“Great location, but poor service”

Pyramisa Isis Corniche Hotel
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Aswan
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Last month I stayed there for 2 nights. The location itself was really convenient, but the staff were not willing to help. At the begging I asked them for some advice taking a trip in Aswan and, Abu Simbel, they did contact the tavel agent to contact me, but the price was unbelievable expensive,I ve spend 5 times more money to buy the same travel to those mentioned. Most important at all, the travel agency was located directly in the hotel, what could I say? Next time when you arrive there, try to find another better one to stay overnight. I do not recommend this one. With same, price you could and should have a better quality while staying. Nobody would like to get cheated.

誠心不推薦這家旅館,儘管位置很好,員工卻不樂於幫助,並將顧客轉介到高價的旅行社,我付了五倍的價錢買了相同的行程。雖然埃及的物價十分低,但是沒人是喜歡受到欺騙的。

Linus Haung from Taiwan

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Pyramisa Isis Corniche Hotel

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in March to visit Abu Simbel, Philae, Kitchener's Island and the Nubian museum.
The location of the hotel is very good, right in the center, but the disadvantage of this is, ofcourse, the noise from the street.
And there is a lot of noise because they communicate with their horns&lights in traffic :-)

We went to Abu Simbel via the hotel (120 EGP), unfortunately we were the last ones seated and got the 'foldable' chairs. I was seated next to 2 people I didn't know and since my chair didn't have a high back I had to sit up and stay awake for the whole 3,5 hours we drove to Abu Simbel (leaving at 3.30 a.m., so everyone was sleeping).

The room was clean and comfortable enough, but not really cosy. The windows are tinted and because of that there's a yellow shine in the room.

The lobby wasn't clean (sand everywhere, but the desert is next to the Nile in Aswan, so maybe it's normal) and the plates&cups at breakfast were dusty, so that wasn't very clean either.

I think this hotel is too expensive, especially when I compare it with the hotel we stayed in at Luxor!

The staff is friendly and always ready to help!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a tour, felt expensive and fancy. All your needs were pretty much met. Very comfortable. My favorite moment was swimming in the lovely pool with a Nile-view at sunset after a run to the Nubian museum on a warm day :-)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was the first place my friend and I stayed upon arriving to Egypt. The hotel is in a beautiful location, right on the banks of the Nile. The manager of the hotel is a lovely, helpful man who did everything possible to make our stay (and even our departure!) go smoothly. He arranged for a felucca ride for us, a day tour in a private car, even helped us with train tickets when our transportation to Luxor fell through. He went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, safe and comfortable. In fact all of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable, but could have been a little bit cleaner in corners and such. One comment, as two women traveling in Egypt for the first time, we felt it would have been nice to have a lock that was lockable from the inside. There was only a key lock from the outside, which made my friend a little uncomfortable. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We had a lovely stay and I would definitely stay here again if I am ever fortunate enough to return to Aswan. It is a great choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice hotel. I stayed here as part of a tour and we were all very comfortable here. The best part was relaxing by the poolside, eating a meal or enjoying a drink and soaking up views of the Nile. Very nicely landscaped gardens with plenty of outside seating to enjoy it. Good location close to the markets.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights at the isis Corniche hotel in Aswan and found it an excellent value for money as for 70 euro per night for a superior room on the Nile you are in a perfect location, have a perfect view, very good swimming pool, very friendly staff and management, good travel assistance, fast and free wifi, abundant breakfast and good service. The only drawback is a very limited choice at the bar.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the Nile
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dominique A
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is on the corniche with outstanding views of the nile from the swimming pool and other public areas.the rooms are connected chalet type rooms.all normal facilities,house keeping is good.breakfeast buffet is varied and very good..
Most importantly,staff on reception are efficient and polite.the manager Hani,is very helpful and pleasing.he made us feel welcome.always good to have such people around.

Room Tip: Excellent value hotel in the middle of aswan
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends