“Overall Experience”

Aracan Pyramids Hotel
Ranked #25 of 42 Hotels in Giza
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had a great experience and I definitely recommend this hotel. The staff felt more like friends and they were very hospitable. The ATM in the lobby was a good addition.

I would recommend upgrading your room to one with a balcony, it is only $10 a day more and is well worth it with a nice view of the pyramids (when the smog cleared from Cairo).

The pool was nice, but I was so busy touring around that I didn't utilize it much. The Taxi service was similar pricing as all of the other tours I used.

I would highly recommend asking for Abdul-Atef if you use the Taxi service. I wanted to see what the locals did for fun and was a bit intimidated going out myself, so I had him take me out and I had a great time. Abdul-Atef is a great person and really makes sure that you enjoy your experience with him.

This is a once in a lifetime trip and I would not have changed one thing about it if I were to do it all again. Thank you to the hotel and Taxi Service for making this such a pleasant trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JSHARK93
There are newer reviews for Aracan Pyramids Hotel

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We only stayed in Cairo a week and for that the hotel was fine. Nothing too exciting to say. Location was ok and staff were ok. In whole the hotel was OK!

However we do highly recommend booking any tours via the hotel. We booked through them and the tour operator Ahmed was great. He told us what to be careful of and gave us great tips for the rest of our stay. The driver we had was Khalid and he was also friendly and very knowledgable.

Just a tip when out and about you will get ripped off but if you are getting charged 400 Egyptian pounds always haggle more than 50%!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Thanks to Mohammed and Farid who made our trip the best time we could possibly have in the week we stayed in Egypt. this was down to their great organising of our daily excursions and their ideas to give us the best holiday we could have for the time that we were there for. Thanks guys. I would recommend this place to everyone..

Louis and Annie

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank louis s
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We lazed by the pool, got a free chocolate milkshake, slept in when we wanted despite being in a room that overlooked a busy road and our every want and need was pandered to by every member of staff. One man at the gift shop ran off down the road on a mission to get me another adaptor as the one he'd sold me from the shop didnt work. Mohammed from the tour desk chatted to us everyday like we were great mates. Shariff, our driver (organised for us by Mohammed) took us absolutely anywhere we wanted to go with much tourist information, tips and advice and local knowledge given, all together with boundless charm and compliments paid our way haha.
As me and my friend went in the aftermath of the revolution and unrest in Egypt there were obviously way less tourists than Cairo is used to. The only bad side to this that we noticed was maybe that the hawkers on the streets were more pushy having less customers to gain their income (though i know theyre quite bad anyway) Also the pair of us stood out immensly being a blonde and ginger with blue eyes, but however much the men gawk at you and shout praise and admiration of your appearance at you in whatever european language they can think of, they never touch or grab at you. So although intimidating at the begining, by the end of our trip we almost expected it and had had more marrige proposals than we could count on our fingers. so a confidence boost at least. :P
Anyhow, we had a great stay, made all the more memorable by Mohammed and Shariff who gave us a great laugh everytime he drove us about Cairo.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

It's taken me a long time to get around to doing this, but I promised Shariffe that we would, so we stayed at the end of March 2012. We weren't fussy over the hotel, my friend Erin wanted to stay in a hostel and I wanted safety and comfort - so we settled for something in between. The hotel itself was bright and cheerful, with attentive staff. There obviously weren't many people there - we didn't see any English tourists for our whole stay, so they seemed to be overly attentive because of this.
We only ate in the hotel on one evening, in the bar on the first floor which overlooks the fountains at the front. It was perfectly nice. The rest of the time we ate from local venders - a really nice kebab place about 30 yards from the hotel with really good falaffals. We ate fresh fruit for breakfast etc. Our driver Shariffe always sorted out lunch for us.
One of the belboys ushered us to the tour desk and a very helpful Mohammed talked us through the tours we could go on. We went to the pyramids in Giza for a very reasonable price (around 30 USD for both of us I think it was) - this was on our first day so we were totally ripped off when we got there, language barrier was an issue. On the same day we went to the temple of the steps and the Imhotep Museum, which was great, again, there were no tourists there, so it was a little eerie. Shariffe was great and tried to tell us as much info as possible about everything. We were fast friends by the end of day one. We went out with Shariffe on three of the days during our 5 day visit, each day a very reasonable price. I managed to sell my best friend to Shariffe for 500 camels, a very reasonable price!
One thing I would say, if you are a woman going to Egypt alone, be prepared to be leered at like mad, every single man you walk past will make a comment about your appearance, tell you they love you, or even whisper '5 million camels' under their breath. This takes a couple of days to get used to, but it just made us laugh in the end. Ignore them and pretend to be flattered - that's all you can do!
Anyway, to conclude, eat out locally, ask for Shariffe to drive you about and ignore leery men, you'll have a great time.

2  Thank Lucindraluck
Reviewed April 13, 2012

So loud you can't sleep even with ear plugs in. The food at one of our breakfasts was stale and moldy bread with rotten eggs. Showers go from freezing to scalding in a second with no warning. Only upside to this hotel is the wonderful staff!

Room Tip: Don't believe them when they say that higher up is quieter.
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The hotel is excellent with service, food & service. Security is great and good support from toursim police in case of any problem. Staff friendly and Hotel Taxi is expensive and if you think it's hard for you to have taxi from outisde then you can contact Mohammed Ismael at Hotel Taxi counter.

But if you can manage outside taxi somehow it will damn cheap and can have cost cutting with a Meter Taxi ( with no cheating in rates)

Over all Great and recommended hotel and i would prefer same hotel for future trips.

Room Tip: The outside main road balcony is great but noisy from the street traffic but you see pyramid from ba...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo