“A nice restaurant in the middle of the archipelabo”
Review of El Dokka

El Dokka
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Aswan
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

A nice Nubian-style restaurant located on its own island opposite the Old Cataract. They have a shuttle boat that leaves every 30 minutes from the corniche - opposite EgyptAir. I isually go there in the evening and sit outside on the terrace. It is quiet and the view is great!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

its situated in a small island in the nile, their free ferry takes you there and brings you back (on the south end of courniche opposite Egypt Air)
I recommend to go there just before the sunset and stay in the outdoor seating.
the staff were very nice, the food is delicious and the service and cooking is much more professional than other restaurants we've been to in Aswan.
main dish is from 45 to 65 Egyptian pounds, the amount of food is more than enough :)
you can also go there for just a drink(non-alcoholic) for a minimum charge of 15 pounds per person

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Food is delicious and abundant. The dining area was clean and has a nice ambience. Wait staff friendly and service was fast (as it should’ve been as we were the only occupied table). The menu is basic, we started our dinner with fresh baked bread, a plate of mxed spicy pickles,babaghanosh,cucumber salad, moussaka, soup, and bubbling hot meat tagine; then the main dish: I had the Tikka. I ate so much I couldn't see straight! The restaurant is located on a small island on the Nile, reachable by ferry. I was glad to see a group of Japanese tourists arriving as I finshed my dinner—this place really needs and deserves some patronage during this difficult lack of tourism.

1  Thank dicookie
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a long cruise on the Nile I had my last dinner here. The free ferry picks you up just across from the Egypt Air office. (Be nice and tip the boat guy)

The restaurant is nice and the food is more than enough. Big affordable portions. I had the grilled fish and it was soft, flaky and delicious.

Treat yourself to the terrace outside after the meal for a coffee or tea. The options aren't wonderful, but it's about the ambiance. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

It was my second time in Aswan and my first time in el dokka.

Enjoyed it to the most I went twice in two days. The portions are huge we were three people and ordered three main dishes with rice and French fries and salads we paid 120LE, 40LE per person which is relatively very cheep!

The tast was amaizing, Nubian cuisine is basic which almost anyone will enjoy.

The location and atmosphere is great and the weather was nice with a nice cool Nile breeze at night.

Not crowded which made the service exceptionally fast, the waiter is cheerful and always smiling.

Don't miss it, ull enjoy it.

Br tamer