Tripadvisor
Search
Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Review Highlights
Excellent tour company.

Our experience with the Aswan Individual team from the moment I contacted them to the end of our... read more

Reviewed yesterday
rajbira
Delhi
Beyond EXCELLENT!!!

Rachel is outstanding!!! On the professional side she is very 'professional'. I informed her of... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Traveler301957

Recommended experiences in and around Aswan
from $51.29
from $360.00
from $125.00
from $320.00
More Info
All reviews abu simbel day trip kom ombo and edfu felucca ride aswan airport private car nile cruise highlight of our trip visit abu west bank tour tour operator great company other companies went smoothly egypt trip arranged everything full day tour
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Organising our trip with Aswan Individual was probably the best choice I made for our trip to Egypt.

Waleed met us at the airport and was warm and professional from the beginning. He had the plans that you and I discussed in order to ensure that everything went smoothly. Due to the limitations of how much we can take out of the ATM within a certain time frame we paid him in two instalments, he was very understanding of this fact. He also spoke to the hotel staff before we arrived in both Aswan and Luxor and helped to ensure which was a huge help to with check-in.

On the first day we meet Ehab and after our tour at Philae Temple - Waleed checked to make sure that we were pleased with our guide and whether we wanted to continue with him. We were more than happy with Ehab and opted to use him as a guide at Abu Simbel and the remainder of the trip. I can now proudly say that I can read enough hieroglyphics to distinguish Hathor and Isis  as well as a few other common phrases that were located in several temples. My husband who does not usually enjoy guides has nothing but great things to say about Ehab - he was a really good choice, we are grateful to Waleed for finding him. I would recommend Ehab for future guests, especially if they want a guide with a good sense of humour - who will look out for you.

We had several different drivers, all of which we found to be nice and the minivans were an excellent choice as it allowed us to stretch out. Given that to reach a few of the temples required a lot of driving the extra space was much appreciated. Also, our driver to/from Abu Simbel got us back to Aswan around 12:30pm - which must be some kind of record!

The felucca ride was excellent and the fresh caught and cooked fish was amazingly tasty. We ended up taking a longer ride then originally planned as we enjoyed it so much. We also stopped by the Nubian Coffee House for some great coffee (I've been trying to recreate it at home) and tea. The talk at the coffee house was of course all about the election that had taken place only a few days before - it was a highlight of our trip taking to the men while the sunset. The following night we went to Captain Sero’s house for dinner, he showed us the ruins on the island and then gave us time to explore Elephantine Island before visiting his house for dinner. My husband and friend both say that this was by far their favourite meal of the whole trip!

Thanks so much to Petra for suggesting Abydos and Dendera they were both extensive and very impressive. The colours of and preservation at Abydos was unlike any other place we’ve visited and with Dendera, I felt there were so many layers of the site. We visited a lot of temples and my worry was that we would get jaded after a well, but as my friend Sam said ‘We’ve seen quite a few temples. Is it just me or do they keep getting better?’ And the answer was yes! They did.

We all found Aswan to be the most relaxing part of our trip, it was nice to walk down the street, say hello to people and just enjoy the sites. Everything was organised perfectly and it was a relaxation that after coming from Cairo we did not take for granted.

I would completely recommend Aswan Individual to anyone visiting Upper Egypt. The prices might be slightly more than some other places. But with Aswan Individual I feel that we received a personal touch that I found refreshing. Also, I spoke to the guide and drivers about how they enjoyed working with Waleed and they said that he was fair, professional and a good guy. Which are things that I find important when working with people.

Thank you all especially Petra for communicating with me for months in advance and giving me great advice about our plans. And for Waleed for taking such great care of us while we were there.

1  Thank QHuff
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have just come back from our trip and I would like to say a very special thank you to all of you at Aswan Individual, Mr Whaleed, Mr. kana, Petra, and especially Captain Sero and his nephews. We organise sacred journeys to Egypt and friendliness, helpfulness and efficiency is key to our guests' experience of which you have all. Thank you for your warm welcome and for a great time on the Elephantine Island!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have used Aswan individual to organise our trip from Aswan to Abu Simbel, on June 12th.
I had contacted Petra , in advance , who really helped me with all my questions, and who kindly organise our trip with Walid. We were extremely pleased with our choice as Aswan Individual looks after local people, and that for us it is really important. They are not a tour operator , teherefore money stays with the local people.

We have nothing but praises for Walid, a really kind and professional man , who came two days before our trip to meet us at the Ferry side of our hotel ( Movenpick Aswan) to collect the copies of our passports.When we mentioned to him , that we would like to go to the train station ,without hesitating ,offer us a lift on his own car!. He took us to the station and show us the best pattiserie in Aswan,. i would like to point out, that he didn't have to do that , he did not receive a penny nor wanted anything for it.

Our trip to Abu Simbel , was great. Walid came at 3 o'clock in the morning to introduce us to our driver for the day!.Our driver was a nice and proffesional young man, with whom we felt safe at all times. The car was spotless, air conditioned and his driving as good as it gets.We were travelling on a convoy , and i can honestly say that we were lucky to have him driving us as some of the bus/minibus drivers's driving standards were scary!!!
He was from Aswan, and he took us safely back to the ferry terminal of our hotel.

I can't recomend Aswan individual enough.
Egypt is safe and beautiful, and people should not be scared of travelling there.People need tourists, as many people's livelihood depends on tourism.

I have recomended Aswan individual to all my friends, and as soon as i go back to Egypt , I will be using them again.

2  Thank ninina
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I found Aswan individual by chance On the Internet and engaged them to organize a cruise from Luxor and tours around tours around Aswan when I arrived

In particular I found the fulcca trip aourd the river and the trip to Abu simbu excellent and a must do . I opted for a private driver and car to Abu simbu as this was the most comfortable and safe way to take the trip ....... It's quite a long way .

I would like to thank both Petra and Walled heaps for making this part of my holiday a breeze not only did they organize everything as I requested, they also had excellent communication, and followed up to see how I was doing.

I would not hesitate infusing them again if I return to Egypt

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I visited in March 2012 and I did a ton of planning for this trip. I read the reviews on Aswan Individual, and decided to go with them. The "company" is more of a middle man. They do not have their own fleet of vehicles or guides and drivers as employees. What Aswan Individual does is contract your itinerary stops out to the free lance people in the area. They use a pool to get a resource (driver, guide, boat). So if something goes wrong, your complaint will fall on deaf ears.

The prices at Aswan Individual are about 25% higher. I'm willing to bet you a bowl of Koshary and a basalt scarab beetle, that you can find a travel company that can beat any price quoted by Aswan Individual AND you would get a better level of service. In retrospect, I would have canceled my plans with them and booked my Aswan itinerary with the company I used in Luxor. I recently had that contact quote me prices, all of which were drastically lower.

For the most part, everything was OK, nothing was stellar either, just very average. In a nut shell, would I use Aswan Indivial again? No, I wouldn't.

The main reason is the rhetoric that Waleed tried to feed me about the convoy to Abu Simble. I booked a private car and the driver was unsafe. I don't think it is a good idea to be 2 to 3 meters off the bumper of the vehicle in front of you going 115 kph. Waleed tried to explain that is how convoys work. If that was the case, then why weren't the other vehicles driving bumper to bumper at 115 kph? My car was supposed to be for me only. There was a "policeman" that rode back with us. He should have paid for half the trip. My safety was not a concern of the driver.

I thought the guide I had was a bit boring. It seemed like it was a chore for him to be my guide. I would hear other groups laughing and having fun, and their guide was telling jokes, was enthusiastic, lively, fun. Mine wasn't. Maybe I was the boring one, who knows?

If the guide doesn't want to hike up to the unfinished obelisk with some enthusiasm for the 10,000th time, then they are in the wrong line of work. The guide gave me the standard, "I'll tell you about this, then you go off on your own." I would have missed the second unfinished obelisk if it weren't for the guard looking to make a buck or two.

I know there is a gasoline shortage in Egypt, but if you are a driver driving tourists, you find a way to have gas available for your car. The vehicles in Cairo and Luxor were always full. The last day the driver was running on empty. I wouldn't have been happy if we ran out of gas at the dock to go to Kalabsha temple and I missed seeing the Tomb of the Nobles.

There was some follow up by Petra after my trip, which is a plus, and the e-mail communication was consistent, but a bit annoying at times. It at times a cut and paste from the web site. I think Aswan Individual is resting on their laurels and is not trying to raise the bar higher for themselves to be the best. There are other companies you can use.

7  Thank Zebra_45678