Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Review Highlights
Excellent tour company.

Our experience with the Aswan Individual team from the moment I contacted them to the end of our... read more

Reviewed yesterday
rajbira
Delhi
Beyond EXCELLENT!!!

Rachel is outstanding!!! On the professional side she is very 'professional'. I informed her of... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Traveler301957

Recommended experiences in and around Aswan
from $51.29
from $360.00
from $125.00
from $320.00
More Info
All reviews abu simbel day trip kom ombo and edfu felucca ride aswan airport private car nile cruise highlight of our trip visit abu west bank tour tour operator great company other companies went smoothly egypt trip arranged everything full day tour
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been 3 days with aswan individual visiting aswan, luxor and having a one way cruise aswan-luxor. Their services have been not expansive and professional, the ship they booked good. And...they halped me to save a lot of money because they sent a person from luxor to aswan to deliver to me some "dolce e gabbana" trousers and a "louis vuitton" belt that I had left in my hotel. I really advice aswan individual!

Date of experience: March 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I seldom write reviews, but wanted to highlight this excellent service that we found on Trip Advisor. We have travelled independently in Egypt, but used 'Aswan Individual' to book our Nile
cruise - a very attentive, professional and warm service from Waleed, who found us a truly fantastic boat for our relaxing cruise from Aswan to Luxor. I would have no hesitation in recommending Aswan Individual!

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We recently returned from our first trip to Egypt. What a wonderful experience. We flew to Luxor, spent some time there visiting the unforgettable sites on both East and West Bank, then went on a 4-day dahabiya cruise to Aswan, spent a night at Abu Simbel and returned to Luxor by train from Aswan. What can I say, a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

We are independent travellers, so I booked all the hotels up-front which was very easy with the help of TripAdvisor. Not having been to Egypt before and having heard that it’s a not altogether easy country to travel in, we took the precaution of contacting Aswan Individual, a business recommended by other travellers on TA who helped us a lot, first in planning and then in organising our various excursions. Their website is incredibly detailed and gives all sorts of useful information that makes planning a holiday a pleasure. And if that is not enough, super-efficient Petra is on hand to answer any queries you may have – and I had plenty!

Apart from providing a transfer from airport to hotel, organising our train tickets from Aswan to Luxor and being responsible for a most delightful felucca trip on the Nile, the most important service they provided for us was to organise our excursion from Aswan to Abu Simbel, the subject of this review. We kind of knew that Abu Simbel would be the highlight of our trip and so it was. As the journey is quite long (about 3 ½ hrs each way) we were glad that we had opted for an air-conditioned car and driver to take us to Abu Simbel and back. To stand in front of the two temples at Abu Simbel at sunrise, one dedicated to Ramesses II and one to his wife Nefertari, and to watch how the sun made the temples glow from faint yellow to glorious gold, is a spectacle I wouldn’t have missed for the world. We spent about 1½ hrs in the two temples – can’t quite remember, time seemed to stand still – but at the end we were happy but tired and glad our driver was waiting for us by the exit to take us back. For those of you who don’t know, the only way to travel to Abu Simbel by road is to join one of the convoys that leave Aswan and Abu Simbel at pre-destined times ie from Aswan at either 4am or 11am and from Abu Simbel at either 9am or 4pm. I can’t quite remember how much we paid for car and driver but whilst it was not as cheap as going on the bus (not sure this is even an option for foreigners) it was less expensive than a couple of other providers I had made enquiries from.

So, we can heartily recommend Aswan Individual. They provide a really good service what with Waleed on the ground in Aswan with all his contacts, his iPad as his main office, and Petra providing the all-important admin and liaison with customers especially before the trip but also as a troubleshooter if something doesn’t quite go according to plan. They are still a fairly young business wishing to expand and eager to please, let's hope they continue to stay like that.

Date of experience: March 2013
1  Thank RenateGisela
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I can't say enough about how wonderful our falouka trip down the First Cataract with Seru the sailor was. It was a magical experience from start to finish!

Date of experience: February 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Prior to the trip Petra was a great resource. She provided extra suggestions, detailed info, and always responded so quickly. This really set her apart from the other travel agency companies I contacted. During the trip, Walid was very attentive and concerned for my welfare as I was a young female traveling alone. He was honest, charged fair prices (unlike some travel agencies that just take advantage of you), and was very flexible when I wanted to make a few changes to my intinerary. The guide and driver were wonderful. They were friendly, not pushy (as some of my other guides were), more knowledgable than some of my other guides had been, and took great care of me. It can be hard traveling by yourself, but they took care of me and were completely professional and honest. If I go back to Egypt, I won't contact anyone else.

About the security - I was there the second half of Feb 2013 - and never saw anything unusual. Things were calm, tranquil, business as usual, and no demonstrations or anything else indicating unrest. It's a shame that the media expoits isolated problems (Port Said, or a single square in Cario which is a city of 15 million people) and that's all people see. Even with a new government and the politics, the country itself to me was very safe.

Date of experience: February 2013