“The setting makes it..”

Pyramisa Isis Corniche Hotel
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Aswan
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Isis Corniche has a beautiful setting high on the banks of the Nile. Their chilly, but refreshing pool is nicely surrounded by chairs, tables and sun-lounges which can be enjoyed with a sensational view across the river. Staff are helpful and obliging and went out of their way to bake a cake for a group members birthday.

The breakfast buffet in the restaurant (which overlooks the Nile) is vast and complete and very fresh. There's a chef there to cook omelets. The rooms are set into a garden, we had a nice bathroom with consistent hot water, soap dispensers and plenty of room. The room had closets, television and fresh, comfortable linens.

The location is along the promenade and is very quiet. It makes a nice retreat from the chaos of the streets and markets.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I usually stay at budget hotels, but was looking forward to a bit of luxury during a couple of nights in Aswan.
The service was really disappointing and on the second night each of us had only one towel in the room - even the double room, despite asking at reception twice and being assured more towels would be provided, but this never happened.
Breakfast was okayish, but not great. The coffee was the worst I have ever been served and was consistently lukewarm, just to add insult to injury.
The beds were unprecedentedly hard too, and the free wi-fi was only available in the lobby.
On the good side.......great location! Lovely to sit by the Nile and sip a drink in the evening, or early morning before the heat got too fierce.
I don't think it was worth the money spent, despite getting a good deal for booking early.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed in room 204 for a night in March. The room itself was rather dismal - the bathtub plumbing was problematic so the water wasn't going down quickly enough and we ended up showering with ankle-length water around us. The deposit box in our room was also spoiled. But as we were only staying for a night, we didnt bother requesting for a change.

Service wise was lacking in initiative. We departed very early in the morning, and my friend was struggling with her luggage - note: you get deposited by the main street and have to go down a relatively long flight of stairs to reach the hotel entrance, but none of the staff offered to help carry her luggage up.

We were given a breakfast box as we had to leave early, the spread wasn't fantastic. A couple of plain buns, packet of chips, an orange, packet of juice. Not sure if the breakfast at the hotel itself is good, but just a heads-up for those who eat alot and request a breakfast box cos you need to leave early - you may end up hungry.

Location wise its very convenient, just a few minutes away from the train station, and it's facing a row of shops and a market. There's also Maccas about 10min walk away.

The seaview itself is magnificent - advise to get the rooms facing the sea if you're a view sort of person. Ours was facing the other side.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been staying at Pyramisa a number of times. Everytime I visit this gorgeous city this is where I stay. The location is rather unsurpassed, right on the banks of the Nile and no hassle of boat transfers.

The staff is always extremely polite and professional. Any request will be satisfied as soon as possible.

Sure a couple things could be fixed but you also have to keep in mind what you're paying. It is the best deal in town.

I love cooling down in the swimming pool and the gardens are well kept!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gmv80
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and were very happy with everything. The location was wonderful and right across from the souk. Our room had a most beautiful view of the Nile, with large picture windows and even a window over the shower/bath. The room was very large, as was the bathroom, and also spotlessly clean with housekeeping daily. Breakfast was fabulous with such a variety of foods and good service. The pool was large and relaxing, with plenty of shady lounges to use. I loved the way that the bungalows were arranged in a garden setting, rather than a high rise building. It felt more relaxing as we meandered our way across a little bridge and through a garden walk to get to the pool, restaurant, reception or river access to boats. Much more romantic than taking the elevator! Good free wi-fi in reception and pool areas too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Last month I stayed there for 2 nights. The location itself was really convenient, but the staff were not willing to help. At the begging I asked them for some advice taking a trip in Aswan and, Abu Simbel, they did contact the tavel agent to contact me, but the price was unbelievable expensive,I ve spend 5 times more money to buy the same travel to those mentioned. Most important at all, the travel agency was located directly in the hotel, what could I say? Next time when you arrive there, try to find another better one to stay overnight. I do not recommend this one. With same, price you could and should have a better quality while staying. Nobody would like to get cheated.

誠心不推薦這家旅館,儘管位置很好,員工卻不樂於幫助,並將顧客轉介到高價的旅行社,我付了五倍的價錢買了相同的行程。雖然埃及的物價十分低,但是沒人是喜歡受到欺騙的。

Linus Haung from Taiwan

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in March to visit Abu Simbel, Philae, Kitchener's Island and the Nubian museum.
The location of the hotel is very good, right in the center, but the disadvantage of this is, ofcourse, the noise from the street.
And there is a lot of noise because they communicate with their horns&lights in traffic :-)

We went to Abu Simbel via the hotel (120 EGP), unfortunately we were the last ones seated and got the 'foldable' chairs. I was seated next to 2 people I didn't know and since my chair didn't have a high back I had to sit up and stay awake for the whole 3,5 hours we drove to Abu Simbel (leaving at 3.30 a.m., so everyone was sleeping).

The room was clean and comfortable enough, but not really cosy. The windows are tinted and because of that there's a yellow shine in the room.

The lobby wasn't clean (sand everywhere, but the desert is next to the Nile in Aswan, so maybe it's normal) and the plates&cups at breakfast were dusty, so that wasn't very clean either.

I think this hotel is too expensive, especially when I compare it with the hotel we stayed in at Luxor!

The staff is friendly and always ready to help!!