“Quite comfortable with a nice view of the Pyramids”

Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Giza
California
“Quite comfortable with a nice view of the Pyramids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel is quite clean and comfortable, but there was not much facilities in the room (for example no hairdryer).
I enjoyed the view of the Pyramids, the hotel is located close enough that you can take a good picture of them.
The breakfast menu was varied and quite tasty.

Overall, the experience was quite pleasing and I wouldn't mind going back there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I didn't expect to stay in a hotel that is so close to the famous pyramid. When I opened my hotel window, I was surprised that the pyramid was there in front of me! You must stay in this hotel if you have a chance to go to Cairo. They have excellent service too.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank GraceSabandar
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I returned home last night after 3 nights in Cairo and 7 nights cruising down the Nile over the New Year booked through Orbital Travel.

Security seems paramount with sniffer dogs walking around any vehicle that enters the external premises and an x-ray machine for bags such as is applied within airports. The actual hotel is extremely clean and my room (which didn't have a pyramid view) didn't disappoint. I was only booked on a B and B basis (due to the fact that I was out visiting the sights which included a huge late lunch and so didn't need to eat a meal on two of the evenings) so can only give a comment on the breakfast which in my opinion was brilliant! Choices included a large variety of cereals, yogurt and fruits/juices, omelette and cooked breakfast station, rolls, hams, cheeses, pancakes, croissants etc etc. This was all laid out in a buffet style so as many visits were allowed.

The hotel for me was definately about the staff. I was travelling as a female on my own and I cannot overstate how warm and welcoming they all were. This was especially true at the New Year Gala dinner, even though I watched all the festivities at a table on my own, the waiters constantly came over to me to make sure I was alright and that I felt part of the evening. This meant a great deal to me and I thank them all very much.

I loved the "madness" of Cairo and wouldn't have missed it for the world. I personally feel quite surprised wit regard to some comments I have read on here before I left about the "noise" being unacceptable. Why travel to a different country expecting/wanting it to be the same as your own?!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Alyson266
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here twice - one night before the new year and once after - only had two nights in Cairo. First stay, they put us up in the old section. What a disappointment. The hotel has no slippers in the room and when we asked for hot drinking water to the be brought to the room, the person brought us a pot of hot water sans cups. And told us that we had not asked for cups.

Further more, that tipping culture is more of a begging culture. A tip is deserved and at my discretion, but when you stand there expecting and even informing us on how much we should give - not a good first night in Cairo.

Second stay - we were put up in the new wing. The rooms were amazing. I felt like I didn't want to leave. How can the same hotel have such different rooms?

Food was great. View of pyramids is amazing.

The hotel feels the need to donate to UNICEF on your behalf without asking you and just put it on your bill - was not amused by that.

And again - 'tipping' culture. Strange this is that this is only in Cairo. We travelled to other places and people were not begging us for money.

Overall - some friends in my group would come back but sorry Le Meridien, I'd not come back.

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a new year holiday and enjoyed a lot! The staff was extremely helpful . The view of the Giza pyramids is amazing from the swiming pool area and the rooms themselves are clean and in good condition.The hotel feels safe and secure (an important factor today), and hopping distance from the historic sites at Giza - but if you're looking for the hustle of downtown Cairo then this isn't the hotel for you.
First, we've got the room with no balcony, but after our request to change it - we've got the right one. Regarding cons - for five star hotel the room could be larger...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natia_K
Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

The view once the air had cleared from the early morning mist(smog?) was wonderful. We had a pyramid view room but to be honest it was not worth it, as they were not visible when we woke or went to bed due to the mist.

In the afternoon by the pool however the view was amazing. We walked upto the pyramids, which took about 10 minutes. Which means that you have to cross the very busy main road which the hotel sits on. It was a little like the scene with Eddie Murphy in Bowfinger but we made it. The hawkers are a nuisance, even the ones who look quite official and tell you you can't walk up there - you can.

If you haven't seen them then it is worth the vist and not expensive to get in. You cannot get too close to them, which protects them so no climbing on them as I did many years ago. But certainly worth it.

After that visit there is really not much else to do, we did walk around a little but got pestered so much it was not pleasant. My husband has no problem being rude but they are persistant.

There is a great TexMex restaurant and bar to eat in, but the menu in the main hotel is very good too. The main bar area is in reception, so not that welcoming. Pool bar is great.

Our room was not really quiet, so better sound proofing may help. And there is a really busy road just outside the hotel.

Service was very good and certainly made our stay pleasant.

Room Tip: It was not really worth the extra for the pyramid view as we could not see them when in our room - b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luvtogo6
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Pleasant hotel. Pool has a good view of pyramids. It is so close and we visited the pyramids for the sound and light show. Cairo Restaurant nearby is also very good.

Though the Egyptian museum is some distance away, they are planning to relocate it v near the pyramids so that would make this an ideal choice hotel.

Breakfast was a good spread and started early so that's good if you have an early flight.
We saw a wedding reception being celebrated as well and this is a safe and good choice.
Security is indeed impressive with small poles that retract into the ground, only after vehicles are checked. Not necessary as Egypt is really a wonderful and safe place. Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rosyy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giza
Mena House Hotel
Pyramids View Inn
#1 of 40 in Giza
Barcelo Cairo Pyramids
Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah

Been to Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!