“Abu- Simbel - a site to behold”

Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Aswan
More attraction details
Owner description: AswanIndividual is based on the idea from a tourist who designed the website for independent travelers like her to recommend honest and professional locals that she has met during many stays in Upper Egypt. To give it a legal ground, Waleed (full name: Mohamed Ahmed Ali Ahmed), licensed travel agent in Aswan, is the owner of Aswan Individual to organize the network and who is responsible for the tours being offered from Aswan Individual.
Reviewed October 22, 2014

I decided to make my own booking via the internet months before our trip and following Petra's instructions sent thru copies of passports etc so permits were arranged in good time. When we arrived at the Moevenpick Hotel the receptionist kept misdialling Aswan's Individuals phone number unwittingly and then decided to send an email thru so as to confirm our trip to Abu Simbel the following day. Within minutes Waleed had phoned the hotel confirming everything. We booked the 11am convoy and although it was August, found that with the A/C vehicle, there was no problem going at this time. We ordered 2 lunchboxes from the hotel, which was far too much food. There was a cafe open at Abu Simbel for welcome cold drinks, but the ladies room was locked, so I used the mens room. We were delighted with the car which was very comfortable (so important) and our driver. We felt very safe and well looked after. Absolutely no hesitation in recommending this company. Waleed kept in touch during our journey by phone to check if there was anything further we required. Top marks.

All reviews
"hassle free"
"last moment"
"his knowledge"

Reviewed September 18, 2014

While our initial impressions were excellent, we left the trip slightly dissapointed not 100% sure the premium price equated to premium service.

Before arriving, Aswan Individual (especially petra) were very efficient and helpful in organising our trip and answering any questions. Waleed took over in Aswan and although continued to be helpful, we felt the hospitality was a bit superficial.

We booked a 3 day/3 night felucca and a organised taxi to edfu and luxor. The felucca experience was incredible and we had a lovely crew on board but we were slightly dissapointed with the food offered (a lack of protein-meat and fish etc). it was quite clear the crew on board were limited in their capacity to provide good food. We also were not allowed past daraw on the felucca so we weren't able to do the entire trip as advertised e.g. go to silsila temple. Finally we didn't feel 100% safe in the taxi that took us to luxor and it was near impossible to communicate with the driver where our hostel in luxor was because he spoke no english. We expected this information to have already been passed on by Waleed. I was in regularly contact with Waleed in the car and I expressed my concern of dangerous driving and I went on to say if he could keep this confidential to not put us in an awkward position. On passing the phone back to the driver, waleed proceeds to quiz him about his speed and we could sense the drivers anger.

After raising these concerns with Waleed, I have since received an apologetic email from Petra.

I should also add we did a full day trip in Cairo organised by Aswan Individual and it was a very enjoyable day with an excellent guide. Who knows whether we got this better service after complaining....

Our overall impression was that while Aswan Individual provide a good service, it is done at quite a premium. We were regularly offered prices at a significant discount and we came away unsure whether it was worth the extra we paid.

4  Thank ELKElliston
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Aswan is a must, must, must visit.. We travelled by train from Cairo, stayed in a basic B&B & travelled by taxi to Abu simbel.. Magnificent & has to be seen to be believed.. We stayed in Aswan for 4 days & enjoyed the markets & the eating out experience. I did all this backpacking with a friend.. I'm married now & plan to take hubby there one day..

Reviewed September 1, 2014

We spent some days in Aswan and we have done some tours with Aswan Individual. I preferred to organize this part of our trip before arriving to Egypt so I contacted Aswan Individual with many requests. I received an answer very soon and very precise from Petra with a pdf file with the costs and the details for every tour. I asked them to find me a car to go to Safaga (very far from Aswan) and they provided also it. The drivers and the italian guide (we asked for a guide for Kalabsha and Philae) were very professionals and the guide was prepared and spoke a very good Italian. I would like to thank Waleed for the consideration he had for us in a difficult situation (the 14th of August was the Rabaa Day, the anniversary of a massacre that took place one year ago in Cairo, so there were many demonstrations in the whole Egypt and in Aswan too). In that particular circumstance he has been a reference point for us. So thanks and recommended!