All reviews swimming pool budget hotel modern amenities night's sleep enjoyed my stay i highly recommend this hotel supermarket nile cairo pharmacies
Reviewed September 29, 2009

1970's vintage hotel with all original carpet, furnishings and linen.... Do you get the picture? Apparently our room was one of the better ones. I booked cheaply via Asia rooms website as opposed to their quoted rates. Our reason for staying here was that our tour started in Cairo and this was the joining hotel. A short taxi ride to Downtown. There was some form of security at the hotel door. Service was lacking and breakfast was shocking (but that goes for b'fast in most of egypt). Toilet flushed, so i was happy. Business centre was about the only good thing!

Date of stay: July 2009
3  Thank Cheesygrinner
Reviewed September 25, 2009

This accommodation was superb value for a budget hotel in Cairo. I was using Indiana as one base in Cairo as I toured around Egypt. The service was friendly and the staff had a good sense of humor, moreover, the rooms are clean and comfortable with high ceilings. I found the decor to have much more character than the standard hotels you get nowadays, in addition the breakfast provided was excellent.

Overall standard of hotel was great if you need somewhere to stay while experiencing the hustle and bustle of Cairo!

Indiana hotel is located in Super Great Location only 5 minutes walk from the Nile. There are some American take away places to eat nearby (if that's your thing) as well as some good local supermarkets.

The best thing about this hotel is the roof terrace where you can have drinks and a snack with nice views of the Cairo tower and the Nile.

Date of stay: September 2009
27  Thank Spike25
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Stayed here as part of the Intrepid tour and got a chance to see the variety in the rooms available. My friend and I ended up with a suite. Although it was very spacious, the extra room was unnecessary and the fridge did not work and television set was from the 80s. It was acceptable but it definitely had a dilapidated feel and was very "budget" by budget standards. Room sizes and quality vary - one room on the 7th floor had a working fridge, newer TV, nicer bathroom, but an older A/C unit in a weird location. We also used a room on the 3rd floor, which had the best water pressure. Have low expectations. It is in a good location in the El Dokki area and the staff was very friendly.

Date of stay: August 2009
5  Thank aeropostale
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This hotel is dirty. The staff is not motivated, they refused to serve meals to our children, the pool is in very bad condition, dirty seats . it's maybe not expensive but no value worth. Never again !!

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank patrick2608
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I had read all the reviews before I went to Indiana Hotel and I did not know what to really expect, now I finally know the Truth….I rate Indiana hotel 8/10 for the
1- The hotel is in very good location and near everything!
2- My Room was big, and contained all what I need like Satellite T.V., mini bar, balcony over looking the swimming pool, moreover the bathroom was very clean and the hot water was available all day.
3- The hotel also has a good Internet café, and what I liked the best was the rooftop café where I had a very tasty dinner along with cold beer one night, needless to say the service was great.
So, for me I loved Indiana Hotel and I give it 8/10..and this is what you should really expect!

Date of stay: August 2009