Grand Pyramids Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewscamel guyswimming poolhotel taxireception stafffelt safetour companycairo airportegyptian poundsdriverpyramidsinternetmrtrafficarabic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

great hotel and amazing i don't ask for more in this hotel ,i stayed there for 5 days ,i'd like to go back sure nice food and clean rooms ,hope eygpt will be good like before ,miss this country lots.
reasonable prices

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Only stayed one night at the hotel during Feb 2013.
I can recommend "Superior" room, the price was just slightly higher, and there was even a partial view of the pyramid.
This is an excellent place to start the pyramid visit.
There is a main road just passing the hotel, so you may want a room as far as possible away from the road.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BjK264
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great hotel.....clean....good food...friendly stuff...the bad was that spa didn't work...and after they asked me money for use the gym....but is near to the pyramids....sure I will back there...Egypt all the time is amazing....I was there 5 times before....so sure I will back

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Before any comment, you probably want to know about safety in Cairo. The answer is simple: it is very safe and you don't feel any fear in any moment. Not even in the main riots square I saw any issue (close to Cairo's Museum). I booked a complete pack with grand pyramids hotel and it was really good. From the design of the tours to the driver knowledge, everything went really well. If you are planning to travel to Egypt, tell the dates and they can make a suggestion. Transfers, check-ins, guides and tours worked very well. I suggest 3 days in Cairo and 2 days in Luxor. Islamic and Coptic tours are worth having. Go for the suggested hotels. Both in Cairo and Luxor were great. I hope it is useful. If you want more tips, drop me a message.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kingdavid176
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I'm not sure about the accuracy of the negative review below, as my experiences in this hotel had been nothing short of excellent. My friends and I had decided on this hotel for its cleanliness and close proximity to the pyramids. We got a very good deal online so we booked in advance. We stayed for 4 days last summer, and the staff there did everything to ensure that we were fully accommodated. Karim, who was one of the front desk staff, did an incredible job at handling our room and services, giving discounts and setting us up for the all-inclusive breakfast (which was delicious, by the way). He also made sure to give us a nice room that faced the pyramids..If you plan on staying at this hotel, I highly recommend asking for him; rest assured you will be very happy with his services :)

As for the room, it was very clean and well-kept. We had a beautiful view of the pool from the balcony; we were also able to see the upper parts of the pyramids very well during the day, behind the high-rise apartment buildings. We did have an air conditioning problem the first day, but the staff were quick to fix it so that wasn't an issue at all. I'm not certain why the allergy-sufferer on the previous review would complain about dustiness because the hotel was actually very clean, and so were the rooms. In fact, one of my friends also suffers from severe allergies (she has to carry an Epi pen with her at all times), but she had no health problems in the hotel..so I would take those complaints with a grain of salt :)

The hotel offers nightly camel rides around the pool area; which was a lot of fun. It also has a hookah bar with Arabic music and full food service...so make sure to take advantage of those things when you're there.

Overall, I think that the pricing, amenities and other services of the hotel were very decent, and I'd highly recommend it for any visitors who are looking to have a wonderful stay in Giza.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a better pyramid view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends