“Great service!!!”

Aswan Individual - Daily Tour
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Aswan
More attraction details
Owner description: AswanIndividual is based on the idea from a tourist who designed the website for independent travelers like her to recommend honest and professional locals that she has met during many stays in Upper Egypt. To give it a legal ground, Waleed (full name: Mohamed Ahmed Ali Ahmed), licensed travel agent in Aswan, is the owner of Aswan Individual to organize the network and who is responsible for the tours being offered from Aswan Individual.
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The whole experience till now has been excellent. No problems in pick up or the Abu simple trip. The cruise is looking great and I am hoping that the Luxor day trip is great, too.

All reviews
"hassle free"
"last moment"
"his knowledge"

Reviewed April 27, 2012

While planning my next trip, I discovered I had not posted a review last time. This is probably because as a repeat visitor I do not need their services so much any more. I have used AI several times and always been happy. Their website is very helpful - it accurately shows some of the many interesting things to see around Aswan that for some reason the international tour companies do not visit. This is a shame in a way but if you do visit them yourself you will have a wonderful experience without the crowds. I really recommend more people to go to Aswan and venture out and about. You won't regret it.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Trip Advisor has never steered me wrong so when I was planning a trip to Egypt I immediately checked the forums to see what people were saying and to my delight I came across someone who talked about Aswan Individual. Well I checked into them and made contact with Petra who like the other reviews mentioned she contacted me back quickly and we began customizing our Egyptian adventure for the 4 of us

What I LOVED about Petra was her honest advice. She made sure to tell me where we didn't need a guide, gave me invaluable information on scams and things to avoid and always responded promptly to my millions of questions.

We flew into Abu Simbel to avoid the 3hr caravan ride down and our driver was there waiting for us at the airport and it turned out that when we pulled up to Abu Simbel we were the only ones there!!! He waited while we toured Abu Simbel then took us in the caravan on the 3hr drive up to Aswan. We were greeted in Aswan by Waleed who is phenomenal!!!!! He was so attentive and personable! He helped us check into our hotel and reviewed what our plans were for the next few days. He made sure we were happy and always checked to see if our driver or guide had taken us to any of those cheesy perfume, alabaster, papyrus shops. Nope, no unplanned pit stops, we were 100% overjoyed!

The next morning when we awoke, Waleed was there again to check on us and escorted us to our guide and driver. Said was our guide for the day and he is a gem!!!!!!!!!!! His passion is apparent, his knowledge exceptional and we had the best time with him. He even had the driver stop at a local market to buy water for 3EGP rather than the 15-20EGP at the sites which is a small gesture but it made us feel like he didn't look at us as "rich" tourists.

With Petras advice we were also able to book a 2 night last minute Nile cruise on a 5 star boat at a fraction of the normal price that turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip!!! Waleed even walked us to the boat to make sure we were happy with our rooms and the boat.

While on the Nile cruise Waleed provided us with Ehab who truly made our trip special!!! He was with us from Aswan to Luxor and was funny, insightful and told us things that weren't in the guidebooks. We even secretly asked both Said and Ehab the same questions to "fact check" as we call it and their stories and all their facts matched up. Sadly we couldn't use Petra in Cairo and our guide there had a different take on things that both Said and Ehab had told us. We checked google to see who was right and of course Said and Ehab were correct.

Anyway ALL the tours, drivers, and our entire experience is something we'll never forget!!!! Thank you Waleed and Petra for a magical and unforgettable time in Egypt!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I did several trips. It started with pickup in Luxor and then we went to see
Edfu, Gebel el Sil Sila, and Kom Ombo. The guide (Islam Mourad) was very good in fluent English en very enthusiastic with very much good information about the several sightseeings.
I also did trips to Philae Temple, High Dam, and Kalabsha temple also with this excellent tour guide. Then I did a trip to Abu Simbel on my own,but the driver was als from Aswan Individual and it was great service too. I ended with a trip from Aswan to Luxor with driver only and visited the Esna Temple. The only thing was that the driver was driver very fast and dangerous but it could not spoil all the great things I had seen.