$104
$229
$210
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Guardian Guest House(Giza)(Great Value!)
$44
$39
  • Breakfast included
Pyramids View Inn(Giza)(Great Value!)
$40
$35
$63
$56
$62
$45
  • Restaurant
3,439 results
All reviewsle meridienpyramid viewtex mexpool areaswim up barbreakfast buffetnile cruiseegyptian poundsbottled waternew wingtour companymain restaurantdowntown cairogreat pyramidegyptian museumfelt very safelobby
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We arrived very early in the morning and decided to use the hotel's car service. It costs a little more but we felt it was worth doing. We did this on the way back too. Make sure you get the prices with them straight and if youve paid, double check this-the between concierge and the car service was not good. Prices are not consistent either-paid more on the way back than we did on the way there.There is security with a sniffer dog on the way in, security is very good at the hotel in general.Tried to ask for a pyramid view upgrade but were told we had to pay an extra 25 USD per night which we didn't feel prepared to do as a lot of others got a free upgrade. Room we had was fine though, on the fifth floor with a back view of a street-not too noisy. Room was modern, clean and spacious and cleaned daily. As Egypt is a tipping country, we left a tip everyday for the cleaner but found the service we got in return for it varied - on two occasions we got slippers and bottled water, the rest of the time, we got nothing, they need to get the consistency of this right for a five star hotel. Minibar empty and bathroom was fine-nice big power shower too. Air conditioner very effective and cooled the room very fast.
Ate at all restaurants-Recipe left a lot to be desired but the mexican place was ok. My favourite was the bar by the pool-they do great pizzas. room service was good-try the lentil soup and shish taouk, both local, delicious food. Breakfast also nice.
The gym is great, recently updated and they have great facilities. Didnt use the spa unfortunatly. Loved the pool, nice pyramids view and a great way to relax and sunbake after a busy day sightseeing. We went first week of August so tourism was sparse which meant a nice quiet pool area! The service at the Citrus bar there is great, in fact could not fault the service from any of the staff throughout the hotel they were all very friendly and genuinely happy to have tourists in their country. It probably helped that we left them quite generous tips-usually about 10-20 LE which seems alot but was really only about £2-£5 which is nothing to us but a lot to them. Because of this, we were treated really well. The bar staff constantly asked us to go back there and were genuinely upset that we were leaving. Concierge, especially Mohammed were really good.

We used a tour guide the hotel recommended, for The Pyramids, Saqqara and The Egyptian Museum and Citadel. This is pricier but well worth doing especially if you venture out alone, you get hassled non stop by locals pretending to work for the hotel so just ignore them. We had Mostafa, a really nice, knowledgable guy who also took us to his friends' papyrus museum but we wernt pressured to buy at all and they stressed this to us before we went in. Worth paying the extra money to go into the Great Pyramid but be prepared to crouch the entire way up-still, a great experience.
Got an iffy tummy on last day of holiday, not too bad luckily and I was really careful with what i drank, I recommend you brush your teeth with bottled water, the water there is highly chlorinated due to the pollution and dirt in the Nile and not something you'd want to consume. My hubby brushed his with tap water by accident one night and that made his tummy worse. Keep antibacterial hand gel with you everywhere you go.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I would have rated it top marks but there are a couple of easily fixed things that let it down-no tea/coffee facilities in room although theres ample room for it (5 star hotels really should have this) bad communication re prices of things, no turn down service, and lack of supplies in bathroom (no showercap etc). Also needs a shop and a decent top class restaurant. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tashii24
Reviewed August 3, 2012

During my recent travels to the Middle East, I arrived in this hotel on July 9, 2012, fortunately I only stayed four days. Since the moment I checked in, I got a very negative feeling. The front desk man was a very arrogant man, I didn’t like his customer service and from that moment on it was hell. Although a five star hotel, Le Meridien Pyramids is located in the worst part of Cairo which it gives a very unsafe feeling to any tourist. The hotel is surrounded by deserted street filled with trash. I ventured out of the hotel only once because the neighborhood gave me the creeps! Men in Cairo are extremely aggressive sales people, I mean “EXTREMELY”
In addition the hotel was going through some major renovations and as a result it didn’t have any shops or boutiques. I forgot my bathing suit and there was no way for me to get one. The prices of the food in their restaurants were extremely high and the food is “HORRIBLE”. Twice I ordered room service; I had to send it back: scramble eggs in a pool of water and a Cesar salad that did resembled anything like it. It was awful!!!
I have traveled extensible and this is the only hotel where I had to pay for the use of the internet. Not everybody is keen on carrying laptops, I don’t, but I have always used the hotels’ internet without any charges….remember this is a five star hotel! The charges for the internet were some ridiculous amount $15.00 USD for 8 minutes. The phone charges are also very high. My experience in this hotel was very bad. Most people in the hotel were either rude or very unfriendly…. Maybe because I hold an American passport, I don’t know, but I know that if I ever travel to Egypt which I don’t think I ever want to come back, I wouldn’t stay at this hotel. I hated it!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to go and check the room before is assigned, mine was with a view to a filthy street
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Gloria H
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very close to the pyramids, and every morning you could plainly see them from our room. This spectacle plus the great buffet foods made this hotel a more than pleasant time while we were there.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank jomar75
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed at the LMPH between 20/7/2012 till 28/7/2012, 2 adults and 1 child,aged 7, we stayed in the new building (Starwood preferred Guests),our Room was 3095.
The Room was quiet and comfortable,situated on the 3rd floor,with 2 queen beds,large Flat Screen Television,plenty of Wardrobe space along with a large Safe which can acommodate a lap top with ease.The Air Conditioning was spot on.

The Bathroom has a walk in Shower with a awesome Shower-Head. A neat touch were the Night Lights in the Room, showing you the way to the Bathroom and even a little light in the toilet.
Ladies, please Note, Hair Dryer's are not provided,bring your own and dont forget your adaptors and Power Board for charging Phones,Video Cameras etc etc...

Checking in was painless,reception staff were great,all staff we met during our stay were very
helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

We stayed on b/b basis,the breakfast buffet has plenty of choice and is one of the best at any
place we have stayed in,we also had dinner at the Tex-Mex restaurant at the hotel,very nice
and also affordable.(we passed on the evening buffet at 185 Egyptian Pounds per head)

Arrange at reception to have the mini-bar in your room emptied,buy your water(small bottles)
or juices for the mini-bar from the Mobil gas station,out of hotel entrance turn left it's around
150 metres and its open 24/7,on the way there is a felfela take -away,all food is clean,tasty,
and cheap.

The swimming pools are great,imagine lying on your sun-bed looking at two of the pyramids,
(tops)towels are provided.

Two reservations,LMPH should provide free wi -fi in the public areas of the hotel for the use
of guests.
LMPH,should do more for children,at the present time there is nothing at all for them to do,only
the pool.

The Hotel is an ideal base for visiting the Giza pyramids and further afield,(Sakkara,Dashur,
Memphis etc.)and also the downtown area of Cairo.

Would I stay there again?,in a heartbeat

Room Tip: ask for pyramid view room,if hotel is not full,you might get lucky
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank aadyer46
LeMeridienPyramids1, General Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thanks a lot for your review, we are very happy you enjoyed our newly built pool area rooms and would like to inform you that hairdryers are provided in all rooms in the drawer not in the bathroom and dont worry about the adaptore because we provide them for your convenience free of charge. Looking forward to welcoming you at le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & spa.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was excited to stay at Le Meridien as part of a cruise tour package for Cairo, but was sorely disappointed in my room at this particular hotel. My friend and I arrived in the room and at first glance it looked like everything was ok. We were disappointed that we didn't have a view of the pyramids, but lived with it as it was just one night and we saw the pyramids that night and also the next day closer up. My friend went into the bathroom and was disgusted as there was a band-aid on the floor, a dead bug (thankfully it was dead!) in the bathtub and the toilet looked like it had been peed on and not cleaned. I love Starwood hotels and have only once had a similar experience with cleanliness (in Tucson). The sheets were also stained on my friend's bed, so we called the front desk and asked them to come clean the bathroom and change our sheets, which they did about an hour later.

Unfortunately, the cleaning of the toilet failed and we had to line the toilet everytime we used it. I've NEVER seen a toilet so disgusting in a hotel room before. Overall, I was extremely disappointed in this hotel as Starwood should really hold them to a higher standard. I would definitely recommend not staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: if you do choose to stay here, request a room with a view of the pyramids
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends