“Beautiful location and excellent service”

LTI - Pyramisa Isis Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Aswan
New York City, New York
“Beautiful location and excellent service”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our stay in Aswan and would highly recommend this hotel. Its located on its own island in the Nile river and using a shuttle boat (runs 24/7) you can reach downtown Aswan. The rooms are a bit outdated, but still very clean. My rate included the breakfast which was really good. Overall, the hotel is a great value for money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kayneel K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Perfect location, the Hotel is located on a beautiful island away from the noise with amazing scenery and beautiful gardens. The pool is really nice and clean with a nice Italian restaurant. The ferry service from the hotel to the other side of the river was a journey itself that we enjoyed. The food was nice and the staff was friendly and helpful especially in the restaurant. But the rooms' furniture is very old and in a strong need for renovation, the staff's uniform needs to look a little better (newer and more colorful). BUT UNFORTUNATELY our last day was a disaster because of the lack of coordination between the hotel's staff; we got a kind of special discount when we made the reservation 3 months earlier in september and though I called the hotel more than 3 times to make sure that the money that we paid cash after the special rate includes all the things that I asked for (half board and the gala dinner, king bed, etc..) and each time I had to re
explain the whole story and when checking in too I made sure too that the special rate I got includes all the things I asked for and they confirmed it BUT when checking out they forgot everything and they were talking about another reservation that I made through booking and cancelled a long time ago and it took us forever to re explain the whole story from the beginning that we have a reservation with a special rate etc.. and the problem was because there was a big MISCOORDINQTION between the General Manager of the hotel and the reception's staff and because of this we missed our lunch that we planned before our airplane and was really a very bad end to our trip! apart from the last day i would have given the hotel 5/5 but because of what happened on our last day which made me leave the hotel really disappointed i will rate it 3/5

• Stayed December 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Actually this title says it all. Beautifully situated on an island in the Nile. Shuttle ferries go every 30 minutes 24/7 to Aswan center. We had a hard time finding decent restaurants in Aswan-town, we ended up in the hotel several times with very good food. Rooms either face the city across the Nile or the desert ( with more sun on your balcony and wonderful sandy views) In winter I 'd recommend the sunny side, in summer you'll be cooked here. Manager Mohamed Fekri is around to make every guest feel like a farao and he made our stay unforgettable. All the staff , reception , restaurant etc were wonderful. As for the interior : the hotel has seen younger years, but rooms are very clean. One note: A small explanation in the room for the safe would be helpful.

Room Tip: rooms with desert view have more sun, views on either side are beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joostvandermeent
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. The good thing about hotel

- The expanse of hotel including pools, area, resturants, coffe shops.
- Helpful and professional staff
- location and well connected via free boats to east bank.
- delicious breakfast.

Negatives;

- Cannot be called a 5 star but will rank as 4 star.
- Cleanliness should be imroved e.g. corridor carpet worn out.

Still this hotel is good to stay and will like to go back, stay and recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Beautifully located, peaceful hotel on it's own island in the River Nile. Shuttle boat gives regular service (24/7), nice river ride, and hotel far enough from the hustle and bustle of Aswan. Hotel is a bit rundown, but helpful and friendly staff under supervision of the ever present Mr Fekri more than make up for this. Good breakfast buffet, wi-fi in lobby, lovely rooms with good beds. I had a balcony on the sunset side and heard nothing but exotic birds and some cows every now and then, lovely!
Health club ok but should close later than 6pm, pool not heated but even in December great for a refreshing swim.

2 Thank dezzyB
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have just returned from a holiday in Aswan and I stayed at the Pyramisa Isis hotel which was a fantastic experience. I must say I was very pleased. The location is great and the staff really made a difference. I had a bad experience getting a train to Aswan and then another bad experience getting a taxi to the hotel and the manager was very welcoming and even invited me for tea in his office while we discussed my plans in Aswan. Hany his name was (great guy). All the staff were very professional which was expected and they all spoke good English. Definately coming back here again!

1 Thank Kibuuka M
NE UK
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights, travelling from Luxor by train. Checking in was very quick, room was fine with a lovely view from the large balcony. All very clean. Plenty of choice for breakfast in a beautiful restaurant, again with lovely views. So sorry that there were so few visitors during the time I was there, hope it will pick up soon. It's really lovely to walk around the island after breakfast. There are seating areas at various points along the walk, great for bird-watching, photography, watching the river and admiring the lovely gardens planted with orange and lemon trees. I felt I had dropped into paradise and will definitely re-visit.

During my time, I visited Nobles Tombs, Elephantine Island with the fascinating Nileometer, and the modern sculpture park. I recommend all of these, but be aware that the walking is quite rough - wear trainers or similar.

Room Tip: I had 209, which was fine for me, close to reception and west-facing so had lovely sunset views. Mig...
1 Thank andrewsisters