“My favorite place to eat in all of Luxor!”

Al-Sahaby Lane Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Egyptian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Charlotte, North Carolina
“My favorite place to eat in all of Luxor!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Having dinner on the roof top terrace, which over looks Luxor Temple and the Valley of the Sphinx, Valley of the Kings (across the Nile), and the Nile River, is an experience I will never forget! I don't remember the name of my favorite dish, but it was like a baked chicken alfredo. My family and I had dinner of the roof top most of the nights we were there because the other places didn't compare. We always had tea after our meal and watching the activity on the streets from above was a great experience! You can taste the freshness of the food as well. The meat, veggies, fruits, and fresh juices were so tasty. Go for the lemon juice, lemon/mint or watermelon or watermelon/mint after a long day touring and you will for sure be refreshed!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
“Great rooftop dining”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner on the rooftop terasse tonight and very much enjoyed the great service from Mahmoud and the really good cuisine from Gabriel's wife. The atmosphere and view over the temples are amazing. We will come again!

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Great food and a warm welcome”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were a party of 11 on the evening we ate at the Al-Sahaby. We arrived onto the roof terrace restaurant to be greated by amazing views of Luxor temple and the West Bank - so the evening was memorable before we even began to think about the food.

There was a huge range and something for everyone. So our less adventurous members had chicken and kebabs whilst others tucked into camel stew...

We were recommended by a previous trip adviser review to try the milk shakes - and I could see why - they were delicious!

The staff were very typically Egyptian - extremely friendly, very helpful and non obtrusive. Nothing was to much trouble.....

and the bill.........£78 for 11 people .......incredible.

We will definitely go again on our next visit....

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Food in Egypt!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is the best meal I've had in Egypt. The head cook Gbrele really knows his stuff. I had the Vegetable Maqara'a and my friend had the Al-Sahaby Tagi. Both were amaaaaazing. The Baba Ganoush was really tasty, too. Very different flavor than other Baba I've had here.

The restaurant is on top of the Nefertiti hotel. The view of the Luxor temple and the Nile is enchanting. The wifi is strong. And if you ask at reception, they will find some beer for you ;)

Redruth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I researched places to eat in Luxor and this restaurant came up and it lived up to the reviews it was excellent - we were shown to our table on the roof terrace and had an amazing view over Luxor Temple. We then ordered milkshakes the mango was the best !! All food was freshly cooked using fresh ingredients and was full of flavour the staff service was good and the owner Aladin came to speak to us and made us feel very welcome
Thank you for making this a memorable evening for us & our friends
We can highly recommend and will come back here to eat again.

1 Thank Jackie G