“Well organised, wonderful activities.”

Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Aswan
More attraction details
Owner description: AswanIndividual is based on the idea from a tourist who designed the website for independent travelers like her to recommend honest and professional locals that she has met during many stays in Upper Egypt. To give it a legal ground, Waleed (full name: Mohamed Ahmed Ali Ahmed), licensed travel agent in Aswan, is the owner of Aswan Individual to organize the network and who is responsible for the tours being offered from Aswan Individual.
Cairo, Egypt
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Well organised, wonderful activities.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a very nice time in Aswan. Waleed met us at the airport on time and took us safely to the hotel.
They arranged a good, safe overnight trip to Abu Simbel. It was wonderful to be there at sunrise.
We had a nice time at Philae and I liked our guide, Islam. He was energetic and pleasant, and he made a couple of well chosen comments about carvings. His ability to interpret some of the hieroglyphics was also interesting and helpful.
In fact, I wish we had taken more time for Philae, although this was entirely my decision. We were all tired after the drive from Abu Simbel, so most of us needed to go through at a brisk pace, on the other hand it would have been great as a longer trip.
Aswan individual also arranged a birdwatching expedition for us with Mr. Arabi. Although expensive and payable in US dollars, the trip was delightful. The setting was beautiful and truly restorative, and we saw many birds. Mr Arabi took us to Kitcheners island, his own farm, and some sites inland, so we were able to see a range of habitats and birds. He was flexible and spontaneous.
Our minivan trip to Luxor, provided through Aswan Individual, was smooth.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Susan E

• Arabic first
napoli
“absolutely professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been 3 days with aswan individual visiting aswan, luxor and having a one way cruise aswan-luxor. Their services have been not expansive and professional, the ship they booked good. And...they halped me to save a lot of money because they sent a person from luxor to aswan to deliver to me some "dolce e gabbana" trousers and a "louis vuitton" belt that I had left in my hotel. I really advice aswan individual!

Visited March 2013
Bath, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nile cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I seldom write reviews, but wanted to highlight this excellent service that we found on Trip Advisor. We have travelled independently in Egypt, but used 'Aswan Individual' to book our Nile
cruise - a very attentive, professional and warm service from Waleed, who found us a truly fantastic boat for our relaxing cruise from Aswan to Luxor. I would have no hesitation in recommending Aswan Individual!

Visited April 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great resource and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We recently returned from our first trip to Egypt. What a wonderful experience. We flew to Luxor, spent some time there visiting the unforgettable sites on both East and West Bank, then went on a 4-day dahabiya cruise to Aswan, spent a night at Abu Simbel and returned to Luxor by train from Aswan. What can I say, a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

We are independent travellers, so I booked all the hotels up-front which was very easy with the help of TripAdvisor. Not having been to Egypt before and having heard that it’s a not altogether easy country to travel in, we took the precaution of contacting Aswan Individual, a business recommended by other travellers on TA who helped us a lot, first in planning and then in organising our various excursions. Their website is incredibly detailed and gives all sorts of useful information that makes planning a holiday a pleasure. And if that is not enough, super-efficient Petra is on hand to answer any queries you may have – and I had plenty!

Apart from providing a transfer from airport to hotel, organising our train tickets from Aswan to Luxor and being responsible for a most delightful felucca trip on the Nile, the most important service they provided for us was to organise our excursion from Aswan to Abu Simbel, the subject of this review. We kind of knew that Abu Simbel would be the highlight of our trip and so it was. As the journey is quite long (about 3 ½ hrs each way) we were glad that we had opted for an air-conditioned car and driver to take us to Abu Simbel and back. To stand in front of the two temples at Abu Simbel at sunrise, one dedicated to Ramesses II and one to his wife Nefertari, and to watch how the sun made the temples glow from faint yellow to glorious gold, is a spectacle I wouldn’t have missed for the world. We spent about 1½ hrs in the two temples – can’t quite remember, time seemed to stand still – but at the end we were happy but tired and glad our driver was waiting for us by the exit to take us back. For those of you who don’t know, the only way to travel to Abu Simbel by road is to join one of the convoys that leave Aswan and Abu Simbel at pre-destined times ie from Aswan at either 4am or 11am and from Abu Simbel at either 9am or 4pm. I can’t quite remember how much we paid for car and driver but whilst it was not as cheap as going on the bus (not sure this is even an option for foreigners) it was less expensive than a couple of other providers I had made enquiries from.

So, we can heartily recommend Aswan Individual. They provide a really good service what with Waleed on the ground in Aswan with all his contacts, his iPad as his main office, and Petra providing the all-important admin and liaison with customers especially before the trip but also as a troubleshooter if something doesn’t quite go according to plan. They are still a fairly young business wishing to expand and eager to please, let's hope they continue to stay like that.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RenateGisela
Elmira, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“The most beautiful falouka trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I can't say enough about how wonderful our falouka trip down the First Cataract with Seru the sailor was. It was a magical experience from start to finish!

Visited February 2013