“They say you should never give 10/10 - but on this occasion...”

Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Aswan
More attraction details
Owner description: AswanIndividual is based on the idea from a tourist who designed the website for independent travelers like her to recommend honest and professional locals that she has met during many stays in Upper Egypt. To give it a legal ground, Waleed (full name: Mohamed Ahmed Ali Ahmed), licensed travel agent in Aswan, is the owner of Aswan Individual to organize the network and who is responsible for the tours being offered from Aswan Individual.
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We've lived in Egypt for 7 years and absolutely love the place but it's true to say that planning and organisation can leave a lot to be desired. This website - and specifically Petra, Waleed and Sero do a fantastic job of doing exactly what they say they are going to do, at the time they've promised to do it - with maximum efficiency and minimum fuss.
Bet Kana is a brilliant choice for those who prefer not to stay in a cramped and noisy hotel room looking over the Corniche - why do that when you can have a peaceful, spacious and characterful 3 bedroom apartment looking out over date palm and mango trees? The roof top could do with a tidy up and maybe a bit of shade and the beds and pillows are hard but I'd take this option every time.
Sero, our felucca captain was superb, as were his crew, Ayman and Anshawar. They seem to have an innate understanding of what their passengers want - in our case to do as little as possible whilst having a few beers and watching the Nile slip by for a couple of days. They were attentive without being overbearing and let us get on with taking it very easy.
As promised we had our own vehicles with safe, courteous and prompt drivers - for those of you who know Egypt you'll understand how rare it is to have all three at the same time.
I'm sure that we could have stood on the Corniche and argued with felucca captains and cab drivers and maybe saved a few pounds, but for consistency and quality of service this site is hard to beat. We're planning a return trip to Aswan early next year and for sure we'll be back in touch with Petra and Waleed and recommending this site without hesitation. Sorry if I've missed anyone out, you we're all brilliant!

All reviews
"hassle free"
"last moment"
"his knowledge"

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The whole experience till now has been excellent. No problems in pick up or the Abu simple trip. The cruise is looking great and I am hoping that the Luxor day trip is great, too.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

While planning my next trip, I discovered I had not posted a review last time. This is probably because as a repeat visitor I do not need their services so much any more. I have used AI several times and always been happy. Their website is very helpful - it accurately shows some of the many interesting things to see around Aswan that for some reason the international tour companies do not visit. This is a shame in a way but if you do visit them yourself you will have a wonderful experience without the crowds. I really recommend more people to go to Aswan and venture out and about. You won't regret it.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Trip Advisor has never steered me wrong so when I was planning a trip to Egypt I immediately checked the forums to see what people were saying and to my delight I came across someone who talked about Aswan Individual. Well I checked into them and made contact with Petra who like the other reviews mentioned she contacted me back quickly and we began customizing our Egyptian adventure for the 4 of us

What I LOVED about Petra was her honest advice. She made sure to tell me where we didn't need a guide, gave me invaluable information on scams and things to avoid and always responded promptly to my millions of questions.

We flew into Abu Simbel to avoid the 3hr caravan ride down and our driver was there waiting for us at the airport and it turned out that when we pulled up to Abu Simbel we were the only ones there!!! He waited while we toured Abu Simbel then took us in the caravan on the 3hr drive up to Aswan. We were greeted in Aswan by Waleed who is phenomenal!!!!! He was so attentive and personable! He helped us check into our hotel and reviewed what our plans were for the next few days. He made sure we were happy and always checked to see if our driver or guide had taken us to any of those cheesy perfume, alabaster, papyrus shops. Nope, no unplanned pit stops, we were 100% overjoyed!

The next morning when we awoke, Waleed was there again to check on us and escorted us to our guide and driver. Said was our guide for the day and he is a gem!!!!!!!!!!! His passion is apparent, his knowledge exceptional and we had the best time with him. He even had the driver stop at a local market to buy water for 3EGP rather than the 15-20EGP at the sites which is a small gesture but it made us feel like he didn't look at us as "rich" tourists.

With Petras advice we were also able to book a 2 night last minute Nile cruise on a 5 star boat at a fraction of the normal price that turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip!!! Waleed even walked us to the boat to make sure we were happy with our rooms and the boat.

While on the Nile cruise Waleed provided us with Ehab who truly made our trip special!!! He was with us from Aswan to Luxor and was funny, insightful and told us things that weren't in the guidebooks. We even secretly asked both Said and Ehab the same questions to "fact check" as we call it and their stories and all their facts matched up. Sadly we couldn't use Petra in Cairo and our guide there had a different take on things that both Said and Ehab had told us. We checked google to see who was right and of course Said and Ehab were correct.

Anyway ALL the tours, drivers, and our entire experience is something we'll never forget!!!! Thank you Waleed and Petra for a magical and unforgettable time in Egypt!!!