Finding this lovely restaurant has been an great experience. Good people and better food. Amaizing. Thanks for your hospitality and your delicious food. The best egiptian one I've tried there. Perfect coocked meal, fresh product, nice fish...PERFECT! :))

1  Thank AintzaneBP
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant is amazing. Firstly the service was second to none. The staff were really friendly and helpful in describing all the dishes and accommodating when one of our group had food allergy. The food was very fresh and the portion size large.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the highlights of our Luxor stay was Gerda's Garden where we were treated to the most amazing Egyptian Banquet.
Fellow travellers had been to Gerda's Gardens for several nights and they'd arranged to be banquest guests of the proprietors at their restaurant the final night of our stay, and included us, as they said the daily menu had been superb and here we were being offered a banquet.
Oh what a treat. The family atmosphere we walked into was so full of fellowship: Gerda met us and introduced us to her husband Wael and from then on in it just got better.
While the meal was three course, each serving included around eight courses and the main banquet table just groaned with the tasty and interesting choices for us all to share. Gerda was on hand to explain each platter and along with her husband and others from his famly, we were never far from ''expert'' caring service.
The traditional cake we devoured for dessert was just so delicious.
The menu is diverse: Egyptian, German and other international choices. There is plenty to choose from: fish, small appetisers, salads, meat and poultry.
While we were there several local people of differing nationalities just popped in, sat in the lounge area, had a coffee, read the paper, had a chat and most came over and shared some local tid-bits and always a laugh.
This has to be one of my best ''restaurant'' nights I've experienced in my travels: not posh, not grand, not expensive, just the very best food, amazing fellowship and all in all a bit like ''dining at home'' but the food was far better than anything I have ever served in my own home.
Apparently there used to be a garden in the front, hence the name Gerda's Garden but the local council took it for the rather wide road which runs along the front.
When in Luxor, pop in and spend some valued tourist money on a meal with Gerda and Wael - you will never forget it.

1  Thank worldlylois
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently visited Luxor for the first time and came across this place early in my week as it was right outside the drive to my hotel. I found them to be very welcoming and friendly. They have a great choice on the menu at very reasonable prices, as a result of this i chose to eat there 3 evenings during my week. If in Luxor i would highly recommend at least one evening eating here.

1  Thank MatthewP239