“Only the best!!”

Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Aswan
More attraction details
Owner description: AswanIndividual is based on the idea from a tourist who designed the website for independent travelers like her to recommend honest and professional locals that she has met during many stays in Upper Egypt. To give it a legal ground, Waleed (full name: Mohamed Ahmed Ali Ahmed), licensed travel agent in Aswan, is the owner of Aswan Individual to organize the network and who is responsible for the tours being offered from Aswan Individual.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We visited Aswan in December 2011 as part of a 5 week stay in Egypt. When booking all the accommodation and mini tours we did throughout Egypt I found Aswan Individual on TA. From the moment I read about this great project and the adventures of others at Elephantine Island I knew we had to do this. So I contacted Petra Dressler and after various emails everything was booked for what we wanted to do, while in Aswan. We were given Waleed's number and when we arrived in Aswan he came to our hotel, to go over everything we had booked, and to make sure all was in order, which super impressed us from the start.
Our whole time in beautiful Aswan was made magical by the friendliness and efficiency of Waleed, Captain Sero the drivers to Abu Simbel and to Luxor.
We went to the west bank by motorboat, went up to see the tombs of the nobles and then trekked by camel to the Monastery of St Simeon ( 4kms parallel to the Nile) but in the desert, Once we got back to the river's edge ( passing the Mausoleum of Aga Khan) where we farewelled our friendly cameleers, Captain Sero picked us up by his motorboat and took us first to Kitchener's Island to see the beautiful botanical gardens there and then around Elephantine Island, where we stopped for a tour of the island and to have a wonderful lunch his wife had prepared for us.We enjoyed our first day with Captain Sero so much that we booked another day with him again. This time the wind was up so we sailed in his felucca up river to the first cataract, and the Old Dam where Captain Sero took us up over and around to look at the old lock. On the way back to Elephantine Island for another wonderful lunch, he took us to a Nubian house where we actually were able to cuddle a Nile crocodile, totally AWESOME!!!... a day that remains a wonderful highlight of magnificent Egypt. Thankyou Captain Sero!!!
Aswan Individual also helped us with transport via minibus to Abu Simbel and return ( we stayed at the Nubian Eco Lodge, (highly recommended), and then by car back to Luxor. I cannot recommend their services enough, to anyone contemplating a visit to this beautiful region of Egypt. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Debbie C
"hassle free"
"last moment"
"his knowledge"

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Organising our trip with Aswan Individual was probably the best choice I made for our trip to Egypt.

Waleed met us at the airport and was warm and professional from the beginning. He had the plans that you and I discussed in order to ensure that everything went smoothly. Due to the limitations of how much we can take out of the ATM within a certain time frame we paid him in two instalments, he was very understanding of this fact. He also spoke to the hotel staff before we arrived in both Aswan and Luxor and helped to ensure which was a huge help to with check-in.

On the first day we meet Ehab and after our tour at Philae Temple - Waleed checked to make sure that we were pleased with our guide and whether we wanted to continue with him. We were more than happy with Ehab and opted to use him as a guide at Abu Simbel and the remainder of the trip. I can now proudly say that I can read enough hieroglyphics to distinguish Hathor and Isis  as well as a few other common phrases that were located in several temples. My husband who does not usually enjoy guides has nothing but great things to say about Ehab - he was a really good choice, we are grateful to Waleed for finding him. I would recommend Ehab for future guests, especially if they want a guide with a good sense of humour - who will look out for you.

We had several different drivers, all of which we found to be nice and the minivans were an excellent choice as it allowed us to stretch out. Given that to reach a few of the temples required a lot of driving the extra space was much appreciated. Also, our driver to/from Abu Simbel got us back to Aswan around 12:30pm - which must be some kind of record!

The felucca ride was excellent and the fresh caught and cooked fish was amazingly tasty. We ended up taking a longer ride then originally planned as we enjoyed it so much. We also stopped by the Nubian Coffee House for some great coffee (I've been trying to recreate it at home) and tea. The talk at the coffee house was of course all about the election that had taken place only a few days before - it was a highlight of our trip taking to the men while the sunset. The following night we went to Captain Sero’s house for dinner, he showed us the ruins on the island and then gave us time to explore Elephantine Island before visiting his house for dinner. My husband and friend both say that this was by far their favourite meal of the whole trip!

Thanks so much to Petra for suggesting Abydos and Dendera they were both extensive and very impressive. The colours of and preservation at Abydos was unlike any other place we’ve visited and with Dendera, I felt there were so many layers of the site. We visited a lot of temples and my worry was that we would get jaded after a well, but as my friend Sam said ‘We’ve seen quite a few temples. Is it just me or do they keep getting better?’ And the answer was yes! They did.

We all found Aswan to be the most relaxing part of our trip, it was nice to walk down the street, say hello to people and just enjoy the sites. Everything was organised perfectly and it was a relaxation that after coming from Cairo we did not take for granted.

I would completely recommend Aswan Individual to anyone visiting Upper Egypt. The prices might be slightly more than some other places. But with Aswan Individual I feel that we received a personal touch that I found refreshing. Also, I spoke to the guide and drivers about how they enjoyed working with Waleed and they said that he was fair, professional and a good guy. Which are things that I find important when working with people.

Thank you all especially Petra for communicating with me for months in advance and giving me great advice about our plans. And for Waleed for taking such great care of us while we were there.

1  Thank QHuff
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have just come back from our trip and I would like to say a very special thank you to all of you at Aswan Individual, Mr Whaleed, Mr. kana, Petra, and especially Captain Sero and his nephews. We organise sacred journeys to Egypt and friendliness, helpfulness and efficiency is key to our guests' experience of which you have all. Thank you for your warm welcome and for a great time on the Elephantine Island!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have used Aswan individual to organise our trip from Aswan to Abu Simbel, on June 12th.
I had contacted Petra , in advance , who really helped me with all my questions, and who kindly organise our trip with Walid. We were extremely pleased with our choice as Aswan Individual looks after local people, and that for us it is really important. They are not a tour operator , teherefore money stays with the local people.

We have nothing but praises for Walid, a really kind and professional man , who came two days before our trip to meet us at the Ferry side of our hotel ( Movenpick Aswan) to collect the copies of our passports.When we mentioned to him , that we would like to go to the train station ,without hesitating ,offer us a lift on his own car!. He took us to the station and show us the best pattiserie in Aswan,. i would like to point out, that he didn't have to do that , he did not receive a penny nor wanted anything for it.

Our trip to Abu Simbel , was great. Walid came at 3 o'clock in the morning to introduce us to our driver for the day!.Our driver was a nice and proffesional young man, with whom we felt safe at all times. The car was spotless, air conditioned and his driving as good as it gets.We were travelling on a convoy , and i can honestly say that we were lucky to have him driving us as some of the bus/minibus drivers's driving standards were scary!!!
He was from Aswan, and he took us safely back to the ferry terminal of our hotel.

I can't recomend Aswan individual enough.
Egypt is safe and beautiful, and people should not be scared of travelling there.People need tourists, as many people's livelihood depends on tourism.

I have recomended Aswan individual to all my friends, and as soon as i go back to Egypt , I will be using them again.

2  Thank ninina