“thanks and recommend”

Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Giza
Taiz, Yemen
“thanks and recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I come from Yemen my occupation General manager of perfume factory i stayed in room 1507 from 9th Sep until 19th Sep2012, i would like to thanks all the staff and every things is wonderful
but i would like to give you some recommendation the price room not the same in hotel high in the booking web different and in the air port i want the price to same,i want you to supply the reception with tourist information,the Snooker room never open at night,the Massage man must be
honest at the end special thanks to Mr Islam Farid for his help and cooperation.
Khalid Haidera Saif

Room Tip: all good and comfort nice view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Egypt, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I am writing this review while I am still here now at the hotel.. Room number 1201 reservation.name walid gooda.. September 22nd 2012.

There is no gym center as they claim it is empty (not equiped).. The indoor pool and sauna NEVER OPENED during my stay as we were told the responsible staff was upsent and he has no specified working hour!

Food was very very limited variety.. breakfast was ok but there was no fruits at all and juice was disgusting. we paid for an all inclusive package BUT WHEN WE ARRIVED THE REXEPTION TOLD US THAT (ACTUALLY ALL INCLUSIVE IN OUR HOTEL MEANS FULL BOARD)!!!!
lunch was supposed to be open buffet but they made it set menu with just choices.. we asked for chicken but it was poisoned as it seemed to be from the previous day's dinner.

staff is not proffetional at all.. the reception dont know the hotel policies .. we asked the reception if we have the right to enter lunch as we booked late check out till 5 and they said yes. but they denied that after we had our seats in the restaurant which was not nice at all. we complained but they denied everything and speaked in bad way. the restaurabt manager does know the mean of hospitality as well as the whole management.

pools are dirty as well as common bathrooms.. rooms were comfort.

the hotel is located in a very bad area surrounded with rabish, noise, and buildibg areas.. it is closed to.the pyramids though.

I don't advise anyone to go to this unproffessional hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Undonelife
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

The location is good in the sense that it's pretty close to the pyramids, but that's about all I could say about it that's positive.
We stayed there twice, at the beginning and end of our travels around the country. The first time our air conditioning wouldn't work and it took them over 5 hours to fix and numerous phone calls to fix it. It was unbearable and what was most surprising was that when we went to the hotel lobby to get some relief from the heat it was hotter there!! They have no air con in the lobby!
The rooms are incredibly dated, the pool very small and closes at 5pm for some reason. The breakfast is not good at all.
Very disappointing, the only low point in an amazing trip to Egypt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Giza hotels

Buenos Aires
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our room at this hotel was nice, clean, spacious and comfortable. However, the floor of the entrance to the wing where the room was located was sometimes unclean, probably because people who use the swimming pool go in with wet feet. Also, we once requested room service and, although we asked for the dirty dishes to be taken away, they were left in the room till the next morning.

The buffet breakfast was included; however, we did not like most of the food provided; but I have to admit probably we are used to a different kind of food. There was something else I did not like: some of the staff stared at young women dressed in western clothing (jeans, t- shirts) in a way which seemed a bit improper. Two of them even asked a girl to let them have a picture with her! Probably the Western young traveler wears provocative clothes by Egyptian standards, but in order to attract all kind of tourists, the staff should be trained to ignore them. The rest of the employees were helpful and nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I previously stayed at this hotel in 2009 and I have to be honest and say that my stay that time was more pleasant, although still not brilliant. Here are my notes on my recent stay in September 2012.

Noise:
On this holiday we stayed in room 1015 on the ground floor. This was instantly a problem because neither our room or the corridor was carpeted. Children were running in from the pool area all all hours of the day and night and this was very loud on an un-carpeted area. The noise really travelled. Constant beeping of car horns in Cairo is to be expected, so this didn't matter too much, but if you are staying there for the first time, please take ear plugs with you. The noise from the hotel 'disco' outside at night was very loud, particularly because we were on the ground floor. The fridge in our room was ridiculously loud at night and eventually I had to unplug it.

Our room:
Our room was fine, the standard of cleanliness was perfectly acceptable. The beds were made daily and were very very comfortable. This was a real plus point. There were 2 English TV channels and the TV was quite a modern one.The fridge in our room was ridiculously loud at night. The shower was quite powerful and was pleasant to use. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom. There is also a safe in the wardrobe which you can programme your own code into, so we kept monies and passports etc in there. There is no kettle so if you would like to make your own drinks i advise you take a travel kettle and adapter plug. Our room was on the ground floor so we didn't have the 'pool view' that we were promised - very disappointing, no view to speak of at all.

Service and food:
We had bed and breakfast only. The breakfast is ok. There is an outside dining area where the chef will prepare omlette or fried eggs for you. There is also an inside buffet. There is a very strange toaster, which is often switched off (it was there in 2009 so is fairly old!). Some of the bread is very sweet and also stale. Not everything is fresh every day. There is a wide variety of food at breakfast time, it's just a matter of trying different things. We tended to eat pizza the rest of the time which was approx £2.50 and quite delicious really. Staff appeared to be lightening fast at clearing your plates away when you have finished, but at times very slow to serve food and drinks.

You have to buy your own drinks there. The lager is Stella (I didn't try this) and there are soft drinks available such as diet Pepsi. A large bottle of water is approx £1.10. You really need to buy a lot of bottled water to drink.

Very bad point:
This didn't happen the last time I stayed at this hotel, but they have started letting a man with a camel onto the premises in the evenings. He provides camel rides and the opportunity to have your photograph taken with his camel - but at a price. The camel is beautiful but he is not! He got very aggressive with me on several occasions because I would not speak to him or have my photograph taken. This was a real down side and it was horrible having to avoid and dodge him when I was in the hotel grounds in the evening. This really spoilt a large part of my holiday.

Gift shops, spa etc:
The gift shop assistants were all really friendly and helpful and a joy to speak to. The bar man was very friendly. I did have an Indian Head Massage in the spa and it was terrible. I was asked to shower (even though I had just had a shower!) and the Indian Head Massage was performed with me lying down! The therapist did not have a clue what she was doing. (I am a massage therapist so I know that this massage was incorrectly carried out).

Internet useage:
Free Wifi is available in the reception area. It was pretty bad on the whole and kept cutting off. Not worth using really. Internet is available in your room but i am almost certain you have to pay for this. Local telephone calls are not the cheapest either.

Sadly I won't be going back to the Grand Pyramids again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor if you would like a view and a quieter room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank vikingships
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hotel was only a 10minute drive from the Giza Pyramids, was clean had great amenities and the hotel staff were always friendly and smiling. The taxi service was brilliant also, especially Ahmed who made our trip affordable and easy. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Cairo!

Room Tip: Next time would go for a room with a balcony
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel is very good and not expensive. All the staff is helpful and sweet, just like the Egyptian people. Book the tour from the hotel taxi. Mohammed, who is the English guide, makes it a very special experience, I strongly recommend his work. Also the driver Michael is very attentive. It was one of my biggest dreams to visit this spetacular country, I guess I did the right choice to start my trip from here.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo