Review Highlights
load of crap!

i was taken there by my tour guide for what i assume was for a financial aspect. it is just a big... read more

Reviewed February 25, 2019
Michael M
Liskeard, United Kingdom
Avoid if there's any possibility

Went there as a part of our tour in Cairo. After pleasent accomodation and drink offerings, there... read more

Reviewed August 1, 2018
sleepinT
Zagreb, Croatia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Giza
from $29.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

My friends and I were looking for some fragrances and were brought here. Fouad was very welcoming and offered us tea as he shared a selection of scents with us giving us an explanation of what they were made from as well as what popular brands that they are the base for. We all bought something and of course, the more we bought, the better the deal. The shop has many colourful blown glass everywhere and accommodating staff to answer any questions we had. Prices are in USD, so come with cash or plastic if you're looking to buy. If you're down by the Sphinx and looking for some great service, go see Fouad.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019

it is just a big sell of very expensive scent.

Date of experience: February 2019
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed November 14, 2018

Don’t go here, the guide, which we booked through the hotel, is out to scam you along with the travel agency (MISR). Don’t use them and don’t go here... liars and cheaters and they won’t let you leave!

Date of experience: November 2018
2  Thank Karinainphoenix
Reviewed October 3, 2018

This is a great place to visit and learn a thing or two about some of the essences that Egyptians have been expertly producing for millennia. BUT, do not purchase anything at the price they ask for. All their prices are inflated by a very large amount. Be prepared to walk away, especially if you are in a group. A group has massive bargaining power and you should be able to get anything you want for at least 50% less than they ask. They will of course rubbish the opposition if you mention you can get it cheaper down the road, or in Cairo or Luxor. There are many such places in Egypt, all doing the same thing. Just be careful, especially with the quality. Try where possible to test anything before it's packaged and if it's pre-packed, steer clear, unless they are prepared to unpack it for testing.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I booked a tour and it was going very well until we were brought here to "browse." We walked in and was offered tea and was given an entire back story on the great quality of the oils and their rarities. I began to feel very uncomfortable after stating that I was not interested in purchasing several times and yet still being informed about different prices and offered. My friend and I felt like we had to purchase something just to get out of there and get along with our tour. The oils were very expensive and the scent wore off less than an hour after applying it. I purchased oils in Zamelek for $2 USD (compared to the 40 dollars charged here) that last long and feels better on the skin. I was so disappointed with myself for not seeing this scam coming and my experience here was unfortunately the down side to an otherwise wonderful trip.

Date of experience: November 2017