Tripadvisor
Search
Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Review Highlights
Excellent tour company.

Our experience with the Aswan Individual team from the moment I contacted them to the end of our... read more

Reviewed yesterday
rajbira
Delhi
Beyond EXCELLENT!!!

Rachel is outstanding!!! On the professional side she is very 'professional'. I informed her of... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Traveler301957

Recommended experiences in and around Aswan
from $51.29
from $360.00
from $125.00
from $320.00
More Info
All reviews abu simbel day trip kom ombo and edfu felucca ride aswan airport private car nile cruise highlight of our trip visit abu west bank tour tour operator great company other companies went smoothly egypt trip arranged everything full day tour
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I contacted Aswan Individual back in August to try and arrange a trip to Abu Simbel. Petra kindly advised that if I was flying - there was very little they could do for me. As she could provide a guide with a car, but he would come from Aswan and once arrived at Abu Simbel - give a brief history and tour guides are not a loud inside the temples. so she gave me all the info I needed from the Abu Simbel Airport and about the free bus to and from the temples. She arranged a transfer from Aswan to the Aswan Airport - Waleed. A very lovely chap, very punctual and when I tried to give him extra he refused. He said if I want to tip the driver, up to us. Which we did. Very clean & comfortable car. I wish I had know about his services before, as some of our other transfers we were let down. Well done to Petra and Waleed, highly recommended. Thanks to them - they made our day trip to Abu Simbel a very lovely experience.

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Having read the very complimentary reviews on TA for this organisation, and having found the Aswan Individual website to be extremely helpful in planning all elements of our trip, I contacted Petra with a summary of what we wanted to do. She replied immediately, confirming everything we wanted could be arranged, and also making one or two suggestions as to how my proposals could be improved. Some more thinking on my part, and one more email to confirm [no money exchanged at all], and that was it: the planning was as simple as that, and the excellent start was followed by a similarly professional service at every point.
Having made the original arrangements with Petra, Waleed contacted us just before arrival to confirm arrangements. Though our flight was delayed, he was there to meet us, and he continued throughout our stay to keep in close contact by phone, turning up to introduce us to guides and drivers, being flexible about amendments to plans, offering support when I lost my phone and camera, and checking each day that we were happy with the trips organised... and they were fabulous!
The guides / Egyptologists were excellent, particularly Mohammed in Luxor, who gave us a real insight into the science of Egyptology, as well as its relevance to modern living. The long drive to Abydos passed swiftly in fascinating discussion of life in Egypt: living conditions, the current political situation, clear & concise historical contexts and much more. Of course, their knowledge of the sites visited was exemplary, but they offered so many more insights as well.
The felucca trip with Sero was just fabulous: an absolute "must do". We started under sail and drifted silently upstream; watching the amazing variety of birdlife as well as human activity on the banks was just magical. Unfortunately, there was virtually no wind, so Sero transferred us to a motorised felucca half way: not so atmospheric, but we saw much more as a result. He also took us round his village on Elephantine Island, to tea with his family and then for an excellent lunch prepared by his wife. Absolutely wonderful, in every way!
Waleed organised our transfer between Aswan & Luxor by private taxi, taking in Komombo & Edfu en route, which is an excellent & economic way of making the trip: we were so glad we dropped our original idea of taking a cruise ship.
Aswan Individual prices are competitive: you can probably do it slightly more cheaply, but I doubt you'd get the peace of mind, the comfort [taxis hailed on the street, in our experience, thought air conditioning meant winding down the windows!!], the excellent guides, and the reassuring presence of Waleed always ready to help.
In summary, our experience of Aswan Individual was good in every way, and far exceeded our expectations. I'd have no hesitation in recommending them!

1  Thank Jackie E
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Definitely the best address if you want a well organized and personal tour of Egypt: flawless organization, personal care, unusual off the beaten track recommendations, and the best guides in Egypt, who will NOT take you to the papyrus and perfume shops (unless you ask). I especially recommend Eslam, who brought Egyptian hieroglyphics to life for me. His passion and knowledge were infectious.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Waleed is fantastically helpful and endlessly pleasant. He called regularly to see how we were doing and everything he organised was punctual and seemingly effortless. He always had a smile and a joke. The guides he organised (Said in Aswan and Mohammed in Luxor) we're so knowledgable and big personalities that never tired in enthusiasm. He was flexible about start times and combinations of visits. Our transport was always safe, clean and willing to make a detour or two if we needed cash points etc. Couldn't recommend any one more highly than Waleed and his crew if you are looking for a guided tour of Egypt. Thanks Waleed!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Waleed arranged several trips for us -- Abu Simbel and a cruise down the Nile. He is a very genuine and helpful chap, very reasonable prices and nothing is a problem for him. Easy to communicate with and always kept us in the loop, even showing up to introduce us to the felluca captain before we set of on the Nile. Any issues and he gets on the phone and gets things sorted asap which is really nice to see. Great service!

Date of experience: November 2011