“Get what you pay for”

Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in Giza
Germany
“Get what you pay for”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

It is lovely city but Hotels are not at western standard.
I stay in Paris at 1 star Hotel and this 1 star was much better !!
So if you plan to visit Cairo stay min at 4 star to get max. 3 star service....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ikoras

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
london
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Worst hotel i have stayed at in my life. Dirty beds , dirty showers and the pool was green. We arrived at 2am and checked out 5 hours later after booking another hotel. I am very supprised that Virgin sells this hotel and would not reccommed it to anyone. I was advised by a taxi driver that the hotel is used by Prostitutes for their buisness which when you see it you can believe. DO NOT STAY HERE IT IS THE HOTEL FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Giza hotels

kings langley
Reviewed August 13, 2009

The Siag Pyramids Hotel, Giza, Cairo
when we arrived at this hotel , we were horrified, my 9 year old daughter was really close to tears when she saw the swimming pool (which was green, with thick green slime on the top) we then went to the bar, and there were cockroaches crawling all over the surfaces and the glasses, the bar tender was screaming abuse at a customer who was complaining about the state of the hotel, The carpets throughout the hotel were thread bare and terribly stained, the wallpaper was peeling off, the air conditioning only worked in the rooms, the butter in the resturants was not chilled so had turned to smelly cheese, there were mould and damp patches on the ceiling, the food was disgusting, dinner was meant to be served from 6pm, customers were complaining that the previous evening they had not got dinner until gone 11pm and it was foul. When we got to our rooms, the bath in them had been hand paintedm (over the dirty tide marks) i have never seen such a dirty bath, the shower did not work, the fridge did not work, the tv did not work, the bed linen was dirty, the pillows were flat and really old and badly stained. there was thick dust throughout the entire hotel, the brass staircase had not been cleaned for years and was also green, all in all this hotel was like something out of a horror film, we had no choice but to stay the first night, but had to book in to another hotel the next day, which eat into our spending money, but was well worth it. The siag hotel was built in about 1970 and had not been cleaned or maintained since, absolutley awful,DO NOT GO THERE IT WILL RUIN YOUR ENTIRE HOLIDAY, THE MOST DISGUSTING SESS PIT YOU COULD IMAGINE. It should have been bulldozed to the ground years ago.

1 Thank lorrainemadeira
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We arrived on Wednesday evening, 8th August. After a long and very hot trip from the airport, we found ourselves in the worst hotel I have EVER had the misfortune to visit. How they have the nerve to class it as a 4* hotel, I will never understand. On first impressions it seemed quite grand, but on closer inspection it was obvious the place hadn't been cleaned in years, probably since it opened! All the brass adornments were dusty and the carpets and furnishings were tatty and also dusty. Even the reception desk was tatty. I went with my friend and her 9 year old daughter, who had been SO excited about this holiday and was chomping at the bit to go swimming. So after taking our luggage up to our rooms - which were very shabby, don't think the bath had been cleaned in years and years, wallpaper was falling off the walls, there were damp patches on the ceilings, the lamps in my room didn't work, the list goes on.... - we got changed and went down the look at the pool. IT WAS GREEN AND SLIMEY!!! There was an oily scum floating on the top of the "water". It was absolutely disgusting. We were horrified, and my friend's poor daughter was really upset. We decided there and then we couldn't stay there for a whole week, we would have all been miserable. However, it was quite late by then so we decided to have a drink before going to look for an alternative place to stay. We stood at the bar and ordered our drinks, and a nice family from London started chatting to us, telling us how awful the hotel is (they had already been there for a few days) - they said they ate out every day, despite being half-board, the only meal they tolerated was breakfast. The guy behind the desk started shouting at them, telling them not to tell stories to us about his hotel, as if we couldn't see for ourselves what a shambles it was! He really shouted at this guy, was very unreasonable. As they were arguing, I noticed some cockroaches climbing all over the glasses in the bar, and I saw dirty dishes in the washing up bowl of filthy water that had obviously been there for days. At this point I felt almost physically sick. We stayed one night, and breakfast was a nightmare I opened my pat of butter and was almost sick - it smelt of cheese, and was obviosuly badly rancid. All the food was stale and sweaty. It was disgusting. That morning, we managed to find a lovely hotel which I would highly recommend, the Grand Pyramids Hotel, which is just down the same road on the other side from the Siag. This part of Giza is generally dirty, smelly, noisy and dusty, but the Grand Pyramids Hotel was a small bit of paradise amongst the rubble! And although we had to use up a lot of our spending money to stay there, it was worth every penny. The staff constantly attended to the grounds and surroundings, it was clean and tidy, with lovely fresh food. And it had a CLEAN, BLUE swimming pool and not a cockroach in site!!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE keep away from the Siag Pyramids Hotel - I can't describe how awful it is, it is a hell-hole, and you will be very miserable if you stay there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Kolkata
Reviewed April 21, 2009

An old joint in the pyramids area of Cairo,

The building is old and in need of renovation, carpets are dirty, rooms are clean but very shabby.
Service is also poor

Cheap place though and if you are looking for a low cost solution , this is it.
Breakfast buffet is decent but nothing special.

You can see the pyramids for your room.
The place is past its glory days and is really old....
there are two nightclubs on the top floor
recommended for young travellers only.

Staff are generally cooperative.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Awfull, Awfull, awfull!!!
My tour operator changed my hotel and i had to stay in Siag for 2 nights. I've never seen something bad like that. The hotel is dirty, breakfast poor and also dirty,
In the reception desk they gave me a special room...oh my good...was a joke. Room was very dirty with dust everywhere. The sheets were not changed frm last gest, I think there were hairs on the sheets which I am still trying not to think about. In the bathroom, the bath rug had dirt and blood stains on it. The toilet had pee and curly hair stains under the seat.
Please don't go to this place, will be the bigest nigthmare in your life.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo