“Highly Recommended - Visit Aswan”

Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Aswan
More attraction details
Owner description: AswanIndividual is based on the idea from a tourist who designed the website for independent travelers like her to recommend honest and professional locals that she has met during many stays in Upper Egypt. To give it a legal ground, Waleed (full name: Mohamed Ahmed Ali Ahmed), licensed travel agent in Aswan, is the owner of Aswan Individual to organize the network and who is responsible for the tours being offered from Aswan Individual.
Cairo, Egypt
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended - Visit Aswan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently organised a 3 day trip to Aswan with the help of Aswan Individual. Petra from the initial e-mail contact was incredibly helpful, full of useful ideas, and everything was clearly laid out upfront. And throughout the trip everything on the ground ran very smoothly and Waleed and his people genuinely wanted to help at every opportunity. When small problems arise (and they do - Egypt is still a 3rd world country) Waleed and his team do everything they can to help.

I have read a lot of the comments from other travellers and in your consideration of a) visiting Egypt and Aswan, and b) using Aswan Individual, I ask you to consider the following points:

1. Egypt, and especially Aswan, is a very safe place to visit. I live here with my wife and young children and provided you avoid the obvious "hot spots" as shown on CNN, then you will have a great holiday in Egypt (and especially Upper Egypt - Aswan & Luxor).

2. By travelling to Egypt you are truly helping the real people of Egypt, that desperately need your help. People in places like Aswan want to work, and by using companies like Aswan Individual (that provide a "fair product for a fair price"), this is the best help you can genuinely give. Yes you can probably find cheaper prices elsewhere at the moment, but this isn't necessary and every LE you pay truly helps. Behind the scenes each person you meet through Aswan Individual wil have a lot of other local people to financially support - this extended family system of support is the backbone of Egypt.

So if you can visit Egypt and Aswan, then I highly recommend it to you. The history is truly remarkable, especially the ancient temples etc. The people used by Aswan Individual are truly local people that want to help you, and by using them you are also genuinely helping them. And every LE you spend will ultimately be spent by these local people on the basics of life that most Westerns simply take for granted.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank CMH1966

• Arabic first
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Forget The Rest This Is The Best 5 STAR SERVICE In ASWAN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

After reading all the comments on Trip Advisor I. Can say all are true regarding the services of Waleed. We arrived in Aswan without any trips booked, we then contacted Waleed who we met at our hotel, he then devised a program of events, Local trips, Abu Simbel,and a Nile cruise. He has the best guides and drivers who look after you and the transport is first class, all we can say is his services are FIRST CLASS.

Visited February 2013
Puerto Ayora, Ecuador
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Since the first contact with Petra you are in good hands. We truly truly enjoy our felucca day in the Nile, for both of us it was great, no hurry, no people bothering you it was just amazing. Then our day tour to Obelisk, Philae, etc, was so nice as well, the people I think they see you with a guide and they do not bother you as well. So if you go to Egypt and want to be relax, not bother by the people trying to get the most amount of money from you, then chose Aswas Individual for your trip.
thanks for those two amazing days.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank galapaguito01
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Waleed, Petra & Aswan Individual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Waleed and Petra arranged our boat trip for two nights from Luxor to Aswan. I had to transfer money to Waleed from the UK so that Waleed could secure the boat. I was very nervous transferring money to someone I hadn't met but the transaction went fine and Waleed had someone collect us from our hotel and deliver us to the boat. When I was making the bank transfer I couldn't find any reviews on transferring money to Aswan Individual, so I wanted to let anyone else know that it worked fine for me.

Petra was very helpful on email before our trip.
She let us know exactly what to expect on the boat trip and gave advice on other activities.

The trip went very well, Waleed was very honest, kind and friendly. He met us on the boat when we left and paid for our taxi fare back to our hotel. I would reccomend Waleed & Petra from Aswan Individual to anyone going to Aswan.

Egypt is unlike what you see on the news and read in the paper (especially Aswan). It is very relaxed, friendly & trouble free - but a great travelling experience.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jenrene3
Copenhagen, Denmark
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Excellent guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Visited Aswan on a one day trip from Luxor. We had a great trip with Waleeds company to High Dam, Kalabsha, Philae and Unfinished Obelisk. We had a very well educated guide who really made it worth the while, even trying to teach us hieroglyfs.....

Visited January 2013