“A Trip in the river Nile from Luxor to Aswan to Nuba”

Aswan Felucca Tours
Ranked #3 of 23 Tours in Aswan
Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you haven't sailed in the river Nile before then I'm recommending you to have this cruse in the river Nile. You are going to see a lot of stunning, breath taking sense on earth such as sunset, Birds wild life, amazing landscapes. I guess this trip is will stay in your memory for a long time and you will enjoy going there every time without being annoyed.

There are newer reviews for Aswan Felucca Tours

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hi,

I just returned from Aswan with my friends. All of us were very happy of the trip.

Before this trip, I made the felucca several times with other teams, and I can assure you that the service makes Ali Abbas is an excellent quality / price ratio.

We stayed with captain Ali Abbas two days and one night. (I recommend you to stay at least two nights to really enjoy the countryside - because it's a bit long to get out of Aswan - or to start early in the morning as said Ali).

Ali is honest (once the price is ok, there is no change or claims at the end of the trip). He is also sociable without being intrusive.
No harassment at all for women (we were 3 young women, no one had any problem).
The food is basic but very good and tasty without risk of disease.
The mattresses and the blankets were clean.

Ali has a great experience of sailing, we did'nt have any problem on the Nil.

He is speaking English but very happy to speak Arabic if you are just learning this language.

One day before we start, we asked him if he could get a backgammon, he said he was sorry because he didn't have one, BUT when we arrived, he had found one ! so we could also play a few games (I lost against him !)

If you need so I recommend you to call him, really.

Bye

Romy

N.B : there is no toilett in the felucca (like all others normal felucca (some of them have chimical toilet but it's expensive)), but you can ask to stop the felucca on the bank of the Nil anytime and find a place easily without anyone around.

5  Thank Romy R
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Sail the Nile!
Anywhere on the Nile is wonderful. Our favorite is Aswan. It’s a wonderful place to just kick back and enjoy the Nile at its most scenic. A must in Aswan is a felucca trip…or any small boat trip—on the Nile any time of the day or night, but especially at sunset. A trip to the gardens on Kitchener’s Island late in the afternoon with the sun setting over the desert is unforgettable. Another great trip is down to the first cataract area where the Nile is very narrow and filled with boulders. Sail or motor slowly through the narrow channels and enjoy the amazing bird life. Walk through the villages on Elephantine Island, being sure to stop at Animalia for exhibits of Nubian life and a chance to be in a Nubian house. End at the museum on the far southern end. A great way to do all of this is by boat, and a great guy to arrange is it Bassam. We’ve been to Aswan twice in two years and each time Bassam and his connections have made our stays unforgettable. He can also arrange travel in and around Luxor. You can contact him at 0020 1007781002 or email him nobian_boy88@yahoo.com. Contact me for more information about how to reach Bassam.

2  Thank bobinathens
Reviewed April 19, 2013

2 weeks ago,I did a Felucca cruise from Awsan to Kom Ombo,Egypt. we experienced old way of travelling using the Nile,where quietness,virgin nature and relaxation were all around.sailing with local Felucca pilots from Aswan was very save and enjoyable.meals served in simple traditional way.I and my group" the Barker family from England" had great memories that will stay in our mind forever.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We took a 3 night felucca trip down the Nile from Aswan to Edfu. It was one of the highlights of our holiday and if you have the time I would highly reccommend it. Travelling by sail you have a real opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the Nile and the variety of birds is amazing. The 2 man crew cooked us 3 meals a day, most of them traditional Egyptian dishes which were really tasty. Day 2 we stopped at The Temple of Sobek and Horus at Kom Ombo, we were the only people there. Day 3 we stopped at Silislia and the Temple of Horemheb, which was really beautiful and again we had the site to ourselves. The boat was moored at quiet beaches in the evening you eat your dinner by candle light and gaze at the stars. There are alot of boats to choose from in Aswan, agree price before you leave, 3rd needs to be paid in advance. I would reccommend our fantastic 2 man crew who were a real pleasure to sail with Abdullah tel 01284107237 Don't forget the toilet rolls

2  Thank Clarice F