“Brilliant”

and up
Sound and Light Show at Philae Temple in Aswan
Ranked #9 of 37 things to do in Aswan
More attraction details
Owner description: At each Philae Sound and Light show, the Egyptian gods and goddesses are, like Osiris, resurrected before our eyes to tell us their life stories. What would Isis say today if she learned that her temple was allowed to sit in water for many years? She would not be happy with this, but she would be proud to know that, like her husband Osiris, Philae was reborn so that new visitors can see the glory of Philae year after year. ...
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Magical location and lots to see. Getting there on a motor boat added to the enjoyment. The sound and light show at night was really great with lots of different colours to really bring the temple to life. Worth going to even if you have been there during the day. Bring a cardigan as it is a bit chilly at night, especially on the boat and sensible shoes for clambouring across boats to get to yours.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Well, the S&L shows were designed decades ago and it seems since then have not changed. Maybe one should look outside Egypt to realise what can be done nowadays. It was the start of the season and we were about 15 people in total. With a modern program there would be more interest.

1  Thank itpchristian
Reviewed November 23, 2012

don't miss this - not hokey or touristy. Very well done! It tells you the story of Isis and the Temple complex in a very moving and tasteful way. You feel like you are there watching the drama unfold as it happened 3000+ years ago.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

When we booked our Egypt holiday we were told how wonderful the light & sound show at Philae is, but I must confess after a few minures I felt a bit bored. I think somehow I expected it to be a more exciting.
The temple does look magical lit up with the different coloured lights, but some of the dialogue is a bit corny and the sound effects clunky which left me feeling pleased when it ended.
I think it is quite expensive too.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I visited in March 2012. I had no interest in the actual sound and light show, I just wanted to see the temple illuminated at night. I'm a native English speaker and I attended the French version of the show. It was cheesy, even in French, probably cheesier! The English version was at 9 PM, too late for me given a grueling day of sight seeing.

There are translator headsets available if you can't make the show for your native language. That is a plus.

1  Thank Zebra_45678