3,487 results
All reviewsle meridienpyramid viewtex mexpool areaswim up barbreakfast buffetnile cruiseegyptian poundsbottled waternew wingtour companymain restaurantdowntown cairogreat pyramidegyptian museumfelt very safelobby
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed at Le Meridien for 3 days after a 7 night Nile Cruise (which was fab, I would review but cannot find anywhere to post it!!). The Hotel is typically Le Meridien, very clean and modern and the staff were all very pleasant. There were problems with our rooms (2 couples), firstly they gave us twin bedded (we specifically asked for double beds), then they gave us rooms miles apart. I had emailed the Hotel and requested a pyramid view room as the holiday was my husbands 65th birthday celebration, the gent on reception had no note of this (and stupidly I had not brought a copy). After a couple of sessions with the reception staff we were given rooms together, overlooking the main (very noisy) roads. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, unfortunately there were many little things that needed fixing/sorting - phone did not work, neither showers worked very well, they both leaked everywhere and the air conditioning was intermittent in both rooms. Eventually we received notice that my email had been found and we were offered a move to a pyramid view room. By this time we had unpacked, been out for dinner and were ready for bed so we declined. We were given a free meal in the restaurant for our hassle which was excellent. It is a very good Hotel but the old wing (over the main roads) needs a bit of updating, the pyramid rooms are by far the best. The restaurant and the food is excellent, the buffet is massive and very high quality. The Laredo Tex-Mex restaurant is a pleasant experience, lovely staff and a good ambience. The food is plentiful!!! Overall Le Meridien is in a great location and is a quality Hotel.

Room Tip: Pyramid view rooms are outstanding, rooms overlooking the main roads are very noisy!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sandemac
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed here as a part of a tour and had a great stay here. I must say the highlight of my room (that were randomly assigned to us) was when I opened the curtian to find that we had a balcony and a view of 1 full pyramid and a half of another (we were on the 3rd floor). Nonetheless, with the great view of the pool AND the pyramids we felt like a couple of rockstars. As for the amenities of the room, I want to say that they were 5 star. There was a refrigerator, a long desk, a seating area with a chair and table and a first class closet that had light sensors. As for the bathroom, it was quite comfortable - the shower had a rain shower head and the water pressure was great. My only minor complaint was that the A/C was a little lacking, but then again I do like it pretty cold - you basically have to play with it a bit to get it running properly. The buffet at lunch and dinner in the restaurant downstairs, I would say is pretty decent and satisfy many (even the picky eaters). A great hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pyramids and a balcony - so worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angellica M
Reviewed June 27, 2012

An overnight stay at the Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel was truly an experience. Talk about a room with a view! Looking over the Hotel's pool, your view consists of 2 of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Upon arrival we were presented with our room keys; already checked in. They directed us to a wonderful buffet all set up for our group. Our next stop was our luxurious room. 5-Star comfort for sure. Although many had warned us of 2nd rate accomodations and security concerns while visiting Cairo, we felt absolutely safe and very much enjoyed the 5-Star treatment received at the Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room with a western view for the best view of the Pyramids. Cannot comment on the value as the stay was part of an all-inclusive 2 day tour.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2012

A great value for money, we have booked this hotel through booking.com.. the price was only 50 dollars per person. The room was huge and with all comforts, the brakfast is buffet, you can practically eat there and miss the lunch... The fantastic swimming pool with a view.. we hoped to see the pyramids from the swimming pool and no luck, maybe some fog, but we did see the pyramids from the room!!! I WOULD CERTAINLY RETURN THERE!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ELENA R
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in the Hotel June 2012. Room, staff, food, cleaniness and environement first class, from check in to check out. Reception, foyer, dining rooms and service World class. I would definately place this hotel on my # 1 place of stay whilst in Cairo. A truly amazing time as a mature lady travelling on her own.

Room Tip: Deluxe room with view of the Pyramids.....Amazing to wake up each morning to .
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo