$104
Hotels.com
$67
$76
  • Breakfast included
Guardian Guest House(Giza)(Great Value!)
$39
  • Breakfast included
Pyramids View Inn(Giza)(Great Value!)
$40
$70
  • Restaurant
3,420 results
All reviewsle meridienpyramid viewtex mexpool areaswim up barbreakfast buffetnile cruiseegyptian poundsbottled waternew wingtour companymain restaurantdowntown cairogreat pyramidegyptian museumfelt very safelobby
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Just returned from a touring holiday of Egypt with my husband and we stayed for three nights at Le Meridien Pyramids. We did not pay to upgrade to a pyramids view room, but the normal rooms were more than adequate. King size bed which was nice and comfy with nice sheets and fluffy pillows. The breakfast buffet was more than adequate for all nationalities, however, they could have provided more fresh fruit. The staff were very helpful and kind most of the time. I can understand the comments regarding traffic noise around the hotel. I would suggest ear plugs for those vistors who do not live in a big cities and are not used to the noise throughout the night.

There is construction on-going at the pool area which would make complete relaxation a bit impossible. However, when this is finished, you will still be able to hear the heavy traffic from the pool area. Complete relaxation within the Cairo city limits is not possible in my own opinion. Overall, I would rate this hotel as international four star with no hesitations. No hotel is ever going to be a perfect experience, and I certainly do not understand the negative reviews.

I will issue a word of caution at this point that the hotel staff may be nice but remain on your guard at all times throughout your visit. One member of the reception staff managed to suck my husband into a conversation about English football at the front of the hotel and we ended up locked into his perfume store up the road and intimidated into buying perfume oils for which he was charged astronomical prices. I was aware of the hustlers and scams via the forum posts on Egypt, but I did not expect this from hotel staff. We did get sucked in, however, this individual took full advantage of the situation as he had checked us into the hotel hours earlier and was aware we had traveled all day and were very tired. Lesson learned on the first day of our trip, but hoprfully this will save someone else from falling into the trap!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank williamsj33
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I had low expectations for this hotel based on the reviews, but was so delighted when we got there. The hotel (4th floor and above) has excellent views of the pyramids. The restaurants were good, rooms were nicely sized, and this was a great spot from which to explore the pyramids.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The pool area was nice. We traveled with two young kids - 5 and 7 - and really liked it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ctobriens
Reviewed April 1, 2010

stayed at this hotel for 3 nights after a 7 day nile cruise on the MS monica.
We found this hotel very pleasant, food was quite good, rooms were nice, we didnt have a pyramid view but we were not expecting to be that lucky. Even though the traffic outside was very busy we found the double galzing quite adequate and slept just fine.
Sat around the pool on the last afternoon, but there was constant banging from the building works so not as relaxing as we had hoped. (we were never told we could go to another hotels pool nearby - as i have just read on trip advisor that we could have).
Didnt find the staff very friendly or smiley, but probably spoilt by the the friendly staff on the cruise (see below)

I would like to write about MS monica on here as there doesnt seem to be categories for the cruises.
We really enjoyed our cruise, albeit very full on sight-seeing, lots of early mornings but worth it. Our guide 'Imir' was very good and was so enthusiastic and informative, that we almost made sense of all the gods, pharoahs etc. The boat's good points included nice reception, restaurant and bar areas, and the balconies were a real bonus as not all the cruise ships had them. Food was not brilliant but you can live on it, the rooms were very tired and tatty, but all the friendly staff made the few bad points somehow insignificant.
Quite a few guests were ill with Pharoahs revenge, but at different times, so i came to the conclusion it wasnt the food or drink, it was probably due to public toilets, shaking hands with the locals, or they even said it was handling their money (which is supposed to be very dirty). Tip: take some bacterial handcream, so you can blip your hands every now and then when off the boat.
All in all a once in a lifetime trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank C0rnishlass
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This is one of the 4 hotels that we had stayed at during our recent visit to Egypt covering Cairo and Luxor. So comparisons are bound to be made with these other hotels: Novotel El Borg (on Zamalek), Sheraton Luxor Hotel and Sofitel Elgezira (on Zamalek).

Negatives:
- We booked online at the hotel's website because of the lowest rate guarantee. Within 24 hours, we found a cheaper rate at another website, which also includes breakfast as part of the package. Emailed a claim through the hotel group website for this and got a rather prompt but disappointing reply which stated that the other website's offer is a "package" involving other vendors or something offering the breakfast - so they are not obliged to give any refund on the difference. Frankly to me as a customer, I don't care if it's a package or what not, I'd choose cheaper price with better package any time of the day. I mean, even if the "package" doesn't offer the breakfast, the rate is still cheaper than quoted by Le Meridien itself. Moral of the story: Never trust the "best rate guarantee" :-)

- We emailed the hotel directly for some assistance and only got a reply almost 4 days later by which time it was already too late. Admittedly however after the first reply, subsequent email replies have been quite prompt, i.e. within a day.

- We arrived late at night (well past midnight) and even though the check-in was smooth, the bellman still followed the presumably "standard procedure" of showing "this is the way to pool... that is the cash station... this shop sells this... this souvenir shop sells that...", etc. on the way to our room. Probably a good idea during day time, but definitely not late at night when all we wanted to do was go to bed after a long flight :-)

- Room is a bit dated for a Le Meridien. The TV is not even a flat screen. If anyone pays for the pyramids-view rooms, that's what exactly they are paying for, the view of the pyramids, and not anything else. I mean, we paid for a city-view room and got upgraded, but still we didn't feel the room itself was worth the money. This hotel is by the way, the 2nd most expensive hotel for our itinerary in Egypt.

- There's still construction going on in the area adjacent to the pool. We were not disturbed while we were in the room (but then we checked out at around 7.30am) but we don't think it would have been relaxing to chill out by the pool.

Positives:
+ Check-in was smooth and we got upgraded without asking for it. Actually we didn't know about it until the next morning when we opened the window curtain and saw the pyramids right in front of our room! :-) (Check out the photos)

+ The ambience in the lobby. Plenty of shops.

+ The proximity to the Giza pyramids. Think it's the 2nd closest "branded" hotel to the pyramids after Mena House Oberoi.

Overall, we probably should have just stayed in central Cairo instead at a cheaper hotel like Novotel El Borg (on Zamalek), and spend the difference in cost on a day trip to Giza and possibly other places as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I had racked up a bunch of Starwood points and booked for 2 nights that were free. I wanted a view of the Pyramids and didn't know which room I would get and assumed we would get the worst since it was free. Well the reception gave us a room on the 5th floor with a view of the pyramids which were somewhat obstructed by other buildings, but they can be seen clearly from the room. The room was clean and decent, but the A/C seemed like it wasn't working and I notified the front desk and they stated that it is centrally controlled. Well it was kind of hot for being March and wished that the controls were available for the guest's preference. We ate at the free breakfast every morning which was decent, but it seems like this is the hotel of choice for tours. We also had to pay for the use of the internet at this hotel as well. I don't recall the price, but we did order room service and get our laundry done at the hotel. We also ate at a Tex/Mex restaurant and it was ok. They left the door open to the outside and we were getting bit by mosquitoes. Over a 2 day period we racked up $150 worth of room fees. It was a decent hotel, but definitely not 5 star compared to U.S. standards. I am glad that I had enough Starwood points to stay 2 nights for free. Also the downside other than the high cost of wi-fi was the constant banging of construction from sun up to sun down. They are doing major renovations. So no access to the pool, but offered a complimentary shuttle to another hotel's pool which we did not use. The area around the hotel is kind of sketchy. Overall a decent experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple