“Best Cairo Experience”

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence
Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in Giza
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

A Much better overall experience compared to the Four Seasons in Garden City across the nile. From the moment i was picked up at the airport to the time the hotel representative helped me with check-in and helped me through to passport service; the attentive staff gave a level of service unparalleled in Cairo. I recommend the Lebanese restaurant by the pool for alfresco dining

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was my third trip to Cairo, having stayed at the former Grand Hyatt Cairo last visit. There are so many five star hotels in Cairo, but I wanted something smaller and more boutique but still on the Nile. With less than 200 rooms this is perfect for a single female traveller like myself.

It seems others had a similar idea and I found myself sharing digs with Richard Branson, former US President Jimmy Carter and Former Irish President Mary Robinson. Celeb spotting was very much on the agenda and made breakfasts interesting.

While not have flush Nile frontage, this hotel is across the road from the famed river and affords excellent views. The hotel can be a little confusing, with reception and the front desk on different levels and restaurants a bit of a hike in another part of the complex. But this is soon forgotten.

A typical Four Seasons, the staff are extraordinary. I was regularly referred to by my name by staff and no request too much. It was the Eid holidays in the Middle East and the hotel was full, but never once did it feel that way.

My room was spacious and well designed, running along the building, meaning you walk into the bedroom then walk through a dressing room to the bathroom. More space than I needed, but very welcome. What was welcome was the cheese plate and bottle of red, notes had been taken from my previous stays in FS hotels, so it was a great pleasure to see this on arrival.

the bed as usual was comfy and afforded a view of the Nile and the bathroom well stocked with luxurious Bulgari amenities.

I had a chance to check out the pool and spa, considered the best in Cairo. The treatment rooms are cosy and the therapists very well trained. My reflexology treatment was amazing and I slept like a log that night!

You will never go hungry at this hotel. The all day dining buffet restaurant has local and asian flavors including a superb sushi station. I also tried the Syrian restaurant, serving up some of my Arabic favorites. One of the best meals was had with a friend poolside, with a mixed grill and a glass of local red wine.

The breakfast buffet is extensive, make sure you try the Egyptian foul or the local pancakes - served with molasses. Nothing like having breakfast with a view of the Nile to get you excited about the day ahead.

The hotel staff were particularly aware that I was a single female traveller and were alert as to making sure I felt comfortable at all times both inside and outside the hotel. One nice touch was each morning at breakfast the waiters would bring me a new Egyptian dish to try. These touches just made the stay perfect. Cairo has had some bad press lately, I must say when I was out and about I felt a change in attitude and saw the city to be more run down than previous visits. This hotel is in a very safe part of town, next to the French Embassy.

There is a high end mall attached to the hotel which s worth a visit for the cafe on the ground floor alone. Great people watching and some lovely boutiques stocking Egyptian designer jewelry, clothes and furnishings.

I had asked for a tour of the Saqqara pyramid site and the concierge organized an extremely charming and knowledgable guide and hotel driver for the day. Another day, the hotel sent one of their drivers, Essam, with me to the Khan (souq) to help me with my bargaining and shopping. He was very clued into the area and made sure I saw the historic part of the bazaar.

I am very spoiled but there wasn't one wrong note about the service, room and experience at this hotel. Just perfect.

Room Tip: You have the option of a Nile View or a Pyramid views, because of the smog in the city, you may not...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My sister and I booked the four seasons based on the positive reviews here. We expected perfection and perfection was what we got. Four seasons hotels are usually excellent, but our stay at first residence was just perfect.

Our room was extremely spacious and comfortable. We had just been staying at a villa in the country side Italy and we realized our room at four seasons was actually bigger than our villa in Italy. We had a small balcony but I could not see the pyramids even though we should have been able to.

We ordered room service twice. Once for breakfast and once for a light dinner. Both times the food was cooked to perfection and extremely tasty.

The swimming pool was pretty amazing.

The service we had throughout our stay was exceptional. Every staff member we encountered went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and having a good time. We felt really at home during our stay and it was because of the amazing service we received.

Highly recommended this hotel!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The four seasons never fails to deliver the perfect stay. I stayed there with my wife for my birthday in a corner suite, that I must say is amazing and the view is to die for. The management sent us a complimentary cake for my birthday which was a very nice gesture. The staff are professional, cheerful, and always with a smile. I think that this is the benchmark for all hotels to try to achieve. Simply a perfect stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just what you'd expect from the Four Seasons. Big comfortable rooms. Great service. The pool complex is a great place to relax and unwind. The breakfast buffet is also memorable. I can give this hotel my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: We were on the west side, overlooking the zoo and the Pyramids. The other side can see the Nile, but...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a 5 star hotel, as you would expect from any Four Seasons Hotel. The service and food are wonderful. Shopping is just an elevator ride away. A great location for city sightseeing. However, you will still need reliable transportation.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms have a view of the Nile. The noiser rooms are across the street from the zoo. Howe...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roverette
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed only for 2 nights on a business trip and I was glad to experience high-end customer service, polite staff, quality dinning and above all, a clean and well taken care of, room and general complex areas

Room Tip: Deffinately a "safe" choice for a memorable stay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giza
Mena House Hotel
Pyramids View Inn
Pyramids View Inn
#1 of 42 in Giza
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence? Share your experiences!