Tripadvisor
Search
Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Review Highlights
Excellent tour company.

Our experience with the Aswan Individual team from the moment I contacted them to the end of our... read more

Reviewed yesterday
rajbira
Delhi
Beyond EXCELLENT!!!

Rachel is outstanding!!! On the professional side she is very 'professional'. I informed her of... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Traveler301957

Recommended experiences in and around Aswan
from $51.29
from $360.00
from $125.00
from $320.00
More Info
All reviews abu simbel day trip kom ombo and edfu felucca ride aswan airport private car nile cruise highlight of our trip visit abu west bank tour tour operator great company other companies went smoothly egypt trip arranged everything full day tour
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2014

While our initial impressions were excellent, we left the trip slightly dissapointed not 100% sure the premium price equated to premium service.

Before arriving, Aswan Individual (especially petra) were very efficient and helpful in organising our trip and answering any questions. Waleed took over in Aswan and although continued to be helpful, we felt the hospitality was a bit superficial.

We booked a 3 day/3 night felucca and a organised taxi to edfu and luxor. The felucca experience was incredible and we had a lovely crew on board but we were slightly dissapointed with the food offered (a lack of protein-meat and fish etc). it was quite clear the crew on board were limited in their capacity to provide good food. We also were not allowed past daraw on the felucca so we weren't able to do the entire trip as advertised e.g. go to silsila temple. Finally we didn't feel 100% safe in the taxi that took us to luxor and it was near impossible to communicate with the driver where our hostel in luxor was because he spoke no english. We expected this information to have already been passed on by Waleed. I was in regularly contact with Waleed in the car and I expressed my concern of dangerous driving and I went on to say if he could keep this confidential to not put us in an awkward position. On passing the phone back to the driver, waleed proceeds to quiz him about his speed and we could sense the drivers anger.

After raising these concerns with Waleed, I have since received an apologetic email from Petra.

I should also add we did a full day trip in Cairo organised by Aswan Individual and it was a very enjoyable day with an excellent guide. Who knows whether we got this better service after complaining....

Our overall impression was that while Aswan Individual provide a good service, it is done at quite a premium. We were regularly offered prices at a significant discount and we came away unsure whether it was worth the extra we paid.

4  Thank ELKElliston
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Aswan is a must, must, must visit.. We travelled by train from Cairo, stayed in a basic B&B & travelled by taxi to Abu simbel.. Magnificent & has to be seen to be believed.. We stayed in Aswan for 4 days & enjoyed the markets & the eating out experience. I did all this backpacking with a friend.. I'm married now & plan to take hubby there one day..

Reviewed September 1, 2014

We spent some days in Aswan and we have done some tours with Aswan Individual. I preferred to organize this part of our trip before arriving to Egypt so I contacted Aswan Individual with many requests. I received an answer very soon and very precise from Petra with a pdf file with the costs and the details for every tour. I asked them to find me a car to go to Safaga (very far from Aswan) and they provided also it. The drivers and the italian guide (we asked for a guide for Kalabsha and Philae) were very professionals and the guide was prepared and spoke a very good Italian. I would like to thank Waleed for the consideration he had for us in a difficult situation (the 14th of August was the Rabaa Day, the anniversary of a massacre that took place one year ago in Cairo, so there were many demonstrations in the whole Egypt and in Aswan too). In that particular circumstance he has been a reference point for us. So thanks and recommended!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

our group of 3 used the transfer service from luxor to aswan with stops at kom ombo and edfu along the way. our driver hany was great. petra remained in constant contact with us to make sure everything was okay. waleed met us at our drop off point in aswan and was very friendly. great company with good prices. definitely would recommend.

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We arranged the "South" part of our Egyptian trip with Petra and Waleed and we were not disappointed at all, quite the contrary. You do all the preparation and planning with Petra, based in Germany, but don't worry, all his tips and advice makes you feel at home right away. Then, once you get to Aswan, Waleed takes over and all you have to do is relax and enjoy. He found us French speaking guides that were fantastic, we had a nice and competent driver. We even were extremely please to see he encourages women guides (Elephantine Island) which was great. What I found the most interesting about their service is that you book what you want on your own and you decide what you need from them. I also like the fact that I paid my own entries since we could use our kid's student card and save 50%. All other tour operators charge a fix price for entries, so you end up paying too much. It's not a huge difference, but it's appreciated. I would recommend without hesitation their service.

Date of experience: July 2014