““Still Great”” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Giza
Sunderland
““Still Great””
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

This is not my first review for Indiana hotel but as it’s been a year since I wrote one I thought I’d do another!
Really the quality of service had even improved a lot since last time. The Hotel Is really clean, breakfast was great, loads to eat, perfect start for our long day around Cairo.

The staff is helpful, friendly and courteous throughout the hotel.

Would definitely recommend this place, and one last thing the location is also more than perfect !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
22 Thank PinkyGirl_10
Indianahotel, General Manager at Indiana Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience in our hotel,we really appreciate it.

we work very hard to reach a Perfect guest experience as it is a must for us at Indiana Hotel.

I am glad to know that this is your second visit (stay) with us, and I Promise you to always enhance our service and make more and more improvements and renovations.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon again at Indiana Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Booked our stay here based on a friend advice and really this hotel was great! We thought the location was perfectly situated for visiting all areas of the city; moreover there are some great restaurants near the hotel too with a range of styles to suit everyone’s palate.
We traveled with our infant and we had booked a Deluxe Room, and the hotel was nice enough to upgrade us to even a larger room to accommodate the baby bed they supplied for us.
Since we had to be in early most evenings, due to baby's bed time, it was nice to be able to have a place for my husband or myself to go chat with people at the roof Panorama Cafe.
The staff was very helpful. The best part was the chef. He really made our trip memorable. If you have children, you must go down for breakfast every morning. He is so friendly and really comes around to greet you and make your children laugh. It's a great start to the morning.
Oh, one last thing. Has to be one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on at a hotel. Wish they could all be that way.

Room Tip: Would request a room on a higher level

Room Tip: Room Tip: Would request a room on a higher leve
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
22 Thank AngelWings808
Indianahotel, General Manager at Indiana Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011

To reach a great guest experience is a must for us at Indiana Hotel, and we work very hard for it,.

I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon again at Indiana Hotel

worldwide
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

Most recent reviews before we booked looked promising and we had a great deal at £20 including breakfast. We wern't expecting much and we didnt get much . Starting with the positives , the room was a good size , check in was swift and a few places to eat nearby aswell as a quiet location.

Sadly the negatives far outway the positive , the room was unclean , cigarette ash on the floor , found bugs crawling on clothes that were left out and had few bites during the night , glasses left in room were dirty , could not dial down to reception from room and bizarre calls at around midnight inviting to some party on the roof !!

The bathroom deserves its own little paragraph , firstly not sure you could call it a bathtub not that you would want to sit in the bath as you could get peeling paint stuck to your rear, the shower not working and leaking all over the place , having it sort of fixed , ended up with no hotwater anyway, toilet seat kept on giving you freindly slap on your back.

Maybe you could get away from the room by having a dip in the swimming pool you might think but you will have to walk in the pool as there is no water to swim in !or take the panoramic view at the roof top only to find the doors locked (perhaps its only open for the midnight party !)

Breakfast is a buffet of around 4 different things and to be fair not that bad , coffee was decent once you find a clean cup.

Yes we did complain about the problems to reception but you should not have to complain more then once and go round finding someone to fix your shower, message to management get rid of the carpets from the hotel , install new bathrooms , apply some new paint and this hotel can probably relive its past glory and fill the pool with water .....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yas_4u
Indianahotel, General Manager at Indiana Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of Indiana Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked.

Your feedback is appreciated as it allows us to perfect our service moving forward. It is only through constructive criticism that we are able to make improvements, thereby improving the service that we offer.
Please know that I will address your concerns about the housekeeping
department with my team to ensure that these types of mistakes are addressed immediately.

We do hope that you will stay with us again in the not-too-distant future.

Travelers are raving about these Giza hotels

Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

The room was very dirty and there was no water in the pool!!
Breakfast was very bad.
There where insects inthe room.
So don't go to this Indiana hotel, its the worst hotel ever!!!!

Room Tip: search for another hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank thierry46
Indianahotel, General Manager at Indiana Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience in our hotel, we really appreciate it.
To reach a great guest experience is a must for us at Indiana Hotel, and we work very hard for it, we believe that having the chance to know what you have experienced is the best tool we can have to improve, and like this reach our promises.
We are sincerely sorry that your visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel.
We would love to have the opportunity to talk to you and if is possible, you can reach me personally through the hotel email address (since I cannot expose here any mention to our brand that can be interpreted as publicity).
Regarding the points mentioned on your post we really apologize for all the inconvenience we have caused and I guarantee you that those will be addressed and effective actions will be taken to avoid them on the future, we really disappointed for the experience you had.
Once again thank you for the time spent in posting your comments and most of all for the chance you are giving us to be better in the future.
Sincerely.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

Stayed here at the start of The "Egyptian Revolution", at first we were frightened but thanks to all the hotel staff they made us felt very secure. The Staff did their best to protect the hotel and all the guests. They gave us advice to stay at the hotel most of the time, and during that time we felt safe and secure and everything was working as if nothing was going out of the hotel. I am really writing this only to say to all the staff at Indiana Hotel Thank You Very Much. I Stayed here during a great moment in history and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2011
11 Thank MaxwelPerez
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

I found this hotel a very nice place to be. I spent there 14 days and it was really nice. My room was always very clean, people there very friendly, breakfast service amazing good, and with a very good variety of fruits and vegetables and cheese to eat.

I highly recomend this hotel to anyone who wants to be right there in the middle of cairo as this hotel is very close to egyptian museum, cairo tower, you can take a taxi and be in Khan el Khalili in just 20 or 30 minutes.

I want to go back there again. The price I paid was also great...U$ 20 per night.

Good ...trust me....I've been into Cairo 3 times now and soon it will be my fourth time. Im from Chile South America....I loved the area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
19 Thank Malak9
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

I was in Cairo to attend a 5 day conference, and was looking for a hotel within my budget, from my research this lead me to the Indiana Hotel. It surely was value for money, I was able to secure a great deal in advance with the hotel through emails.

Indiana hotel is a 5 minute away from the Metro station and a 20 minute Walking From the Egyptian Museum, Cairo Opera House and down town, also around the hotel I found a lot of restaurants and a big supermarket which was great.

Our room was at the back of the hotel and was very quiet at night, clean, and it had a comfortable queen size bed, large new TV, mini bar frig, table and chairs, and roomy bathroom.

Included in our package was buffet breakfast for 2, the selection was very good. There is great coffee, and by the end of our stay the staff knew our coffee/tea order at breakfast, bringing it to us without asking our order, we felt well at home.

We arrived early for check-in and needed a late check-in which the hotel kindly and easily provided; we cannot fault the service that we received.

The staff was very helpful in providing us with details of how to get around Cairo.
There is very cheap Internet cafe inside the hotel which helped me a lot and was very convenient.
If I was to return to Cairo we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
17 Thank Shadowrider77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giza
Pharaohs Hotel & Casino
Swiss Inn Nile Hotel
Swiss Inn Nile Hotel
#25 of 40 in Giza
Amarante Pyramids Hotel

Been to Indiana Hotel? Share your experiences!