Cairo Pyramids Hotel
$107
$49
Travelocity
1,056 results
All reviewsnew buildingpoolside restauranthalf boardswimming poolshort staymain buildingbreakfast buffetegyptian museumnice poolpyramid viewpyramidscairoorangerytaxitraffictourdriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The rooms are well away from the main road and offers solitude and comfort. small yet every little detail is taken care off. the pool is ideal for a soak and sunbathe.

The location is not so great as is not friendly to walk, there is nothing in the walking vicinity of the hotel like small stores or other restaurants. Taxis should be avoided as they fleece the customers.

Service: Inspite of letting them know that we need an extra bed, it was not taken care of until they were reminded on site. I appreciate the fact that the flask was organised (after a day) to make tea in the room as, Inspite of being 5 star, the rooms don't come with coffee and tea maker.
the baggage service is pitiful.
Service at the breakfast was rushed. plates being picked up before you can finish, which I don't appreciate especially when on vacation and I like to enjoy my breakfast!

the cafe is great as you can see the pyramids from there. the bar had live music every night. and they made a great cup of Turkish coffee!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank nidberera
inassultan, Quality Manager at Cairo Pyramids Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing The Moevenpick Hotel Cairo Pyramids

However we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you had encountered during your stay in our hotel, On the other hand, all your valuable comments "negative or positive" had been forwarded and discussed with all concerned to improve, review and also for immediate corrective and preventive actions for our future guests not to be subject to similar inconveniences. So on behalf of all the Moevenpick Pyramids team we are all thankful and grateful for bringing these shortcomings to our attention.
We look forward to welcoming you once again at our hotel and we hope then that we could have the pleasure of making your stay even more enjoyable

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was our base for three nights in Cairo. The bungalow layout of the rooms was different, and we quite liked it. The gardens are well kept, the pool & bar inviting, the staff friendly and the reception/restaurant area clean and modern. You can see the pyramids from just outside the hotel, so it's a good base for them and will be better if the new museum across the road is ever finished.

Where the hotel lets itself down is the food. The breakfast buffet choice is wide, but a bit ordinary. Room service is not expensive, but wearing when you have to treble check the order. It's perhaps a bit unfair to mention the renovation work on our last evening in the main restaurant, and that the hotel "club" we were directed to as an alternative was an empty room. All work was finished by the morning.

This apart, the room was comfortable (leading to a big oversleep one morning) and a good shower, once you had worked out how not to flood the rest of the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank howardandemma

Best Regards.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have spent only one night on the hotel, it was not bad but still lots of things to improve,
the rooms was good and location also is very good, the dinner was not as good as expected, and also water bottles are very expensive and not offered during your stay as most of other hotels.
also you have to buy your own drinks while dining which is not good experience for me.
in front of the hotel the road was not good and there was a lot of dust to be cleaned
also the stuff needs some more training on guest relationship, for example the way they instruct guests is not good, (instead of helping me to get my bag out they told me I have to go back and take another long way with my bags while I ordered them to open the door for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MahmoudElkholy

Dear Guest

Therefore, I would like to thank you for giving us another chance to extend you our true excellence in hospitality hopping that the above can meet your satisfaction.

Quality Manager

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I'm judging this based on it advertising it self as being a 5-star hotel.

Location:
Very close to the pyramids. There is a roof top cafe with great view over the pyramids. However the location is truly bad. There is nothing in Giza. Hard to find stores and restaurants. Cant go or a walk outside as there is mostly roads and nothing to see. Live close to the corniche instead!

Service:
I hate when you get to a 5-star hotel and no one comes to get your bags and you have to wonder where to check in. When I arrive I want my bags picked up directly! Extremly bad check in service. Overall nothing special about the service. Not really the best staff.

Atmosphere and ambience:
Relatively nice garden-hotel. Especially nice for being in Cairo! Its a nice contrast. We had a business suite that was okey. A bit dated though, Extra plus for the beautiful flower bouquet in the room.

Restaurants:
We ate at the Thai restaurant once and I was very pleased with the food and the price. Live music every night was a plus. The cakes in the lobby were disgusting! I have noticed this overall in Egypt, they can't make french pastry. Breakfast was horrendous! Worst I've ever had. The food was old, croissants so dry you almost choked and there was so little food to choose from. Bad, bad bad!

Pool:
The pool was unheated and when I asked about it they said it was broken. I dont believe they ever heat it. Thats the kind of feeling this hotel gives. Lazy, unprofessional and not very interested in service.

Overall:
Not a horrific hotel but for having 5-stars, yes its baaad. Overall I have found Mövenpick hotels in Egypt to be dissapointing. The same for the one in El Gouna. I wont be staying at any Mövenpick in Egypt again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Danii88

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here in 2 interconnecting rooms and really, have absolutely nothing to complain about. The rooms were clean and comfortable, slightly outdated, but that's about it. The beds were big with big soft pillows. There was lots of hot water and the tub had one of those 1/2 glass covers that are a bit annoying as water gets out.

The included breakfast buffet was huge with lots of choices including made-to-order omelettes. The day we were to fly out early in the morning, they were kind enough to make us boxed breakfasts for us to take with. I thought that was super sweet of them.

There is a buffet restaurant in the evening as well as a Thai restaurant. We only ate at the buffet restaurant the one night and it was decent with an ok selection, though expensive. Thankfully they only charged us 1 adult price for the 3 kids as there were no kid prices, but I did have to ask about it. Drinks were not included in the supper buffet. There is also a gym and spa, as well as a kids mini golf though did not use any of these so cannot comment. The pool is quite large, though not heated so can be very cold, at least it was when we were there.

Wifi is available but it is expensive at 135 LE for 24 hrs if I remember correctly. Bottled water was also expensive at 20LE for a large bottle, expensive being a relative word as it's much cheaper at the markets or elsewhere.

You can set up drivers for the day to anywhere in Cairo and area as we did the one day to take us to the Museum, wait for us and take us back. Cost was 140 LE for 6 hrs.

There is no view of the pyramids from the rooms, but just steps out of the hotel, there is a great view.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay with no real complaints and can recommend it to families, couples, singles.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Halilee

Dear Guest

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us,

However , Also we would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you may had encountered during your stay with us , On the other hand, all your valuable comments "negative or positive" had been forwarded and discussed with all concerned to improve, review and also for immediate corrective and preventive actions for our future guests not to be subject to similar inconveniences. So on behalf of all the Moevenpick Pyramids team we are all thankful and grateful for bringing these shortcomings to our attention.