“Four season standard accommodations ”

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Giza
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Four season standard accommodations ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel over Christmas vacation. Accommodation wise, the hotel lives up to the high four seasons hotel standards. Good service, clean rooms, safe hotel, etc. I wouldn't say the hotel is huge, but it's certainly a nice refuge from busy Cairo. The only drawback I found was the location. It's it Giza which is near the pyramids, but slightly outside of the center of Cairo, which can be a traffic nightmare to go to. Nonetheless, when I return to Cairo I would probably like to explore a new hotel, but I am confident that if I don't find anywhere new, then I would be happy to go back to this one.

Stayed December 2013
Mahmoud E, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Chris S,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. The streets in Cairo tend to be congested so I hope this was not too inconvenient for you. We hope to welcome you back at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence during your next visit.

Mahmoud ElKeiy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I would highly recommend this to all. One of the best in Egypt and in the world. I stayed here for 4 nights and it was indeed a good one. Staff is courteous in every section/function. Interiors are luxorious, bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and overlooking the Nile river. Lovely pool and hospitable staff. Well done

Room Tip: Choose Nile river side views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mahmoud E, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Sajeek19,

It is with great pleasure we receive your valuable reviews and that you enjoyed your stay with us. As always, we strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience, whilst staying with us, and we are happy that this was indeed the case. Thanks for taking the time to review us and we look forward to having you stay with us in your future visits to Cairo.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I enjoyed being pampered at this luxury hotel where guest safety and comfort was paramount. Bags were screened on every entry and lifts were operated by the room key card. This system, although implemented for guest security, did fail on three occasions during my brief stay. The rooms were spacious and well appointed and amenities in the room were top quality. The buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and the staff attended to guests discretely. Room service was prompt and flexible catering to guest requests. This hotel was expensive but worth the price for a safe and carefree stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
MahmoudElKeiy, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Max2939156,

I am delighted to hear your stay was safe and carefree, thank you for noting our breakfast buffet and room service as excellent, we appreciate that you had a great brief stay. I do apologize for the key card glitch we sometimes encounter technical faults with our machines, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to review us once again.

We look forward to your return soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The service was beyond exceptional from the customer service desk to housekeeping to the front entrance attendants. It was almost as if they anticipated our needs then provided the service before we asked. Unbelievably friendly and guest oriented. The pool is lovely, the hotel welcoming and relaxing after a busy day of site seeing. We loved the beautiful floral displays and the hotel's fresh, clean smell. I would like to extend my special thanks to Ramadan Hassan, Asst Mgr of La Gourmandise Restaurant, for his extraordinary service and friendliness. Mohamed Arafa was also very attentive and made our stay more delightful. We were definitely spoiled at this hotel and will continue to book at Four Seasons Hotels during our international travels.

Room Tip: We preferred the "pyramids view" as opposed to the "Nile view". The Nile view ro...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I didn't take a room here; I attended a business conference. From the valets that are present to open your car door and the entrance door, hotel personnel are Johnny-On-The-Spot to ensure that you are being taken care of and you are satisfied.

The one instance that makes me grit my teeth - and this has happened numerous times to me at the Four Seasons Giza - is the security at the entrance; they have the metal detector turned up so high that you can't enter without setting off the alarm, no matter how insignificant a piece of metal you have in your pocket. And they don't dare allow you to proceed without running their wand over you. I don't know where they found this guy; he's anal retentive. The hotel management needs to send him to Tel Aviv so he can learn how to profile the guests instead of irritating them.

But here's a tip: security at the Four Seasons mall entrance right next door aren't so obnoxious, so enter there and then make your way into the conference rooms.

Once on the "functions" level, wait staff are pleasant, attentive and eager to please.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MahmoudElKeiy, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Douglas A,

As a return guest to the hotel, I am delighted to hear that you are satisfied by our service and attention to personal care. Thank you for taking the time to write out your comments regarding our entrance and security procedures. As a hotel we are fully committed to continuously improve the quality of our standards within our hotel. My team and I will investigate more into your comments, and would be happy to arrange for a meeting with our Director of Security to discuss your comments in more detail. Our aim is whilst adhering to our security policies and procedures, to make this experience a more enjoyable one for you.

Please feel free to email on mahmoud.elkeiy@fourseasons.com should I be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Disappointed that the hotel car did not collect from inside the immigration area like other hotels. Especially when I paid USD110 which is a lot in Cairo.

Check in was okay. The lady for check in was helpful and showed me to my room.

The hotel is quite dated and you have to climb stairs to access lifts. Overall it seems like a very old property and could do with a makeover.

Had dinner at the Lebanese restaurant and the service was extremely slow and inattentive. Food was average at best.

Breakfast was generally decent but again service was slow even with only 2 other guests in the restaurant.

Not worth the price. Would prefer the Citystars or Fairmont which are much better value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank lafa08
Dear Lafa08,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us with not up to your satisfaction.

In regards to your comments, we regret to hear that our hotel did not meet your taste and style, in regards to interiors we are in the process of commencing with renovations and upgrades to our interiors. I also apologize that your dining experience in Aura and STRADA was not up to your liking. I hope we are able to regain your trust in our hotel once again, and we will do our outmost to exceed your expectations when you are next travelling to Cairo. Please do not hesitate to email me on mahmoud.elkeiy@fourseasons.com should you wish to discuss your stay in more detail, or I can further assist in any way.

Best regards,

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was a nice hotel, but if you're looking for an authentic Four Seasons experience then look on. The hotel lacked any great wow factor and, frankly, any focal point. With the entrance sort of at the back of the hotel and the unassuming lobby on the 3rd floor, the whole place felt disjointed from the get go. I was staying with my mother, who had never stayed at a Four Seasons before. I assured her they are the best hotels in the world with service like no where else. So it was a bit embarrassing when we were proudly presented at check in with details of our room with a king bed, when we had clearly booked a twin room. Cue no apology, but lots of time consuming calls to find a room matching the one we had actually booked. When this was finally done, we were shown to the lifts, rather than our room, as I am used to at other Four Seasons hotels. Which meant there was no one there to ask us whether we were happy with the room. On which note, the room was fine. But no more than that. The furniture and fittings were dated and clearly no interior designer had been near the room in a long time to advise on how to arrange things. We headed to the bar at the pool before going out for dinner. I'm afraid service here was really below average. As we arrived I told them the time our dinner outside of the hotel was booked and asked if they could help me find out what time we would need to leave. After about 25 minutes and being reminded of the request, we were told we should already have left. We had not yet received our drinks at this point. And when the drinks did arrive they were terrible and overpriced. I ordered an apple martini, which was described in detail on the menu. The drink that arrived bore no relation - being in a long glass, with soda water, ice and mint in it. I left it undrunk, but paid around $20 for it.

In summary, this hotel has a lot of work to do in terms of staff training and refurbishment to really merit calling itself a Four Seasons. It was perfectly pleasant, but not what I was hoping for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LondonCC
MahmoudElKeiy, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear LondonCC,

I do appreciate you taking the time to give us a detailed review on your experience with us, as we strive to constantly meet guests expectations, your comments do help us improve our service. I do apologize for not having met your satisfaction level whilst visiting us at this time, on this rare occurrence we are saddened to have not gotten it right with you. You've noted the interior, lobby and entrance which we are in the process of upgrading, and hope you can tell us what you think when it is finished. We will also make sure to update your preferences as well for your next trip as we hope to reinstate your confidence in our hotel. My team and I would be delighted to have you experience true Four Seasons style with us once again, where we will be sure to get your apple martini right next time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you have any further comments.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud Elkeiy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giza
Mena House Hotel
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo
Pyramids View Inn
Pyramids View Inn
#1 of 40 in Giza

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence? Share your experiences!