I stayed at this hotel for three nights on two different occasions while traveling throughout Egypt. The first night was in a double room. The second and third night were in a single room. I had to relocate to another room because the sink in the first room literally fell apart. The bowl of the sink almost fell through to my toes as it separated from the counter. Thankfully there were two bent metal rods that had held it up - although they would appear to collapse on a moments notice. When I left for planned tours I had let the front desk know. They informed me I would have to be in the room for them to fix it (not sure why). I figured I had another night and would just make due with the sink. Provided it didn't fall to the ground it was usable. When I returned, I was locked out of my room and inquired at the front desk what was wrong. They had said housekeeping noticed the sink and that I would have to switch rooms. I felt like they were measuring me up - as if they were trying to determine if I did the damage. I was fine with anotehr room but wanted a room with a single bed. They did accommodate and found me a like room on the same floor. Had the sink broken on my toes I would have been in serious pain looking for a hospital in Africa. Thankfully that did not happen. The hotel staff is nice and for the most part, the rooms are clean. I gave the hotel a 3 star review because I paid $26 for the room after taxes in March '13. The low cost, friendly staff, flexible arrangements (they let me check out late at 2pm) and comfortable sleeping conditions kept me from giving this hotel a 1 or 2 star review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2002,renovated on 2014, the hotel is located at Pyramids' Avenue one of the most tourist areas, near the pyramids and the sphinx only one K/m,also hotel located in shopping area where you can found a variety from malls-coffee shop-restaurants-public transportation's. Gawharet Al Ahhram hotel offers 8 suites and 92 rooms full equipped. All of them with air-conditioning, satellite TV, internet service, direct-dial international telephone, room service 24 hours, minibar, complete bathroom, and laundry service-FREE WIFI in rooms and lobby. The hotel has lobby bar, indoor swimming pool, cash point, exchange money NBE bank, gift shop, rent car, beauty club, safe deposit box, fax and photocopy service. Also the hotel has two Restaurants, where you can taste a large, high quality and excellent international cuisine,Health Club. Hotel has a shuttle bus for pick-up and transfers (surcharge) 24/7 all the week ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Gawharet Al Ahram Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Husa Gawharet El Ahram Hotel Giza
- Gawharet El Ahram Giza
- Gawharet El Ahram Hotel Giza
- Gawharet Al Ahram Hotel Egypt/Giza