“Empty Parking lot means great views for as long as you want”
Review of Pyramids of Giza

$100.00*
Giza and Memphis Private Day Tour from Cairo
Ranked #1 of 83 things to do in Giza
More attraction details
Owner description: Perhaps the most recognizable among the Seven Wonders of the World, the exact origin of these majestic pyramids continues to spark debate.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Pyramids were empty with only a handful of tourist seeing them. Such a luxury for those of us there as we could stop to take pictures anywhere as well as enjoy the vista uninterrupted with crowds of people. The sellers were respectful but it was obvious they need more business. They enjoyed the bargaining and encourged us to tell our friends to visit. This is a unique place as the pyramids were only built over 160 years.

1  Thank ExpatfromMN
There are newer reviews for Pyramids of Giza

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Everytime I go to see them, they take my breath away... Last time I went was in July 2013 and it was perfect because there were no sellers around and you could enjoy the pyramids as much as you want, without hassle.
It is highly recommended to visit them right now, because they are not crowded with tourists or sellers.
It is a place that I always want to come back to.

1  Thank Roxy L
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you only saw one thing while you were in Egypt this has to be it, make time to go inside and have a camel ride while your there. You can't believe the size until you see it first hand

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was awe struck when I saw how massive the pyramids are...what an experience! The people that are there trying to sell something to you are annoying! Be very careful.!

1  Thank Victoria963
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visiting the Pyramids was my childhood wish and when it did come true, I was amazed totally...!!! truly a remarkable piece of construction and being an engineer myself, I was wondering how did those guys made this happen so many years ago when they had no cranes or heavy machinery...truly a remarkable human accomplishment.
Being there and getting close to the magnificent pyramids is once in a lifetime experience.
We were there in December 2012 when the media was busy highlighting the negativity of Egypt. Trust me, at that time there was nothing to worry about. The tourists were totally safe and the protests (if any) happened on specific times and specific places therefore our guide and driver used to avoid going there. We even went to the Egyptian Museum situated at the most unrest place according to the media but we were surprised to see that there was nothing to worry about as I said, the protests were time based.
About the Pyramids, we went there with local guide and driver and were already briefed to be careful talking with anybody offering any ride or anything. The place is amazing but being spoilt by these vendors who would circle around you to sell/offer their stuff for money. Had these vendors being controlled and placed outside the gate, the tourists will enjoy to the fullest, their experience of being at the Pyramids.

1  Thank sasoomro