The hotel is an average property. One has to go up a flight of stairs to the lobby--a little idiosyncratic. The elevators are claustrophobically small, and I kept getting caught when I tried to use the emergency stairwell. The rooms are a bit dated. We had two connecting rooms, and it was nice not to hear ambient noise from the hallway.
The hotel front desk, manager?, wasn't too swift about rectifying an incorrect and expensive lunch-to-go that we ordered. Over $100 dollars, and the order was incorrect, even including things, which I specifically excluded because one of my children had food allergies. The manager asked me what to do about it, and I suggested that a refund would be fair, given that we ate nothing in the lunch. He agreed after some initial reluctance and delay--not my historical experience of the 4 Seasons.
The best thing about the hotel is its workout room, not because it is so well-outfitted but because there is nothing like the rising sun over the Nile, with a few rowers out early, while one works out; that will always be my favorite memory of the hotel and, possibly, Cairo. The pool area is nice, too, although I think that they should heat the pool because it moves swiftly into shade in the afternoon, despite hot temperatures.
Oh, yes, excellent breakfast buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of Cairo, with breathtaking views to enchant you and ancient zoological and botanical gardens just outside your door. At our luxury boutique hotel, enjoy an array of authentic fine dining outlets, lavish spa and opulent meeting spaces, an adjacent designer mall and a casino. Just minutes away from the hotel enjoy the best of the city's arts, culture and shopping areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Hotel Cairo At The 1st Residence
- Four Seasons Giza
- Giza Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Cairo At The First Residence Egypt/Giza