“Good to sea the graves”
Review of Pyramids of Giza

Pyramids of Giza
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Private Half-Day Trip to Giza Pyramids with...
Ranked #6 of 82 things to do in Giza
More attraction details
Owner description: Perhaps the most recognizable among the Seven Wonders of the World, the exact origin of these majestic pyramids continues to spark debate.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The pyramids are a good experience, having a noce horse ride in the sun beating down.... visit inside the pyramid is a bit tiring but a good work out for you to enjoy the shish kababs in the lunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,808)
All reviews
in 66 reviews
"burial chamber"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Those who visit Cairo/Egypt; either for business, tourism or any other cause, must visit Pyramids without visiting this great place your visit will be worthless. Be prepared to walk a quite lot in hot sun, so it is better to keep a bottle of water and don't forget to wear good walking shoes and a cap. Also be cautious from local vendors and camel riders they try their best to loot you by offering rides or the souvenirs. Not only in Pyramids most of the places in Egypt you should be prepared to bargain to buy any stuff at the rock bottom level.

Whatever, the Pyramids of Giza the Sphinx are awful one of the must see attractions of the world.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

To visit Egypt and not to visti pyramids in Giza is a sin! But, like the most, what I really did not want to see are "sellers"! I understand that revolution back in 2011. hit them hard in a sense of tourism backing down, but their approach is not good. I was there with my better half and as we were walking someone grab her arm from behind! I am cool, relaxed guy but I almost lost it! I told him to back of, and he did! As you assume, he was a "seller" wanted to sell her a scarf...

This one is important... !!!!!!

Around pyramids there are numerous camels, donkyes and horses you can ride. Ofc they have their owners. What I want you to notice is this... We were around pyramids and one of owners came and asked me to take a picture of me and my gf(with our camera). Right then I knew it will be "superb" situation. I said no, but he was annoying so I say ok. He took some pics and asked us to ride his camel, i said NO once again. And the came the "stupid tourist moment" my gf made a puppy face (you know pyramids, camel, love and stuff:)) so we took a ride... Everything was ok, but suddenly he directed his camel to the other side of the pyramid( no one was there, just us) and then the funny part started. I climbed down from the camel to pay him. He demanded 100$ that's right 100 american dollars for 10minutes on the camel, I said him to piss off , then he wanted 100 egyptian pounds, I told him NO. And then, one more came, team mate of his and started asking me money.. Oh I almost forgotten, my gf was still on the camel and they did not wanted to climb her down. At that moment, I showed him that I do not accept his terms and that I will fight if I need to. I gave him 30 egyptian pounds and 2$ usd, got my gf and left.

Do not ride camels around pyramids, if you "have to" do not get apart from your group. They know their "job" and they will try to ripp you off... See pyramids, take a picture,and leave!

3  Thank LongWayHomeOS
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Any trip to Egypt you must see the Pyramids. You must wear decent shoes as lots of walking and very rocky and sandy. I visted in June and was very very hot so take plenty of water and wear a hat or scarf. You can pay extra to go into one of the pyramids very hot inside and very small so if you do not like enclosed spaces not reccomended. With a guide they will take you to the top pyramid and then you work your way down. If no guide there is a lot of walking. Be prepared for lots of people trying to sell you stuff, they will put things in your hand and say they want to give you the item, this is not true they will then expect to be paid. This was the only thing that spoiled the visit, they could be very threatening.