“Working Holiday”

$100.00*
Giza and Memphis Private Day Tour from Cairo
Ranked #1 of 84 things to do in Giza
More attraction details
Owner description: Perhaps the most recognizable among the Seven Wonders of the World, the exact origin of these majestic pyramids continues to spark debate.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Beathtaking but beware of sand storms. If you want to have a photo taken of you with a camel they will charge you

Write a ReviewReviews (5,509)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was able to go to the pyramids with my guide and driver I had hired for the day. Be aware that if someone you are with arranges horse rides, camel rides or takes you shopping just outside the pyramids they will make commission from your purchase. While I was in the pyramid, the power went off and they prevented anyone else coming in while it was so dark inside. I got to go up to the chamber and the lights came back on while I was in the room. It was pretty cool, I got to spend time and see what I wanted with no crowds and a guy inside telling me all about it! One more thing checked off the bucket list!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The pyramids were exactly what I imagined them to be - massive and dominating. They really are larger than life and take you back to the era of the pharaohs. Don't bother going all the way down though. It's totally empty down there, nothing to see but 3 big vacant rooms. The peddlers and beggars in the area are a bit annoying and it's best to completely ignore them.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The cherry on top of the cake, the pyramids at Giza!

Overall satisfaction score  (0-10).         10.0

This was my last visit in Egypt and is hard to say that it was the best because I enjoyed many magnificent temples and tombs, but the pyramids and the sphinx have a particular taste. I had a special feeling when I was able to admire this fantastic monuments built thousands of years ago. They wanted to leave a mark of their existence and they did it at grand scale.

Simply fantastic! Don't miss it!

WARNING . The people at  Giza are the most aggressive I ever seen.  Be careful with the people selling stuff in there, if you don't have a real interest to buy don't even acknowledge them because ones you even say NO, looks like they hear yes and they'll keep offering their things for a long time. Ignoring them is really hard sometimes,  because some of them are very young and cute kids.

WARNING 2. The people around the temple, hired by the site,  will offer you to pose for your pictures or give information or take pictures with your group and after doing that they will ask for money. Don't give your camera or any other of your belongings to nobody.

1  Thank M C
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been reading about the Giza Pyramids since our grade school days. Viewing them in person is really uplifting and inspiring. The grandeur and spectacle of the site is a must see for everyone who loves history and antiquity.