The location was on a very busy road, good fun trying to cross it if you like to play Frogga (for those that remember this 80's video arcade game). We booked double room but were given a suite with view of pyramids from window. The mosque next door ensures you wake up by 5am but this is usual in built up areas. The traffic noise can be heard from bedroom but low level and not enough to bother me and I am sensitive to noise. Rooms well furnished but carpet did have very mild ordour of damp. Again nothing too much but did notice it when walked into room but once in room ok. Staff were friendly and hotel felt safe. We did eat at rooftop restaurant, ok price for hotel but beers was three times price you would pay in bar but still only eqivilent to three English pounds. Food was good quality. We did play frogga and crossed the road (turn right out of hotel) and ate a local small restaurant, food was excellent although did wait a while and alcohol wasn't served but the virgin cocktails were good. Good location if you want to walk to pyramids and ok price for what you get. Would if doing trip again stay in Cairo itself and taxi out to Pyramids. Swimming pool is small and adjacent to where breakfast is served for those who like an early swim!. Breakfast was ok but not great in comparrision to what is offered in holiday hotels. Didn't like to coffee but did have cereal, toast, yougurt and honey and ok tea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2002,renovated on 2014, the hotel is located at Pyramids' Avenue one of the most tourist areas, near the pyramids and the sphinx only one K/m,also hotel located in shopping area where you can found a variety from malls-coffee shop-restaurants-public transportation's. Gawharet Al Ahhram hotel offers 8 suites and 92 rooms full equipped. All of them with air-conditioning, satellite TV, internet service, direct-dial international telephone, room service 24 hours, minibar, complete bathroom, and laundry service-FREE WIFI in rooms and lobby. The hotel has lobby bar, indoor swimming pool, cash point, exchange money NBE bank, gift shop, rent car, beauty club, safe deposit box, fax and photocopy service. Also the hotel has two Restaurants, where you can taste a large, high quality and excellent international cuisine,Health Club. Hotel has a shuttle bus for pick-up and transfers (surcharge) 24/7 all the week ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gawharet Al Ahram Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Husa Gawharet El Ahram Hotel Giza
- Gawharet El Ahram Giza
- Gawharet El Ahram Hotel Giza
- Gawharet Al Ahram Hotel Egypt/Giza