“poor hotel”

Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Giza
kanda
“poor hotel”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

we lived in this hotel short period and faced some problems first hotel is not clean and dust every where .in the breakfast restaurant is not structured did cares about us one at time looking our selves about where we sit in it the dishes empty remain ahead of us until we leave the restaurant buffet foods that contain foods corrupt and non clean and cool almost of the foods.tea and coffee the same color and the same taste front office staff not fluent english in spite of all this thank mr.adel responsible for the restaurant was friendly and courteous with us and helped us alot as well as mr.sameh and we hope to see change when we come back next time judit and pettey

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank judit p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 26, 2013

In October 2012 we travelled as part of an organized tour group across Egypt. A fantastic hotel - great amenities, great service. We were told not to wonder around the vicinity although we did go with a few people to visit local supermarkets - on a search for Diet Coke and Ginger Ale for our drinks. Success with Diet Coke, disaster with Ginger Ale. Oh well. In a group setting, it felt safe.... Great view from the hotel - mainly busy busy streets and lots of traffic. Our room had a little balcony - with doors open you just couldn't sleep with all that city noise - 26M people or so(?). The hotel was airconditioned so with the balcony door closed - sleeping like a baby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank monixmonix
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

....but a 4 star rating the hotel is not. We stayed 4 nights in Cairo. The hotel entrance is lovely but the rooms, well they are not modern by western standards. I appreciate there is little money in Egypt with tourist numbers dropping, but I would suggest the hotel get rid of the peach and red colors and go more neutral.
Bad points:
*the shower. Mon dieu. Scolding one minute, ice cold the next. It didn't matter if it was 7am or 8pm. Ouch.
*The breakfast, this is more on the guests who stay, then the hotel. Whilst there is a large choice, the feral locusts who eat there, well just yuck. A group of Indians piled their plates up, threw food on the floor, touched the buffet with hands. I just couldn't eat it. Maybe change to a waiter/menu order system?
*the noise. We were on the 4th floor and could not sleep because of the noise. Double glazing is essential. We were moved to the top floor but still it was like sleeping on the road. Did I say sleeping, there was no sleeping.

Good points:
*friendly staff
*close location to most things
*comfortable beds.
*cleani-ish

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the top, bring ear plugs and sleeping tablets. It's Cairo though, so the hotel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KLAT1983
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We spent one night on our way to Luxor & made sure we stayed elsewhere on our way back! Lobby was dirty & smelt of stale cigarette smoke and the room & bathroom were equally bad. In the morning the room smelt foul because cigarette smoke came trough AC vents. Dinner was the saving grace as we were served a perfectly cooked fish but the buffet breakfast was horrible as was the service- tables were not cleared & plenty of food was littered on the ground. Service was ok but spoken English was a issue. Our recommendation - avoid at all cost.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Giza hotels

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 23, 2013

had a nice stay there with a nice balcony to see the Pyramides from the 6th floor. Nice breakfastbuffet and nice staff but they don't speak english so maybe we have to study arabe before going there. The taxi service rom the hotel is well organised to go to the airport or elsewhere, nice drivers they speak english. Many nice restaurants so close

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Beat F
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Horizon Pyramids Hotel March 2013. This was my very first trip to Egypt. I feel as though I made a very good choice by selecting this hotel. The hotel is very clean and and the service is very good,especially from the restaurant staff. Always helpful and made sure I had everything I needed. Room service was very good. Very prompt in bringing food after ordering. The food in the restaurant was delicious! But, the tour company in the hotel, Golden Pyramid Travel, was EXCELLENT!!! I cannot say enough nice things about these wonderful people! They took care of all my tours from start to finish. My driver was always on time and was great! They all looked out for me, as I was a single female travelling alone. They always made sure I was safe and went above and beyond to make certain my first trip to Egypt was a great one. And thanks to them, it was!! I was a bit skeptical travelling to Egypt alone, given the circumstances, but please believe, I never encountered any problem of any sort the 8 days I was there. This was one of the best trips I have taken! If you have ever wanted to visit Egypt, do it! You will not regret it.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor, and I heard noise from the traffic.But, it's Egypt, you get used to it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tonya D
The Netherlands
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in the Horizon Pyramids hotel last week from 20-2 till 23-2. Housekeeping was poorly; the glasses in the bathroom were never cleaned, the toilet flush had no force and we had great difficulties to get writh of a big poopy. There was blood on my blanket......

Coffee at breakfast looked like tea and tasted of nothing..... I need a good cup of coffee in the morning. Great disappointment.

On our day of arrival we stayed in the hotel for dinner. We would be picked up 45 minutes later in orde to see the Sound and Light show at pyramids area. We were ashured or food would come in time. We had 10 minutes to eat our food. 2 of us ordered Croque Monsieur which was cold. My sister in law has a gluten allergy and ordered a seafood salad. When the food came she got a plate of plain lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. She was told that there was wheat in the seafood. Without asking or offering a substitute they gave her a plate of rabbitfood.

The hotel is very modern even minimalistic. I like a bit more oriental.

All in all very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family