Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Review Highlights
I have never felt so spoiled.

What can I say?! They were always on time, even when we are 10 minutes early, expect them to be... read more

Reviewed March 26, 2020
Khykhy14
Chino Hills, California
via mobile
Wonderful 2-day felluca tour

My wife and I took a 2-day felluca trip through Aswan Individual and it definitely was a highlight... read more

Reviewed March 24, 2020
reinhardstolle
Leipzig, Germany

Recommended experiences in and around Aswan
from $51.29
from $125.00
from $225.65
from $375.00
More Info
All reviews abu simbel day trip kom ombo and edfu email communication aswan airport felucca ride nile cruise private car west bank tour visit abu tour operator great company other companies full day tour went smoothly egypt trip arranged everything
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, the service they provide is ok, but you can get the EXACT SAME service for at least half the price thèse people ask, and that is without barganning and aranged at any hôtel réception.... Their driver do not speak more english then any other driver !!!! Take à chance to ask at your hôtel réception for tours, you will save à loooot of money !

Date of experience: April 2016
4  Thank artemiscaro
petraaswan, Guest Relations Manager at Aswan Individual - Daily Tour, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2016

Aswan Individual service and prices, so you can compare when asking others:

-> ALLROUND INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE
A network of great locals have built and are still updating the Aswan Individual website with information from and for travelers. This info is collected by emails from our guests that we receive after asking them how they have liked our service and if they had any idea how to improve it.
We give prices on that website that are fixed and not to be changed from any service provider or guest, not before or after the excursion (more about prices see last point).

-> HAND TAILORED ITINERARIES WITH MANY DETAILS THAT ARE GOOD TO KNOW.
Aswan Individual does not offer packages or any standard program but hand-tailored itineraries for every single guest and these are changed as long as it needs to satisfy our guests.
When people contact us they receive answers within a day, usually within 1-4 hours. We answer to their requests and add a lot of details that are good to know and which we have collected with every more advice during the last 10 years by check-ups (see above).

-> PAY AFTER ARRIVAL IN ASWAN
Aswan Individual does not ask for deposits (except that it is possible to pay upfront to book a Nile Cruise room to make the booking safe). Waleed, who is fully licensed from the Egyptian Travel agency association (ETA), meets our guests at the hotel reception from our guest, to sit with him/her/them, and go through the itinerary, answer last questions, agree if a module should be changed, canceled, added, and then add up the modules that are agreed to be booked and payed.

-> MAKING SURE, GUESTS ARE SATISFIED
When an excursion begins, Waleed comes with driver and car - if asked for - with guide, to introduce these to guests, show the cooled down and clean car to the guest to make sure he/she/they are satisfied, and then wishes a nice day.
During the day, Waleed calls at least once on the phone of the driver or the guide (to save roaming costs for guests), to pass the phone on to the guest and then ask direct if all is fine or if something is disturbing the guest somehow.

-> WALEED IS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS
Waleed, the responsible travel agent who organizes the network of locals that we chose for their professionalism, honesty and hospitality, meets our guests for the first convoy to Abu Simbel after 3 am, for excursions starting at 6 am, and picks up the last guests from the airport at midnight. In case you should call him and he would sound sleepy, please forgive him as he needs to nap sometime in-between.

-> NO HASSLE OR SOUVENIR SHOPS
Guides, drivers, captains are not allowed to invite tourists into souvenir shops. In case we learn from a guest that he had felt hassled in any way from any representative from Aswan Individual, we investigate and the one could/would loose his job. All members of our network know that the weakest link in the chain can ruin the reputation of all and the income for all and their families.

-> PRICES: NO PROFIT
Aswan Individual gives prices that are NOT FOR EACH person, but for the service:
This is a contrast to other travel agencies, who ask for prices for each person and a minimum number of persons, and then put strangers into one bus/felucca to add up income and make profit.
So the first person (or minimum number of persons) pay about the same price like with Aswan Individual, every more person pays for the profit of the company. Stops at souvenir shops waste time of tourists, but bring commissions for an agency. This is NOT the case with Aswan Individual!

Aswan Individual prices are the result of an addition for car rental company, guide, driver, felucca, captain, office costs and permissions that have to be bought from the tourist police.

As a licensed travel agency Waleed needs to rent licensed "tourist limousines" (allowed for 4 persons incl. driver, maybe guide) or "tourist microbuses" (allowed for 6 guests), which are regularly checked by the tourist police, rather new, all clean, of course with AC.
Taxes, permissions, wages - all is included, and the number of your family or friends can spend carefree holidays by sharing the costs.

Posted by Petra, in behalf of Waleed, the owner and general manager, and all locals that are involved in the network from Aswan Individual

Reviewed April 22, 2016

Egypt was wonderful and Aswan was one of the best cities to visit. The city of Aswan was much better than anticipated thanks to Waleed. The Phillae Temple, Felluca, Nile Cruise, and other excursions were among the highlights.

In regards to Aswan Individual, Waleed was the perfect tour guide. His professionalism and attention to detail was superb. I have not seen any other companies or individuals in Egypt offer this level of customer service. With my parents who were elderly, he went above and beyond what we expected. He treated my parents as if they were his parents.

I would highly recommend Aswan Individual to anybody traveling to the area. In addition, I want to thank Petra for her prompt responses to my inquiries and quick turnaround with my questions. It was a pleasure to interact with her.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

My father and I took a short tour to the Kalabsha temple. The guide was fantastic and he was very knowledgeable. He was one of the best guides we had while touring Egypt. The booking process was very easy and Petra helped me and answered any and all I questions I had prior to me arriving in Egypt. Waleed was also helpful to us as he was the one to pick us up in the morning for our tour and introduced us to our guide before we headed out. The day was simple, easy and very educational. I would highly recommend this tour.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank Tinydancer04
Reviewed February 13, 2016

From the moment I contacted Aswan Individual I was amazed at the quality of service and the professionalism of the company. My emails were answered immediately by a lovely lady by the name of Petra, her English was perfect and her advice sound.
I was met at Aswan airport by Waleed who came personally (even although it was almost 1 a.m.) with a driver and a beautiful clean, modern car. I was taken to my hotel and Waleed came in to check that everything was as it should be. He arrange trips at my request, to Kalabsha and Abu Simbel. Both trips were wonderful, thanks in no small way to Waleed and his team.
I was particularly impressed by the guide who accompanied me to Kalabsha. His name is Abdul and, in my opinion, is the best in Aswan! He knows all there is to know about Ancient Egypt, his English is perfect, he has been educated to university level and is a professional to his fingertips. 5 star guide and 5 star rating to Waleed and his drivers. The trip to Abu Simbel went off without a hitch. A smooth drive there and back and the car was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The driver friendly and courteous, as indeed everyone is in Aswan. Many thanks Waleed, I will be back!

Date of experience: February 2016
2  Thank jim l
Reviewed February 12, 2016

we were on a nile cruise with my family! one of the stops beside luxor was aswan its a must for anyone who love ancient egyptian history !there is a lot to see !

Date of experience: December 2015