Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM

from $38.60
from $13.10
from $14.29
4,211 results
All reviews camel ride great pyramid seven wonders bucket list ancient world tour guide tourist police egyptian pounds taxi driver awe inspiring once in a lifetime sheer size dream come true take photos visit egypt burial chamber ancient egyptians
Reviewed yesterday

I visited the pyramids last week, it was Friday and the streets are empty, we arrived there and it was really crowded,
it is impression you get the first mn you are in the presence of the pyramids even somehow magical. However, this site is so chaotic, even the fees of entry depends on your nationality, racism??
there is no information what to expect inside the big pyramid, there is a tiny very long tube inside of it that you must walk without being about to stand up with many persons at the same time, there barely air to breath so sick people might literally faint so take care. Beside this many people outside the pyramids try to be nice with you to offer you information, ride, souvenir, to photograph you, it is basically to ask you money and there is no control on this it is really very chaotic!

Reviewed yesterday

Fantastic - loved it. Had always wanted to visit since the age of 10 (now in my 60's) and it did not disappoint. Hundreds of tourists, coaches, etc there but space for everyone and definitely a MUST SEE.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I actually went there a few years back but am only getting down to catch up on my reviews now. TripAdvisor only lets me add this years months to my timeline. But from what I remember I took a cab from my hotel close to the Pyramids and when I reached the site was only opening in the morning. I was the first one (and the only one there) for a long time. It was quite amazing to literally have the whole place to myself. But be careful of the locals and the camel guys trying to hustle you.

Amazing place!
Worth visiting and spending time in this wonderful energy and place!
Good with the guide who shared his knowledge and giving us access to some special places!

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

One of the best history at all time with great views to see but the ministry of tourism should take care of it more , from the people who follow you all your trip inside asking if you need tour guides till the end of it , I hope they put more signs and information inside .

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Just a quick one to let people know that the prices have changed! From now an adult foreigner is 160 egp for entry to the giza plateau. For the entrance to pyramid of Menkaure is 50 egp the pyramid of king khafre is 100 egp and to the great pyramid (khufu) 360 egp. Hope this helps!

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Our visit with our two adult children (there's no option to choose that) was amazing.
A local man organised our outing for us and it was excellent. We rode camels and horses to the pyramids with two lovely men as our guides. Mohammed brought us to the best photo spots and around the pyramids.
Every man in or around the pyramids expects to be tipped, usually for nothing. The tipping is outrageous and tourists are hassled into paying. Its the downside to visiting Egypt. Everyone expects to be tipped even when you have asked nothing of them.
The pyramids are wonderful. To see painted scenes and hieroglyphics with colours so vibrant after 5000 years is incredible. It's rather overwhelming and awesome at the same time.
Unfortunately many tourists have no respect for this place. The climb all over the pyramids as if they were in a children's playground.

Reviewed 5 days ago

These are indeed a wonder of the world, what an experience, get the feel of ancient Egyptian culture

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Truly marvellous, stunning views. Don’t be tempted to do this on your own. We arranged a full day with guide in aircon mini van for 4 persons £68 each including lunch. Best to start early. We spent morning visiting the pyramids and sphinx and the afternoon at Saqqara temple complex. You can get up close to all and photo opps are incredible. You can also go inside the main Pyramid but note, you have steep walks, very enclosed and you climb crouching most of the way. Surprisingly you can climb the Pyramids too. The areas are cordoned off but beware you will be approached by locals offering all sorts. If you try and take a photo of a camel the owner expects to be paid, if you give your camera to someone and they take a photo for you they expect to be paid. Getting on a Camel is free of charge, don’t, its a fortune to get off unless you agreed a price first! That said I did pay a chap 100LE £4 and he took some amazing photos for us at the Sphinx. Sphinx is amazing. Saqqara is well worth a visit too and as your set behind the Pyramids at Giza you get an amazing view (see pics). At all 3 areas you have plenty of time and can easily fit into one day. You’ll be tired at the end. Plan for 12500 steps (and quite a few climbing).

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Think there are ways and ways to visit the pyramids. We arrived a bit short on time and our guide was in a rush as they close place where King was embalmed at I think round 4.30. Because in a car ona tour we could drive up to pyramids. We never went into pyramid or sea boat. And I regret that. The magnificence of the pyramids and Spinx is amazing... However... the locals seem to have absolutely no respect for the pyramids, the history or worse their environment. Being an animal lover and seeing how badly they treat the horses and Donkeys put me off completely. I came within an inch of taking a whip and giving them some of their own medicine. And the litter and filth!!!! Disgusting. So the dead might have left a legacy but the living leave much to be improved and that’s putting it mildly.