All reviewslibrary baraura restaurantseasons restaurantnile riverlebanese restaurantrooms are spaciousbeautiful hotelperfect stayroom servicean oasisbreakfast buffetluxury hotelpool sideegyptian museumtour guidepyramid viewzoo
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was our first stay at Four Seasons and it certainly wasn't disappointing. Staff were pleasant and accommodating allowing us to check out late since our flight home was 11 pm and also when one of my sons forgot to bring his passport was nice about it. Rooms were large and spacious, and the rates were affordable and views along the Nile river was lovely. Floating restaurants were within walking distance as are other attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the Nile river
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank NORZILA B
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel! Safe and secure, influence to North American and Western European taste, awesome restaurants, spa and a shopping mall in attached to the hotel so you won't have to deal with trying to cross the street in the chaotic traffic. Also try Four Season's Nile Plaza as well. It's more beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is the place to stay whilst in Cairo, and breakfast introduces you to the spectacular array of Egyptian flavors if you are not already familiar. Savory and sweet.
I must say that my mind drifts back there often. Flowers everywhere, serene views, and the rooftop deck - ahhhh! I relished tea time in my private cabana, propped on pillows, as Cairo sights and sounds drifted below, pyramids in the distance. Turkish coffee and all the usual are available but I chose an array of nuts and dried fruits and petite cakes. Oh me oh my.
I would not have dinner in the hotel since there are too many wonderful selections in Cairo, although I did try the restaurant adjacent to the roof deck as several friends met me there one night; superb. A colleague ordered the braised chicken livers which were out of this world. Every entree exceeded the next.
I did chuckle when even my hiking boots were cleaned after an especially taxing day climbing to the King's chamber in the Great Pyramid. They really must work a bit on electrical aspects of the hotel room, such as radio, television, etc. but again, superior service when my tv clicker appeared to be malfunctioning. A new tv and clicker appeared and was set up in my room, all within the space of 12 minutes after I had called the concierge.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank EastCoastAmanda
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Cairo is not a very pleasant city. It is dirty, to say the traffic is chaotic would be an understatement, and as a tourist, one is constantly besieged by vendors on the streets. This hotel is a wonderful respite from all of that. (Please don't misunderstand me. I travel so that I can get "into" new places, meet new people, eat different kinds of food, etc. And I am a city boy! But Cairo, due to the ever increasing population, poor investment in infrastructure, and the general economic troubles of the cournty, is not a pleasant place. Garbage is everywhere--streets, irrigation canals, sidewalks, etc. Air pollution is significant. Crossing a street is a death defying adventure.)

The hotel was a welcome oasis in grime and chaos of the city.

The public spaces, as well as the rooms are spacious and elegant. The staff more than attentive. (The man who came to the room to turn down the bed called me by name!) The breakfast buffet was quite good as was the one evening meal I had in the restaurant. The piano bar was relaxing and most comfortable.

It is pricey, but the tranquility offered was worth it.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the quieter. Some have small balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Art S
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This amazing hotel has everything that you need and is both relaxing and luxurious. the staff are professional yet very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The pyramids are just 15 minutes away as is central Cairo and the Egyptian Museum. There are several restaurants of which we found the Thai one to be the best. You can also have top quality Australian or US steaks served in the Library bar by well trained friendly staff who are only too eager to please. Rooms are huge, ours had a wonderful relaxing Nile view.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a Nile view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple