Lowest prices for your stay
$27
$24
Travelocity$27
FindHotel$27
Orbitz.com$27
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2013

As expected, traffic noise was a problem, but the hotel was not up to expectation, the room was dirty, the roof terrace was filthy, empty pool had broken glass in the bottom, disco literally all night kept us awake (and we were 5 floors up). Staff tried hard and the food was just OK. By Egyptian standards it is probably fine, but by western standards it is sadly lacking. The only plus point is that it is about 5 miles from pyramids. Won't be going back.

Room tip: Another hotel would be a wise move, there aren't any good rooms.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank travelhopefulBristol
Reviewed September 23, 2011

i stayed in this hotel september 2011 it was great we arrived 3am, some one got out suitcase and took it to the room we had another guy meet and greet us . everyday when we went out the cleaner came in and made our beds and genral tidy. the only problem was the traffic but if you stay in cairo expect that if you stayed in the best hotel you would still get this problem. i will be back in cairo and staying in this hotel again :)

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The room had old, poor quality furniture. It was reasonably quiet (I had a room at the rear side of the hotel). Only cash was accepted. Staff was continuously trying to get more money out of me. Breakfast was OK, but nothing special. The corridors were nice. I had to stay one night only, but I would have changed hotels if would have been more.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank JvB-Ehv
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel twice....once three years ago and then once again this month. They are in the process of remodeling it and the fifth floor is finished, so they are trying to clean it up. On both occasions I stayed there in a pinch when other arrangements fell through. The price was reasonable without a reservation...about 45 US dollars for two.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2008

My Mother and I have travelled in Asia, Europe, USA and Canada but this is the dirtiest hotel I have ever spent a night in!! Yuk! How can it be classified as a 4 Star Hotel? It does not even deserve 1 star!

My mother and I checked into this hotel with a group of 18 - as part of a group tour. The poor travel coordinator who travelled with us never heard the end of our complaints about this hotel.
We checked in around 20:00 hours after a long day of travel and sight-seeing and were looking forward to a comfortable 4 Star luxury only to to find that the sheets, the blanket, the carpet and the toilets were dirty. There was pubic hair in the bathtub and even in the toilet accessories tray! The hotel smelt of smoke from the lobby to the rooms. The toilet doorknob was just a stump and there were exposed electrical wires (refrigerator and tv) in our room. The table and all furniture were covered with a layer of dust. The corridors were dark and dingy. The chairs in the restaurant (for our buffet breakfast in the morning) were stained and dirty and the plates weren't too clean.

Music blared on the streets (could have been in the hotel too) all night long right into the morning and even though we were located on the 6th floor, we heard the din throughout.

We were really happy to board our coach for our next destination next morning and shake the dust off Hormoheb Hotel off our feet. I even felt like giving my suitcases a disinfectant scrub!!

All travel/hotel reservation sites should stop selling room nights for this hotel until they clean up their act. Horrible, Horrendous are words which are just too mild to describe this filthy hotel.

I will shortly post photographs in support of this review.

Date of stay: October 2008