We stayed here for 2 nights as the starting point as a part of a tour. As such, we did not have to check in (our guide did it for us). The staff that we did encounter were friendly and mostly helpful.
The hotel room was average. 2 single beds, small table and 2 chairs, mini fridge, tv etc. Not a whole lot of room, but enough for us. The bathroom was a good size although a little dodgy with the mould we saw in the sink. We had a window with a view to a concrete wall next door, and some pigeons who perched on the air con units outside. Unfortunately the window didn't close and lock so we were a little nervous for our first night in Egypt (not of the pigeons!). The lift button didn't work on the floor we were on (5th from memory), so we went to the 4th to call it instead.. that was after we had been walking up and down the staircase a few times, assuming the lifts were out completely! Oh well, good exercise for us.
The call to prayer woke us up at 4:30am but we were expecting it, and it was something we had to get used to anyway. Location was pretty good - fairly close to the pyramids, and I think it was good not to be in the middle of Cairo for our intro to the city.
We had a bad experience with the hotel restaurant upstairs. We wanted to have some dinner and the single staff member serving there really did not want to serve us (we were the only people there). His attitude was quite poor, however the staff in the cafe downstairs were very nice and friendly.
Overall, I would say that the hotel is ok for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2002,renovated on 2014, the hotel is located at Pyramids' Avenue one of the most tourist areas, near the pyramids and the sphinx only one K/m,also hotel located in shopping area where you can found a variety from malls-coffee shop-restaurants-public transportation's. Gawharet Al Ahhram hotel offers 8 suites and 92 rooms full equipped. All of them with air-conditioning, satellite TV, internet service, direct-dial international telephone, room service 24 hours, minibar, complete bathroom, and laundry service-FREE WIFI in rooms and lobby. The hotel has lobby bar, indoor swimming pool, cash point, exchange money NBE bank, gift shop, rent car, beauty club, safe deposit box, fax and photocopy service. Also the hotel has two Restaurants, where you can taste a large, high quality and excellent international cuisine,Health Club. Hotel has a shuttle bus for pick-up and transfers (surcharge) 24/7 all the week ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Gawharet Al Ahram Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Husa Gawharet El Ahram Hotel Giza
- Gawharet El Ahram Giza
- Gawharet El Ahram Hotel Giza
- Gawharet Al Ahram Hotel Egypt/Giza