“very relaxing clean place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Movenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City

Movenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Giza
“very relaxing clean place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

the hotel staff is very friendly very helpful,, the place is big wich can make you walk and enjoy the green area and fresh air ,, good swimming pool ,, very suitable for family ,, i want to go and have a relaxing week end with my kids that certainly will recharge my energy ,, easy to reach the place ,, room was very beautiful - i was in a stander room im thinking how is special and suite are its very nice

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Mrs. Hend, thank you for your great feedback and attention, it is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

i like the location and the view from the rooms but i was dissapointed that the swimming pool is not working,i ordered 2 contenintal breakfast in the room but they brougt one contenintal and one oriental ,the menu doesn't have lots of choices ,the furniture of the room was very good and clean ,i enjoyed staying in movenpick

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Valued guest, thank you for your honest feedback, we apologize for not making your stay with us memorable. It is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself and will take all the measures to meet your expectations next time. We look forward to welcoming you back.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Staid here for 5 nights on a business trip. The hotel is massive and the rooms are very spread out which is a bit of a problem as its a long walk to the lobby especially because the golf car they use to transport you to the room is hardly ever available. Furniture in the room is very dated and the quality is nothing close to a 5 star hotel. Location is possibly the worst possible place you could stay in Cairo. It's in the middle of nowhere and a massive construction site for the Cairo Mall is right in front of the hotel. Unfortunately I will not return to this hotel. I will be back in Cairo next week and have booked Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah in the Zamaleek area. Looks way better and i know the area so i'm sure at least the area will be better.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

without any previous notification and after charging my credit card with the whole stay amount, I suddenly discovered that the swimming pool is closed due to some maintenance with building materials on both sides. by the end of the next day I was shocked to find that there is another pool with availble rooms on it having a much better view than the view of the closed pool . I m not sure how hey make booking on the closed side and on what basis do they choose who stay here and who stay there ?! I guess it depend on the guest complain.

My check in took more than an hour cause I forget to get a marriage proof given that my 5 months child keep crying cause it was time to feed and change. I though a crying child might make a difference but unfortunately not.

The only good point I can remember is that they gave me a 2 hours free late check out. thx

Room Tip: Dont stay in the rooms on the closed pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Nice and excellent resort I feel happiness with this wonderful trip and looking to repeat it again soon.
You can mail me for any future offers even at weekend or during any working days to make us enjoy such wonderful place and kind hospitality

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Sameh1964
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Coordinator at Movenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Mr.Sameh, thank you for your great feedback and attention, it is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was staying there for one night on a complimentary basis including breakfast as I am a member in circle M and I have a complimentary night stay voucher for one time.
The staff was very helpfully, they gave me an early check in and late check out, the breakfast was good.
What I did not like first they have a special guest ( prince ) who has been staying for 7 years uptill now, he has so many dogs huge ones while I was on my way to the reception I felt those dogs breathing behind me ( 2 Rottweilers ) big size although their guard was holding them tight still I find it so uncomfortable and I thought if my child saw them he will run and they will run after him and the guard won't be able to control them, second they are working on a aqua park and there was a lot of noise although I was far still I could hear the noise this is should be a resort, third they do not respect the privacy or the comfort of their guest because they let the golf car and the laundry one to pass in front of the terraces which is uncomfortable for me instead of looking at the pool I keep looking at these cars and the housekeeping came early in the morning shouting and calling each other and listening to their audio on their mobile and cleaned my terrace while I am still there in the room yes I was awake but my son was still asleep and they should not make such noise or clean any part of my room including the terrace unless I leave the room, fourth the glass of the balcony was not tight and I was feeling cold at night there is a lot of space between the glass and the aluminum.

All in all the landscape is nice and the room was nice although it needs some maintenance and the reception was adequate and helpfull.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank rania m
Dear Mrs. Rania, thank you for your honest feedback, we apologize for not making your stay with us memorable. It is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself and will take all the measures to meet your expectations next time. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Hi i m The manager of Alresala Alalfya Art Production in Alexandria this was my second visit to Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City
Thanks for great serving this made me proud you re doing very good may be the disco need more care >> Thanks again . This wont be my last visit .

Room Tip: 18112 Great view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HishamZytoun
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Hisham, thank you for your great feedback and attention, it is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back.