“Excellent hotel and spa, and breathtaking view”

Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Giza
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights only in June and had the best time in Egypt. Besides to what everybody says to avoid staying in gizah, I would say the opposite, avoid staying in Cairo, specially now!

I have to say that this hotel is stunning, the views are breathtaking. I went to the pool in between touring/sightseeing and I was amazed to be right in front of 2 of the 3 pyramids.

This image is so iconic, that it's like being in a dream to see them while swiming or having lunch. I was absolutely amazed, as you don't sleep less than 5 blocks from one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world every day!!!

The hotel is a "bang for the buck." The gym, spa facilities are superb, the food and menu are great, and even the Tex-Mex restaurant is fantastic!

Their shuttle service is great, and the tour company they work with gave us a great price for a day trip to Alexandria. Tarek the driver/guide is an ex-military, ex-bodyguard so he took care of all the hassle.

And last but not least, this place is more secure than a bank! cameras, security guards, they scan your bags when you get in at any time. So security is not an issue if you stay with them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cesar G
LeMeridienPyramids1, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa.

Your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff are very much appreciated and will be passed on to all concerned.

Looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

location stunning. hotel excellent though a few things could have been improved
a. money exchange - check this carefully as i was short changed - quickly rectified but not sure how much of a mistake it was.
b. communcation - if you dont get the answer you expect from the front desk keep trying. we had upgraded to club and on arrival were told no club facilities and complimentary drinks, as promised by our agent. the next day? we were told which bar we could get the drinks from.
c. v odd having an opaque glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom - quite disconcerting as you could see through it......
overall though a lovely hotel - v comfy, spa facilities great, views superb and i would be happy to go back

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank trekkerKent
LeMeridienPyramids1, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Your kind comments regarding our hotel are very much appreciated.

There is absolutely no excuse for the breakdown in our internal communications you encountered. I would like to advise you that positive remedial action have already been taken to ensure a similar situation does not recur.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel really blew me away. I live in a beautiful English home , Carr Hall Castle and take immense pride in it, and love to look at our lovely countryside scenery but I have to say the views from this hotel are just awesome.

The pyramids are so iconic, a manmade wonder of the world and to stay in this hotel and be able to see them throughout your stay just fascinated me. I can’t normally sit still for long, however this view really captivated my attention .

My favourite spot was in the pool bar which is located on an island over the swimming pools and had lots of shade so you could sit outside and not overheat. It is a nice heat anyway though and not too stifling. The pools look beautiful when they are lit up at night.

The reception area of the hotel is lovely with lots of marble. I stayed in a suite which was enormous – far too big for me on my own as I felt I didn’t use most of it but nevertheless a real treat.

The hotel staff I found to be very friendly and made me feel very relaxed and welcome. It seems like they really enjoy working there.
I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet too it was amazing and catered for English tastes.
I also sampled the Laredo which is a tex mex restaurant and also the Mediterranean restaurant is worth a visit too.

I made use of the lovely spa had a fabulous hot stone massage which I really enjoyed and relaxed me.

I picked up a tuk tuk at night which took me around the Pyramid street and you can drink tea with the locals, and if you’re daring enough you can do a moonlight horse ride through the desert, but I didn’t take it up.

Even though I’d seen the pyramids before I never got tired of looking at such an amazing piece of ancient history, and this hotel is definitely the place to see them from.

Room Tip: Ensure you book a Pyramid view and if you can afford to go for a suite. Keep the net curtains closed...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TerryGeorge_UK
LeMeridienPyramids1, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had booked the pyramids view room and you truly get your money's worth. It is absolutely breathtaking.
The hotel is comfortable service is great except may be at the pool bar when if you order a drink 10 minutes before it closes they refuse your order. Really?
Bedding is great, square footage also, the swimming pools are fantastic except that the wall almost completely blocks the pyramid view. Half of this wall should be glass to allow a better of these treasures.
My card was swallowed by the ATM machine, and the hotel manager saw it, opened the machine and gave me my card back right away. Talk about service!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nadegesl

Dear Guest,

Your kind comments regarding our hotel are very much appreciated.

There is certainly no excuse for the poor standards and service you received from the Pool Bar. I would like to assure you that your comments have now been discussed with all concerned to ensure that a similar situation does not recur.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

A welcome drink of cold juice was offered on our arrival. We stayed here for 1 week and paid for additional breakfast for the week for 2 people. Breakfast starts at 3:30am! until 10:30am..an incredible 7 hour time slot. The food was 5 star throughout, breakfast lunch and dinner. The surroundings are beautiful, the pyramids beyond the pool amazing. There is a spa for treatments also. In your room there is a voucher that allows you 2 free cappuccinos/coffee from Illy's café in the reception. The pool is cleaned meticulously on a daily basis and there is a choice of pools. The pool bar staff seem to be a bit rude and arrogant especially Achmed and his friend with blondish coloured hair in a GI crew cut style, who were particularly rude by laughing in our faces and pointing and laughing at me personally. The staff in the rest of the hotel were friendly and accommodating. The dining room staff were brilliant and helpful. The rooms were excellent with everything you need in place, except tea and coffee making facilities which you would ordinarily expect from a 5 star hotel. This was a total relaxing week with no hassles from hawkers etc that you get at the ancient sites. compliments to the wonderful chefs and their wonderful food, this also applies to all the staff of the Laredo Tex-Mex restaurant, who welcome you always and can cook a mean meal! We love this hotel..thank you for making a stay in Egypt brilliant.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the 2nd floor, it was lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank davecave
LeMeridienPyramids1, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

There is absolutely no excuse for the poor staff attitude you encountered at the pool bar. I would like to advise you that positive remedial action have already been taken to ensure a similar situation does not recur.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I initially booked 2 hotels. This one for it's proximity to the pyramids. I was really looking forward to my trip to Cairo, until recent events. It seems like Cairo is teetering on the edge of a civil war. After the FCO issued updated travel warnings telling all Americans to defer travel to Cairo and only go for ESSENTIAL travel. Not to mention other countries issued similar travel warnings to their citizens. I decided It would not be wise to put my wife's and my lives at risk. So I canceled my trip. The other hotel gladly excepted my cancellation request (it was a no refund policy) and issued a refund.

Everyone issued me a refund saying they understood that I could not have foreseen what happened and I had no control on the situation. But THIS particular hotel refused to issue a refund. Saying it was against their policy. I was not just randomly asking to cancel because I want to book at another hotel, or because I just don't want to go to Egypt anymore. The other hotels, airlines, and tours fully refunded me and they had the same policies.

I do know that when I do make another trip to Egypt (after things quiet down) I will NOT be staying here.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank K-Drama05
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Let's start with the good:
The room was clean, very comfortable and everything inside it works perfectly. The location is perfect, which is facing the pyramids! Also, I would recommend you to swim because the outdoor pool is HUGE and has beautiful view!! Staff was friendly and helpful. The one thing I love the most was the FOOD. The food tasted incredible and there were a lot of choices.

The bad:
There were limited channels available on TV (most in languages I can't understand). One has to pay for wifi which is ridiculous. Even a simple hostel provide it for free! Also, I noticed that the hotel didn't provide toothbrush and toothpaste at the bathroom. You have to ask for it at the reception desk. Not so much as a dealbreaker but I happen to forgot mine and I didn't see any convenience store nearby so I panicked a little. :P

Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chitten_U

Dear Guest,

There is absolutely no excuse for the poor standards you found in your room, and I would like to assure you that positive action has already been taken to ensure a similar situation does not recur.

You might also be interested to know that we do offer free wifi in our lobby.