“Meh.”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Aswan
HOLYOKE, MA
“Meh.”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I don't know what the other hotels are like (which seems to be boosting the Keylaney's reputation) but my shower was ice cold despite the heater being on, the room was pretty beat, the beds were comfortable, but the pillows smelled like the last patron, some of the lights in the room didn't work. They have a Jacuzzi room for longer term guests which they let me use. This was exciting as I'd had a long, cold day, but the Jacuzzi was tepid, only half the jets worked, and the bottom was grimy. This would be fine for a $10 hostel in Egypt, but not a $30 hotel.

Pro is that it's right next to the souk. There's not much to see in Aswan besides transport to Abu Simbel. Staff was nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank THERMODANI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Finding a descent backpacker hotel in Aswan can be difficult. If you have business to conduct in Aswan, as many travelers do, avoid the West Bank. The Keylany Hotel is well located, clean, inexpensive, friendly staff, and a rooftop pool to boot. The souq is across the street, with plenty of places to eat and even grab a beer. I paid more than in Luxor or Cairo ($17) but had a private bath, tv, mini fridge, free wifi and air con. Call to negotiate prices.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My stay at Keylany was too short and I'm very happy I chose this hotel. The reception were friendly, informative, and over all very helpful, they arranged a private driver to take me to Abu Simbel, which was perfect because I got there half an hour earlier then the tour buses and I had the temple all to myself. My room was very clean, air conditioning worked well and the hotel is nicely close to the Souk. Aswan was my favourite destination in all of Egypt, and the next time I am back in Aswan, I will definitely stay at Keylany Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nicskey
Harare Province, Zimbabwe
Reviewed June 23, 2013

very helpful and friendly staff, especially the manager. HE helped me while i was waiting for my visa. ALso he got me fair prices on all the taxis i ordered through the hotel. THe wifi worked, the bed was comfortable and aircon worked a treat. I had the misfortune to stay in a fewbof aswans other budget hotels, lets just say, do yourself a favour and go for the keylany.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank J K
Riverbank, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I have read lot of reviews and finally decided to go with Keylany hotel. Stayed with my family for a night.we were given triple room on the lower level. Room is comfortable and slept comfortably. AC worked fine. Manager at the front desk was very helpful and answered all my questions. Wifi worked fine. Souk was very nearby. Just get out of the entrance and turn left and you will end up at the souk. We found Aswan souk much better than Cairo and Luxor. Did plenty of souvenir, spice shopping here at the souk. Found the laundry expensive. Costs around 30EGP for few T shirts and a pant. Did not take any tour with them. I heard the tours arranged by Keylany are very cheap.

Manager was very helpful. Even he hawled me a taxi and negotiated price for me. I know it was very cheap because next day I had to pay more for a taxi from a tour arranged by my cruise.

Next morning we went to the rooftop for breakfast. Breakfast was okay just pancake, bread toast and juice. But you have to climb all the way to the 4th floor some people may feel inconvenient.

Overall not had a bad experience with my stay and the customer service is really outstanding. I would stay here again and recommend to anyone who want to stay on a budget hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Balaji B
Shinagawa, Japan
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff was professional and helpful. It's one of the best budget hotels in Aswan. They offered the long and short trip to Ab Simbel. Only downside I saw was the room smelled wired.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ぶるーむ
Uley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Clean and confortable but a bit unispiring and rooms tend to be cramped and dark. Helpful service and handy location. Not the best value for money. Rooftop breakfast- service good but food not very inspiring

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple