All reviews pool area is rooms are clean hotel is located wifi refrigerator traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2019

if you are looking for a budget hotel, it might be a good place to stay if it is a REALLY good price, otherwise, stay somewhere else.
I just arrived from Cairo and stayed at Soluxe hotel for 4 days. Dont expect luxury becouse you wont find it here.
It is close to the pyramids (Giza) but far away from city centre.
it a nice property with a beutiful swimming pool but managed poorly.
The hotel looks very dark and often most of the light were turned off, cant understand why.
All members of the staff spoke very bad English. I had to ask very easy questions many many times because they couldn't understand it. I had lots of misunderstandings with reception and waiting staff.
There is no room service at all.
Breakfast was very poor. There was no butter, no milk, apple juice was the only juice offered, etc.
There is a very tinny restaurant which seems to be always closed outside breakfast time.
Housekeeping was really bad. As i said, I stayed there for 4 days, my room was tided up daily but my toilet was cleaned only in the last day. I realized that shower, toilet bawl and sink was still dirty from the day before and the housekeeping hasnt touched the toilet at all.
Internet Wifi was another issue. It didnt work all over the hotel apart of the main reception, so, i often had to go to main reception with my computer to be able to use the internet.
Reception check in and out was also terrible. Services at this hotel was charged in US$ dollars, but once I tried to pay my bill with US Dollars, they initially said they didnt have change (not even US$10). Then I tried 4 credit cards I had with me and none of them didnt work. After a very long and stressful negotiation, the receptionist said he had change which made me very angry for wasting my time. i dont know if the receptionist didnt want to take payment in US dollars or the receptionist didnt understand English enough.

Well, after all this, I have to say, this hotel has a good potential but needs lots of improvement.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2019

The hotel is located near to the pyramids area. Even anyone go to the pyramid by walking if he wants to. It is located in a very quiet place (not beside the main road) and the inside environment including the pool area is excellent. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. The staffs are friendly. The buffet breakfast is excellent and a wide variety of choice. The pool area is beautifully lit in the evening and a very nice view from the balcony. The Wifi in the rooms works fine.

The major drawback is that there are no stores nearby. Some of the floor tiles in the room are uneven which needs to be replaced. It took a long time after ordering the food in lunch and dinner.

Overall, the hotel was beyond my expectation and recommendable to anyone who looks for budget and yet comfortable hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank moinulbb
Reviewed November 25, 2018

We had two rooms. When we arrived only one room was ready, but they rushed to get the second room completed. One of the rooms had a bathroom that had been ripped of the hinges allowing the door not to fully close. Breakfast was good. There was a great variety of food, but very crowded.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed May 19, 2018

Well if you were able to get a room here for 20-35 USD, I would say it was worth it. I paid for a tour package to Egypt from a middle eastern country and this, I could tell, was the lesser hotel of the two I would possibly stay at. First the good, I thought the staff was friendly and accommodating. Some did in fact speak english. The pool area is nice. And relatively well maintained. The rooms were tolerably clean and housekeeping seemed to be considerate. Now the not so good. The hotel is not near any stores within easy walking distance. And the reviewer who said that it was a mile from the pyramids was a little short. 2.3 miles according to my map app and a healthy 1.5 hour walk. The a/c in our room began leaking immediately upon starting it and was not repaired. 2 days later it died completely and we requested another room. The second room we had was set up for 2 couples, as it had 2 queen size beds. But no door between the rooms. Not a problem for 2 guys traveling but it would be awkward for couples. Also the second room we had faced the outside of the hotel and barking dogs woke me all night. The shower doors in all 3 of the rooms we eventually stayed in would not close and water got all over the floor from taking a shower. The lights did not work in the hallway outside our room so the first couple of times we returned in the evening it was difficult to find the correct way to open our door. Hotel staff were reluctant to give us 2 entry keys for our room. We had to ask. The chain door lock was completly inadequate. The refrigerator was unplugged on arrival and so was warm inside. Since the electricity is turned on and off with your room key you will be guarenteed a warm to hot room when you return after a day of sightseeing and any drinks you have in the fridge will be tepid. The breakfast was edible. The only coffee available was from a large open container of instant. And even though I made a strong cuppa I still got a caffeine withdrawl headache later in the day. The final 2 days in the hotel was Ramadan, the "chef" making omelets seemed very grumpy, unable to simply respond to a friendly good morning. He also did a terrible job of making omelets. No ingredients, making them in advance, slicing them up and serving them cold. There is a Gym but since it opens at 10 am I was unable to use it since we were out sightseeing at 8:00 every day. Anyway I think that covers it. If you want a budget place this is it

Room tip: If you stay be sure to get a room with a view to the front of the hotel or the pool. The back rooms are noisy because of barking digs
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Bob K
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

This hotel in Cairo was so disappointing! We stayed here for 2 nights but service was pathetic! Food, room service and the attitude of staff! Even the lift was not working! When we asked for a creamer / milk for tea making at room, they said they will charge us! So disappointing! Checked few hotels nearby and found out some good one to recommend for friends visiting Cairo.

Date of stay: April 2018